(Topic ID: 330736)

Basements. Why Are They There And Where Are They?

By punkin

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

van7 (resized).jpg
    VmY.gif
    G4 Basement - 2-24-2023, 12.59.28am (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    A2D62432-F2A7-4191-BC8D-37F895F5C24F (resized).png
    image (resized).jpg
    did-you-ever-lick-a-battery-1860948446 (resized).jpg
    giphy (13).gif
    DSCF2023[1] (resized).jpg
    DSCF2018[1] (resized).jpg
    1024px-Cheater_plug_edited (resized).jpg
    pasted_image2 (resized).png
    11800578-8E47-431E-965C-8B54FFDE8485 (resized).jpeg
    https___cf-images.ap-southeast-2.prod.boltdns.net_v1_static_664969388001_40bd71aa-98ec-4d2e-8215-f8e5927b6948_d2c1035c-e00a-4450

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skink91.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 1 year ago

The basement is truly a glorious and wonderful place.

#78 1 year ago

Both the beer and the pinball.

#98 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Don't get started on the way you guys just run your stormwater out in the yard instead of having council infrastructure outside underground to pipe into.

Huh? Why?

#103 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

See how easy it is to fall into the why trap?
    Because, it saves you flooding your neighbour out and just passing the problem from yard to yard. Your yard is not a fucking bog, only the water that falls on the yard is there, rain from roofs goes to stormwater, into the river or ocean.
    You already have the hole dug for the sewer/water/power pipes (recurring theme here?) so why not?

To my knowledge, rainwater or snow or is not even allowed to go back into our normal sewer systems. Also most people landscape things to handle the runoff in whatever way is necessary to the appropriate landing spot.

An observation, few things are really universal truths applicable to everyone and every situation.

#153 1 year ago

I will say that as I have gotten older, the idea of single level living has started made infinitely more sense (i.e. eliminating stairs whenever possible)… so rambler/ranch-style houses are preferred for sure. That said, I still definitely prefer the above to have a large unfinished basement for all the reasons discussed earlier, and many if not most lots in cities lead to basement gamerooms being a better if not only option vs. sheds (whether due to HOAs or even things like weather… walking outside in a MN January to get to the shed is not really anyone’s first choice to my knowledge.)

#188 1 year ago
    Quoted from 7oxford:

We have earthquakes but that shouldn’t stop a basement.

Not certain if this is true or not. Seems like this could actually be a serious concern to me if cracks led to moisture, varmints, etc. I knew someone that had a problem like that lead to a crazy snake infestation in their basement.

#190 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I vowed to never live in a HOA and find myself in one now. I moved out to the country and I can tell you I love living in this HOA. I can't believe it but I really do.

The blessing is also the curse: it stops you from doing any damn crazy thing you want, but also your neighbors as well.

#368 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sensei:

Another reason why Pinside is just becoming a dumping ground for more and more ridiculous and pointless threads.

You one of these people that shows up at other people’s birthday parties and complains they aren’t serving your favorite cake and beer?

You literally navigated to an Off-Topic category thread, and dropped a turd in here… so… speaking of ridiculous, dude…

#412 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Same as China, without the sprayer. Bring your own paper or your shit out of luck. Don't put the paper down there, the systems not capable of it, there's a bucket next to you.

The public toilets by the train stations in Tokyo were the same. 4 holes in the concrete… had to use one once in an emergency situation.

I will say this - this is something everyone should work through the logistics of BEFORE finding themselves squatting over a hole trying to figure out how to stay balanced and not shit all over their pulled down pants without taking them off.

(Pro Tip: the key is hooking the back of your pants with your thumbs and pulling them out of the way)

#419 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Yeah its a pain, but haven't you guys ever shit in the woods?

Yes, but I was able to put my back against a tree… so the LOGistics were totally different (plus you can actually take off your pants or at least one leg and not wonder what it would be sitting in.)

I am not worried about it anymore (though not having TP does really suck), but trying to figure it out for the first time when the brown bullet train is a comin’ is not a good time.

1 week later
    #444 1 year ago
    Quoted from balzofsteel:

Wouldn't be a problem in a kilt now would it.

Most certainly would not… stupid pants… who needs pants?!

#445 1 year ago

No more pants!!

#446 1 year ago

I’m done. Pants are coming off… right fucking now!

#450 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I only wear pants at work. Rest of the day, shorts; all year round.

I think you have gravely misunderstood me…

NO pants.

No.

Pants.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skink91.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/basements-why-are-they-there-and-where-are-they?tu=skink91 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.