Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by hAbO
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8F8E673E-5615-46D5-9BAE-0DB0591D0B43 (resized).jpeg
    0630201804 (resized).jpg
    740-FRONT-BARRY-OURSLER-PINBALL-EXPO-HOF-FRONT (resized).jpg
    60F66966-2021-4016-8E1A-1CBA3676121D (resized).jpeg
    Star Light (resized).jpg
    There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

Steve Ritchie says on facebook:

He checked into a hospital, not sure which one, and "will be there for awhile", as he said.

Get well soon!

UPDATE, PLEASE READ: I have been asked to share this - Please do NOT send Barry private messages or call him at this time as he needs rest and his phone is blowing up so much his wife is having trouble getting through.

#2 3 years ago

I wouldn't be into pinball without Barry. Pin·Bot got me hooked. What's your favorite Oursler game? Mine is...
    Star Light (resized).jpgStar Light (resized).jpg

#3 3 years ago

Probably true for me as well, in a roundabout way. NES Pinbot was probably my biggest driver aside from Bride of Pinbot in the arcade to get into pinball, and Space Shuttle was my first pin to own. :\

#4 3 years ago

Fire!

#6 3 years ago

Best wishes for a speedy recovery

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

What's your favorite Oursler game? Mine is...

DH!

What a list to choose form though. And amazingly not all the same layout or 2...I didn't know that was possible!

#8 3 years ago

Hard to choose as he's responsible for a remarkable list of machines.

If I had to pick one I would say Dr. Who as its a personal favorite that I play at home quite a bit.

Wishing him well and a speedy recovery.
    Covid sucks.

#9 3 years ago

Get well Barry!

#10 3 years ago

Too many games to list. Dude is a legend.

#11 3 years ago

Fun story, after Barry played my Pinbot at a show (it was for sale) he contacted me sometime later wanting to buy it. I had just sold it the day before. Damn! Barry O. almost bought my Pinbot!

#12 3 years ago

BSD is my favorite Oursler game. It was the first pin that I bought, almost 16 years go. Still here and being played regularly.

I hope you have a speedy recovery, Barry!

60F66966-2021-4016-8E1A-1CBA3676121D (resized).jpeg60F66966-2021-4016-8E1A-1CBA3676121D (resized).jpeg
    #13 3 years ago

Terrible news , well wishes for a quick recovery.

#14 3 years ago

Got the chance to work with him when he was at Highway Pinball. Picked him up from the airport and got some great stories from him. He goes to the cinema packing heat! He loves his guns.

He's a tough guy and will kick covid's ass.

#15 3 years ago

Time for a game of Cyclone in his honor.

Hang in there Barry!!!

#16 3 years ago

Bsd. Hope he gets better soon!

#17 3 years ago

Space Shuttle.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

#18 3 years ago

This is terrible news. We love you Barry and enjoy your works of art. We're all pulling for you!
    -Chrissi

#19 3 years ago

Wishing him a speedy recovery. He designed some great pins.

#20 3 years ago

Barry, we look forward to seeing what you come up with next. Get well!
    -mof

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

DH!
    What a list to choose form though. And amazingly not all the same layout or 2...I didn't know that was possible!

Really liked that about Fire! No pop bumpers, and totally different kind of play.

Fire! was the first machine I bought: I had fond memories playing that one back in the day. I still own it and also have a BSD.

I was really looking forward to see what he comes up with at Deeproot, and if he still had that innovative / let's-do-something-different touch.

Get well soon, Barry!

#22 3 years ago

Really liked BSD with the mist magnet gimmick and multiball stacking. Hope you get well soon, Barry!

#23 3 years ago

I hope he has a speedy recovery !

LTG : )

#24 3 years ago

His ramps with diverters like DH and BSD are brilliant. Space Shuttle saved pinball. Get better Barry. Looking forward to seeing what you’ll bring to Deep Root.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Got the chance to work with him when he was at Highway Pinball. Picked him up from the airport and got some great stories from him. He goes to the cinema packing heat! He loves his guns.
    He's a tough guy and will kick covid's ass.

That's awesome! My respect for Barry just went up, even more.
    Thanks for sharing!

#27 3 years ago

Could have been Tornado.

Maybe it can still be yet.

#28 3 years ago

I hope he recovers well.

Of my 12 different games, 4 are designed by Oursler, so I guess I can say I'm a fan of his games: BSD, DrWho, DH en Pinbot. I rate them in that order.

#29 3 years ago

Don't forget #Space Station ... love the green mode!

#30 3 years ago

Absolutely legendary designer. The game would not be what it is today without Space Shuttle and Pinbot. Get well soon, Barry.

#31 3 years ago

Barry is a great guy. I met him at Pintastic a couple years back. Space Station is the one game where I’ve had sellers remorse. I still have my Who Dunnit and I know I may be in the minority, but I love it. Barry always produced designs that were different and unique. Wishing you a speedy recovery! Thank you so much for all you’ve given the community over the years!

#32 3 years ago

Get well soon Barry!

Just played my Bad Cats to honor you

Chris

#33 3 years ago

Best wishes Barry. Hope you are better soon.

#34 3 years ago

I've been working on a Barry Ourlser Podcast for Silverball Chronicles so he's at the top of my mind recently. Praying for you Barry!

#35 3 years ago

Awful news, but I hope he recovers soon. Barry has always been my favorite designer and was surprised at how humble he was in person. No ego, just great games. Cyclone was the first pinball machine I ever played as a kid, but PinBot is my favorite. I played Comet, Bad Cats, and Grand Lizard growing up as well.

#36 3 years ago

Oursler is epic in design and my favorite of all time.

Pinbot is pinball to me. THE best machine made. Ever.

Godspeed for a quick recovery.

#37 3 years ago

I sure do hope for nothing but a positive outcome for Barry! He's such a kind and gracious person, and obviously a brilliant designer.

It seems like he always had the adjacent table to us at breakfast at the Embassy Suites last year at the TPF. I saw him there a lot but didn't really speak much.

#39 3 years ago

Gorgar was the first Barry game to hook me and pull me right into the pit! The menacing beast, throbbing heartbeat and echoing speech freaked me out as a kid, but it was just so immersive to me at that age. I loved it. Hard to name a favorite. Star Light, Cosmic Gunfight, Space Shuttle, DH, Cyclone, Grand Lizard, DW...its hard to even trim it down to a top 5 Oursler list. Beat this one down Barry, I want to see some more new titles from you.

#40 3 years ago

Gonna play some Solar Fire!

Crossing my fingers and toes for Uncle Barry?

#41 3 years ago

PLEASE READ: I have been asked to share this - Please do NOT send Barry private messages or call him at this time as he needs rest and his phone is blowing up so much his wife is having trouble getting through.

Thanks all.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from n4297m:

Barry is a great guy. I met him at Pintastic a couple years back. Space Station is the one game where I’ve had sellers remorse. I still have my Who Dunnit and I know I may be in the minority, but I love it. Barry always produced designs that were different and unique. Wishing you a speedy recovery! Thank you so much for all you’ve given the community over the years!

WhoDunnit is such an under-rated game. A tad easy for the experienced player, but still my favorite on the list.

#43 3 years ago

Meet Barry at Michigan Pinball expo a few years ago. Sat with him and talked pinball for a while. Was a great humble guy. One thing that I remember most is of how much he liked the mist ball on bsd. that was one of his favorite things he designed. Pulling for you Barry!!! YOU CAN BEAT THIS!!!!

#44 3 years ago

Bsd. When i met him at expo, he said it was the only game of his he had at the time.

#45 3 years ago

PINBOT PINBOT PINBOT
    My wife and I had our first date over 30 years ago playing endless games of PINBOT.
    Get Well soon ! Pray for a quick recovery.

#47 3 years ago

so MANY of my favorites!

He is possibly the most well rounded designer of all time!

On the whole he is above avg for every single game and a few all time bests!!!

Many designers toss out stinkers, but even Barry's less liked games are solid!

#48 3 years ago

Wishing him the best and a speedy recovery. It’s too bad he bought into the COVID-19 denial. Now paying the price. Pleas take this seriously folks.

#49 3 years ago

I am a Huge fun of Barry’s designs, and I hope to thank him personally sometime soon. Get well, Barry!

#50 3 years ago

A photo for those who need a visual aid to know who they are wishing well. Speedy recovery Barry!

740-FRONT-BARRY-OURSLER-PINBALL-EXPO-HOF-FRONT (resized).jpg740-FRONT-BARRY-OURSLER-PINBALL-EXPO-HOF-FRONT (resized).jpg
    There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/barry-oursler-battling-covid-19?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.