(Topic ID: 81237)

Baseball Fundraiser - Pinball machine needed!

By Acampero

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Acampero
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Hey guys/gals

I'm hosting a local pinball tournament for my sons baseball team (all the families and friends) over at my house and part of the the prize package I'm looking to give away is a pinball machine.

So, I'm looking for a good deal on a pinball machine that is family friendly that I can offer up as a prize for the tournament. Perhaps an early solid state machine that is reliable. Would even be open to an EM machine. Even the possibility of an arcade machine would be great. I'm open to suggestions.

Located in the Los Angeles area so if anyone knows of a machine that they would be willing to give me a good deal on a players condition pinball/arcade machine that I can use for the cause it would be greatly appreciated.

The tournament is not set in stone yet but I'm hoping to host something in the spring around May. Figured I should get a jump on it and see if I could find something sooner rather than later.

#3 10 years ago

That's a little out of my price range. Looking to spend less than 1k, hopefully in the $600-$700 range.

#4 10 years ago

you should try to pickup a baseball themed table

#5 10 years ago

I've donated pinball machines to a couple of charity auctions in the past and have had pretty good luck finding games locally that I can fix up and donate. I've only donated EM games as they are usually affordable and clean up pretty easily.

Maybe someone in your area has a project EM game they'd be willing to cut a deal on for you. I'd also keep an eye out on craigslist. If you find a game that needs repair and you can't do it yourself, maybe someone in your area would be willing to work with you to repair it or it or would give you a break on the cost, knowing it's going to be donated.

If you can find a non-working, dirty game, you can usually get it at a reasonable price and then the cost of cleaning it up is minimal.

I'll be donating a Williams Blue Chip to an auction in a couple of weeks. Not a great game or a great looker, but it cleaned up nice and it plays nice and I don't have a lot into it.

I think you're starting your search early enough that you should be able to find something.

I actually have a game I just finished cleaning up so I'd be ready for my next auction donation (which isn't for a while) and it's a baseball themed game on top of it, but with shipping (I'm in Wisconsin) it would kill the deal for you I'm sure.

Dave

#6 10 years ago

Baseball theme would be great.

Let me know what you have Dave, maybe it would be worth the shipping? Or maybe some crazy Pinsider would be traveling cross country sometime soon

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from Acampero:

Baseball theme would be great.
    Let me know what you have Dave, maybe it would be worth the shipping? Or maybe some crazy Pinsider would be traveling cross country sometime soon

I have a 72 Gottlieb Grand Slam. The cab is bit beat up but the playfield cleaned up pretty well and it plays nicely. The Midwest Gaming Classic is in April. Maybe someone from your area is making a road trip here and could haul it back for you? That would still give you enough time.

If you're interested, PM me and I can shoot you some pictures.

Dave

1 week later
    #8 10 years ago

Bumpity Bump. I love Dave's Grand Slam but the distance may be an issue. Trying to work something out but I figured I would bump to see if there were any ideas.

Arn

#9 10 years ago

There is a pinsider Danzig in Arizona with a Silver Slugger, probably about 8 hours away from you, not sure if he would even sell it though.

Long shot but it's an idea..

#10 10 years ago

I'm also not sure where the pinball on the move guy is and whether he'd be heading west any time soon but he'd be another option. Just google pinballs on the move and you should be able to find him. I don't know if he does west coast swings or not but if he does, he'd be an option.

Dave

#11 10 years ago

Could always get a slugfest. They are always a hit for the recreational pinballers

#12 10 years ago

Still looking into it Dave
    In the meantime...bump

#13 10 years ago

Hi Arn,

No worries...I'm guessing there aren't going to be too many people driving from California to the Midwest Gaming Classic, but you never know. You might get lucky.

Dave

#14 10 years ago

I thrive on luck

#15 10 years ago

I have a lead on a possible arcade cabinet but I'm still keeping all options open.

#16 10 years ago

Just keep me in the loop so I know what the plan is...

Dave

#17 10 years ago

I just donated a gottlieb top score to a local charity auction. It brought $1000. I did have them list it as life time maintenance to aid in the sale. Good luck with yours.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

Just keep me in the loop so I know what the plan is...
    Dave

Of course Dave. Your option is still my favorite.

#19 10 years ago

Still looking at options.

2 weeks later
    #20 10 years ago

Still on the hunt.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baseball-fundraiser-pinball-machine-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.