(Topic ID: 220630)

Bat Man Standard, the one from Costco...

By Mikedenton49

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D9A8D47C-B595-4AE7-AEB2-04B09C13C1E3 (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 years ago

So given only 48 of these were made, are they sought after? A friend of mine has a mint huo unit and I'm curious what it is worth. Anyone know the rest of the story?

https://www.pinballnews.com/news/batmanlite.html

#2 5 years ago
    D9A8D47C-B595-4AE7-AEB2-04B09C13C1E3 (resized).jpegD9A8D47C-B595-4AE7-AEB2-04B09C13C1E3 (resized).jpeg
    #3 5 years ago

Rare doesn’t equal valuable. This is a stripped down version. IMO they took out too much. I wouldn’t give over 2k for this thing.

#4 5 years ago

Right. When he sent me the pics I was like, uhm sorry bud, half the playfield is missing parts.

Cool. Just thought I'd see what the verdict was. I mean 48 is a small number...

#5 5 years ago

I have seen one in the past. It was fun

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mikedenton49:

So given only 48 of these were made, are they sought after? A friend of mine has a mint huo unit and I'm curious what it is worth. Anyone know the rest of the story?
    https://www.pinballnews.com/news/batmanlite.html

Oh man. Tell him to bring it to TPF! I'd love to see one.

#8 5 years ago

I don’t see why it couldn’t fetch 2500-2700ish. I think anything in the 3k neighborhood will be a tough sale.

FWIW everyone ( a few Pinsiders anyway) thought Iron Man Classic (Costco version) was a deal at $2900 recently.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-iron-man-classic-standard

#9 5 years ago

Behold, the origin of the PRO model!

I actually think that this was/is a great idea, but they never get the pricing low enough for these home models to be a real alternative to having the actual arcade games. Especially given how much they stripped out.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

I don’t see why it couldn’t fetch 2500-2700ish. I think anything in the 3k neighborhood will be a tough sale.
    FWIW everyone ( a few Pinsiders anyway) thought Iron Man Classic (Costco version) was a deal at $2900 recently.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-iron-man-classic-standard

The Iron Man game wasn't stripped down nearly as much as this one is, and more people want Iron Man than Batman and it's not close. No way is he going to get anywhere near $2500 from anyone that knows pinball machines.

This is $2000 max (and this would be from someone who doesn't know pinball).

#11 5 years ago

As someone who collects rare games, rarity does not make something desirable. Its not a good game. For the money you can get a DE Batman or for a bit more you can get a Batman Forever, both which are much better games. In this game it is a stripped down version of a readily available machine. The fact that it has less, makes it worse and even less desirable.

Rarity can lead to something being worth more if there is some level of desirability for what it is. Big Bang Bar is a great example of this. Gameplay wise it is not as a good as Pinball Magic, but it is better than airborne. It is a very pretty albeit just ok game. It is very rare though and since it is rare they sell for big money.

Another example is mystery castle versus pistol poker. Mystery will pull twice as much as pistol despite it having a few more units made. It is a better game and in some ways it is a little more unique. It will sell faster at twice the price because of this, despite not being twice the game.

#12 5 years ago

I have mixed emotions. These things are light and cheap feeling but most of the removed features are not big for game play. The Hot Wheel car track is useless and the Joker cylinder didn't work on the early games anyway. The upper right playfield was kind of "eh" but not worse that the POTD on LOTR so just a corner filler. My biggest issue it the drop target for the Joker entrance changes gameplay a lot.

Has to be less than $2K. It is worth what you want to pay and it is cool. But if you are thinking of resale this is not an investment easily realized.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bat-man-standard-the-one-from-costco?hl=mikedenton49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.