(Topic ID: 240946)

Basket case black knight

By hockeymutt

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hockeymutt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Finally got this game up and running.

Here's what I've done already,

New speech board with cable
    New caps on both power supply and soundboard
    Reflowed all header pins and replaced both sides of the interconnect

Problems,
    When the second ball enters the upper trough, it will kick the 3rd ball out and keep trying to kick out another ball that doesn't exist. Verified all switches registered in the trough

Left hand sling shot doesn't work, completed a continuity check on both switches and they work coil has 5 ohms of resistance.

1 week later
    #2 4 years ago

Fixed the issues with the the third ball.

New problems: game played great for 2 weeks started locking up randomly. Found the interconnect header pins were to short and i bent one pin on the female side.

Fast forward today completed the interconnect and nvram while I was at it everything worked great. Then today speech went to a whistle and more lock ups won't even start. All other sounds worked randomly. Sounds would work then not but when they worked both speech and sound worked. Displays won't display the first 2 digits in attrack mode but worked when playing. Speech and sound boards worked every time with the driverboard disconnected in test. At this point I'm going to ditch both the driver board and mpu and go with Fred's.

A child on the way I have no time to troubleshoot this

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hockeymutt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/basket-case-black-knight-?tu=hockeymutt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.