10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by doghouse
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AsylumSMALL-BIGcheckSIGNED.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mole.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Barry Oursler Tournament Fundraiser at the Pinball Asylum

We need your help.

We were approached by the IFPA to help participate in a nation wide fundraising event for the Oursler family to which we replied, “absolutely, how can we help”.

To help raise donations, the Pinball Asylum is going to host a Barry Oursler Fundraiser event on Saturday March 15. This will be an open house event with two pinball benefit tournaments for our guests to participate in. The goal is to generate funds that well be given to the Oursler family.

Barry Oursler designed a lot of great titles that we all played in the past and are playing still to this day. I know that I have fond memories of playing a lot of his games over the years. Take a look at the list below and you be amazed at all the fantastic machines that were created by Barry Oursler. What an accomplishment!

From the IFPA page, “Famous pinball designer Barry Oursler is seeking donations for treatment for himself and his wife Donna. In February 2013, Barry was diagnosed with bone marrow cancer. The treatments and prescriptions are not covered 100% by insurance, so the bills are piling up. Last July, Donna was diagnosed with kidney failure. As a result, she must receive dialysis 3 times per week.”

Direct IFPA Link: http://www.ifpapinball.com/help-barry-oursler-campaign

If you would care to donate to the Barry Oursler Fund before the Asylum tournament you can do so here: http://www.gofundme.com/6fgkt0

How you can help: We need your help to get Barry Oursler designed pinball machines to the Pinball Asylum and setup for use in the two benefit pinball tournaments. All the proceeds will be donated to the Barry Oursler Fund.

Plus, we need to get sponsors and/ or prizes of any kind that can be used for raffles, giveaways or to be used for tournament prizes. We appreciate anything to help raise donations.

The two tournament formats:

Ten Token Barry Oursler Themed Tournament: Fee $40 donation- Ten chances to get your highest qualify score on five machines. Your score will be rank and given points for each machine, then the points totaled. The top 4 totals will be given prizes for their achievement.

The Barry Oursler Tribute Tournament: 3 for $10 donation- Qualifying will start at 11am to 5:30pm Finals to begin at 6:30.

Here is the List of Barry Oursler designed titles. Please post your name below and the game you would like to bring to the Asylum. The Pinball Asylum is located in Fort Myers, Florida.

You can also contact me direct at [email protected]

Thank you for your help,

Dan

Bad Cats
    Barracora
    Bram Stoker’s Dracula
    Comet
    Cosmic Gunfight
    Cyclone
    Defender
    Dirty Harry
    Doc Who
    Fire!
    Gorgar
    Grand Lizard
    Harley-Davidson
    Hurricane
    Jack-bot
    Jokerz!
    Jungle Lord
    Junkyard
    Laser Ball
    Phoenix
    Pin-bot
    Poker
    Police Force
    Popeye Saves the Earth
    Scorpion
    Solar Fire
    Space Shuttle
    Space Station
    Star Light
    Time Fantasy
    Time Warp
    Who Dunnit

#4 10 years ago

Curly, thank you very much for your help and support.

The Little Shop of Games has offer their support and some pinball related items to help our fundraiser. They gave us a couple of items that will be for the tournament winners and a number of nice things that we are thinking about holding aside and having a raffle or silent auction.

http://www.littleshopofgames.com

#5 10 years ago

Good news for tournament players and inmates.

I received an email last night from the IFPA told me that they regard our Barry Oursler Fundraiser Tournament Event to be an "annual" or major event. Which means that there will be over 37.5 WPPR points up for grabs for these tournaments. I believe they are doing this because they care about the success of this and other Oursler fundraising events that are being held and are hoping to draw more attention and people to this charity cause for Barry's family and their needs.

The main tournament will be given a 25 point base and the side tournament will be a 12.5 point base and both of these bases will increase after the players rank weight is calculated in.

I hope you all can be in attendance to help Barry and his wife and earn some points as a reward.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Thank you,

Dan

#6 10 years ago

As you probably already heard, we are holding a special fundraiser for Barry Oursler and his wife. If you would like to participate or be present at this event, please fill out the registration to let us know that you will be attending. The registration will take you mere moments but will help us a lot to prepare for all our guests needs.

Here is the direct link to that Tournament and Attendance Registration Page.

Click Here>>>>> http://www.pinballasylum.com/Tournament_Registration.html

Thank you,

Dan

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mole.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/barry-oursler-tournament-fundraiser-at-the-pinball-asylum?tu=Mole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.