IMG_4022 (resized).JPG
IMG_4164 (resized).JPG
IMG_4242 (resized).JPG
IMG_4328 (resized).JPG
IMG_4317 (resized).JPG
IMG_4339 (resized).JPG
IMG_4174 (resized).JPG
IMG_3987 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmacy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

After many years of trying to get some friends and family able to coordinate with their own lives and family, I'm happy to finally get to go after trying for 10 years to make this happen. It's a bucket list thing for me that I may not be able to do in a few years.

Anyone else have been or has gone? Recommendations or suggestions? Must sees locally, restaurants, etc? We booked it all back in August so that's all set and really happy we did. I wanted to get a premium package but the other cheapskates didn't lol. Looks like it's really not worth it in all honesty.

Looked for some locations with pins and there's a few. The others would play but not going to drag them out of town unless there's a decent looking location.

#6 7 years ago

Thanks everyone. All great stuff Chuck and generalgman. We're going to try and make a small trip up to the Grand Canyon as well since it's fairly close.

I've been going to Carlisle for over 25 years most all years. This sounds even better. Our hotel is a mile away which is good as it sounds like there's a lot to see and I'll be taking many breaks. No plans on bidding either but I can see that could change once there. Haven't had any toys myself since 2011 and don't have much interest in having another car but I can see that changing as well. Thanks everyone!

#10 7 years ago

As this is drawing near, I wanted to ask about parking: any recommendations of which lot, how much to park, etc?

Also, having pre-purchased tickets, does that grant quicker access into the venue?

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

I like watching the auctions on TV, but they do have a tendency to put me to sleep. They would be a lot more fun with $$$$ in the pocket and an open space in the garage.

As much as I enjoy it, I agree with the putting to sleep thing. And it's annoying that the past few years (And I see this years as well) they move it around different channels. It would be nice to see it all on one channel. It gets confusing if you want to watch it.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from generalgman:

I believe that when you arrive, the parking staff will direct you to the parking lot area. They have a shuttle bus that comes around and will pick you up and take you to the entry area. I don't think there was a charge for parking the times I went.

Great; thank you!!!

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from generalgman:

Also Russo and Steele is just 9 miles away . Wednesday January 18th for the auction preview and the auction starts Thursday January 19th. It is another great place to see some very nice cars.
https://russoandsteele.com/scottsdale/

Wow, that may be worth taking a look at; thank you!

Quoted from chuckcasey:

Parking is easy and plentiful. PM me and I'll give you my cell #. Text me when your in the venue and I might be able to get you a parking pass for the bidders parking for the rest of the week. Even the daily parking is easy though. I would suggest come early to take it all in and just remember where you parked.
Like I said, some attendees never even watch an auction, that's how much there is to do. (and buy).
Being a bidder you get "10" free drink per day. Here's my pass and punch card from 2015.

Thanks! I'll send you a PM but no worries either. Thank you for the tip and the bidder information is good to know. Can you pass it to a friend? Not yours, but say you bought the bidder pass and gave him your badge for a free drink...

1 week later
#20 7 years ago

This place is the real deal and for the most part the cars are too. There's some shitboxes but they have to have some lower end cars for all budgets. The place is way bigger than I had imagined.

My buddy got a picture with Christy Lee.

IMG_3822 (resized).JPGIMG_3822 (resized).JPG

IMG_3807 (resized).JPGIMG_3807 (resized).JPG

IMG_3824 (resized).JPGIMG_3824 (resized).JPG

IMG_3829 (resized).JPGIMG_3829 (resized).JPG

IMG_3854 (resized).JPGIMG_3854 (resized).JPG

IMG_3849 (resized).JPGIMG_3849 (resized).JPG

IMG_3856 (resized).JPGIMG_3856 (resized).JPG

IMG_3858 (resized).JPGIMG_3858 (resized).JPG

IMG_3859 (resized).JPGIMG_3859 (resized).JPG

IMG_3873 (resized).JPGIMG_3873 (resized).JPG

IMG_3850 (resized).JPGIMG_3850 (resized).JPG

IMG_3871 (resized).JPGIMG_3871 (resized).JPG

IMG_3874 (resized).JPGIMG_3874 (resized).JPG

IMG_3864 (resized).JPGIMG_3864 (resized).JPG

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Did you buy the Manx? Someday I will have a dune buggy.

Not me. I did refrain from getting a bidder's pass which was a good thing. There were some good prices for good cars/trucks.

Chuck was kind enough to offer me a parking pass but we took advantage of our hotel's shuttle service. Parking was plentiful if needed.

#24 7 years ago

It was an awesome trip and there truly is no way that you can see it all. We did our best to get everywhere but with 1700 cars, vendors, and manufacturers there, it's impossible.

We saw many people from shows like Wayne Carini, Chris Jacobs, Bogi (My uncle got a picture with her), and more. I hope to get back there while I still can in the next couple of years.

Some random pics:

IMG_3987 (resized).JPGIMG_3987 (resized).JPG

IMG_4174 (resized).JPGIMG_4174 (resized).JPG

IMG_4339 (resized).JPGIMG_4339 (resized).JPG

IMG_4317 (resized).JPGIMG_4317 (resized).JPG

IMG_4328 (resized).JPGIMG_4328 (resized).JPG

IMG_4242 (resized).JPGIMG_4242 (resized).JPG

IMG_4164 (resized).JPGIMG_4164 (resized).JPG

IMG_4022 (resized).JPGIMG_4022 (resized).JPG

IMG_4343 (resized).JPGIMG_4343 (resized).JPG

IMG_4300 (resized).JPGIMG_4300 (resized).JPG

IMG_4296 (resized).JPGIMG_4296 (resized).JPG

IMG_4253 (resized).JPGIMG_4253 (resized).JPG

IMG_4289 (resized).JPGIMG_4289 (resized).JPG

IMG_4128 (resized).JPGIMG_4128 (resized).JPG

IMG_4067 (resized).JPGIMG_4067 (resized).JPG

IMG_4001 (resized).JPGIMG_4001 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmacy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/barrett-jackson-scottsdale-2017?tu=dmacy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.