(Topic ID: 109349)

Basement gameroom build

By Axl

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150426-DSC_9387.jpg
    20150426-DSC_9384.jpg
    image-358.jpg
    image-392.jpg
    image-408.jpg
    image-732.jpg
    image-77.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_4861.jpg
    IMG_0893.JPG
    Skjermbilde 2015-01-10 kl. 15.35.33.png
    Skjermbilde 2015-01-10 kl. 15.34.19.png
    Skjermbilde 2015-01-10 kl. 15.34.31.png
    IMG_4446.jpg
    IMG_4344.jpg
    There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 9 years ago

luckymoey Do you have links to your game room build?
    And with AMH! Sweet!

I looked at the game room today and i need to take into consideration actually removing the glass…

Did some small but great progress today, tomorrow the drywalls are going up!

IMG_4861.jpgIMG_4861.jpg

#52 9 years ago

Can't wait to see both your Shadows in there!

#53 9 years ago

Hi Aurich, if it only was true, and not pinside user error…

It is the true jewel in my collection and will never leave!

Axl

#54 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

Another small update.
    I have been working today and made great progress.
    So not much left before the second layer goes up.

I am doing all the rest from now in the whole house to save money.
    So I guess I will be done a year from now...

After work comes play. Played BSD to give me a boost, but man, that game is a downer!
    Average game is about 3 minutes, and the score? Bad stokers Dracula...

People say iron man is hard, but that is a walk in the park compared to BSD.
    (Except do or die..)

Axl

1 month later
    #55 9 years ago

Made some progress, moving forward at a slow pace.
    I am also working on the kitchen, but right now I have to finish the room so I have a place to sleep(!)

Don with the ceiling and walls and have started painting.
    It took a long time, and made a lot of errors, but on the plus side, this helps me make all the other rooms perfect.

Anyway, the room will be dark when I play my games.

image.jpgimage.jpg

The electrician installed underfloor heating.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    image.jpgimage.jpg

Next up, concrete (can't remember what the special type is called in English, self floating thingy concrete?)

Starting on the laminate floor, bought som really nice 2 meter Pergo laminar planks.
    Very easy to install.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Floor done!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Sleep image.jpgimage.jpg

Axl

#57 9 years ago

Good & interesting thread Axl & congrats on creating a great space!

#58 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

No...really? It's shaping up really nice.

Yes really! Haha the rest of the house is tared down to nothing. But in a month or so the kitchen is done. The bathroom will be done on Monday.

That only leaves the rest. So I guess maybe October everything will be done.
    It will be a long journey, but we will finally have a house That we dreamt of.

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from wayner:

Good & interesting thread Axl & congrats on creating a great space!

Thank you for the kind words Wayner!

Axl

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from Axl:

Yes really! Haha the rest of the house is tared down to nothing. But in a month or so the kitchen is done. The bathroom will be done on Monday.
    That only leaves the rest. So I guess maybe October everything will be done.
    It will be a long journey, but we will finally have a house That we dreamt of.

WOW, I'd think you'd use an air matters and be more comfortable.

#61 9 years ago

with underfloor heating you have to be careful regulating the room moisture, just sayin'

1 week later
    #62 9 years ago
    Quoted from Axl:

Haha the rest of the house is tared down to nothing.

Ah, that wonderful stage of potential, and nothing but potential I remember when my basement gameroom looked like this: https://www.flickr.com/photos/oyvindmo/6056472065/in/set-72157627331231023
    Sketching possible layouts, trying to envision the end state; so exciting!

Also: don't sell your Shadow; I'm almost starting to regret selling mine

#63 9 years ago

Oyvindmo, do you have any pictures of how it ended up?

Your old shadow is doing great, it was my first machine, and it will be the last to leave.
    I was going to email you, because I have to say, that machine has been bulletproof!
    Everything has been working perfect for 3 years now. Just plain wonderful

Axl

#64 9 years ago

Pinbiohazard, what do you mean? Is there something I am not aware of I should be on the lookout for?

Axl

#65 9 years ago
    Quoted from Axl:

Oyvindmo, do you have any pictures of how it ended up?

Sure thing. It's not very fancy or anything, but feel free to ask if you have any questions:

Four pins, darts and LegoFour pins, darts and Lego
    Three pins and an A/V equipment rackThree pins and an A/V equipment rack

#66 9 years ago

Looks good with nice room for the players. Now for the decorations.

#67 9 years ago

What? Decorations? And sully my nice, gray walls?! That's crazy talk.

Seriously, I will put something up on the walls but I am still undecided. Considering only aesthetics I was thinking two playfields under the windows, and one piece of pinball related art on each side. But the room could really use a lot of sound dampening, so considering that side of things I really shouldn't hang flat, hard playfields there but rather something to absorb and/or diffract sound.

Making the room look like an arcade or a bar is not something I want, so I'll keep it relatively clean either way.

#68 9 years ago

That was really nice oyvindmo!
    What kind of floor do you have?

My room will be fitted with sound dampening and reflectors from http://www.vicoustic.com/music-broadcast they have wonderful stuff, that not only makes the sound better, bout also looks great.

Axl

#69 9 years ago
    Quoted from oyvindmo:

What? Decorations? And sully my nice, gray walls?! That's crazy talk.
    Seriously, I will put something up on the walls but I am still undecided. Considering only aesthetics I was thinking two playfields under the windows, and one piece of pinball related art on each side. But the room could really use a lot of sound dampening, so considering that side of things I really shouldn't hang flat, hard playfields there but rather something to absorb and/or diffract sound.
    Making the room look like an arcade or a bar is not something I want, so I'll keep it relatively clean either way.

Well I'm crazy what do you expect. You should see my place. Sound dampening for sure but what to use. I have carpet so that takes care of it for me.

#70 9 years ago

The floor is stone tiles on concrete, with heating in the concrete. Also, you can see in the pictures that I have a mat in the pinball area. It's a rubber mat to make it more comfortable; standing still on completely hard floor gets painful after a while. I believe I bought it from Cowab; a simple gray mat, comes on a roll and can be cut in place. Not beautiful, but nice and comfy.

Anyway, when it comes to details: I think it's nice that the width of a playfield fits a 19" rack perfectly as a door

#71 9 years ago
    Quoted from oyvindmo:

Anyway, when it comes to details: I think it's nice that the width of a playfield fits a 19" rack perfectly as a door

and the pf length would almost cover a window right? That would light the inserts real nice when the sun is out....like stained glass in a church.

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/basement-gameroom-build/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.