Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Arcade
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Since Vid has not done his ulitmate guide to fixing sound boards yet, I guess I will have to ask the general public.

Question for all of you Barracora owners. Does the spinner make more than one type of noise?
Mine does and it drives me crazy.
Sometimes it is a high pitched seperated spinner noise, some times it is very low pitched, and sometimes it is just one long drawl, like someone throwing up. lol. (Think Rudy, spitting out the ball on Funhouse, but in a lower pitch)
I have put in a new sound chip with no help. I have changed out every cap on the sound board with no help.
What would cause this? or is this just normal behavior I am trying to fix?

#2 5 years ago

Anyone...
Bueller.....
Bueller......

#3 5 years ago

Can you post a video so we can compare?

The spinner sound does change when the ball hits the switch at the top of the spinner lane and also when lit for 1K per spin soooo.... yours may be acting normally.

#4 5 years ago

I took a video but don't know how to post it here.
I have it in a dropbox file if someone wants to share their email with me so I can send a link.
Or if there is an easier way, I am all ears.
Thanks.

#5 5 years ago

Upload the video to YouTube and post the link here.

#6 5 years ago

OK. I will give this a try.
Here is the link if it works.
The first four spins of the spinner have the throw up sound and all the ones after that have the mid range spin sound.
I could not make it do the high pitched spin sound during the video, but it sometimes does it on its own.

#7 5 years ago

Thanks for the video that makes it a lot clearer. Definitely something is not right. Is the spinner scoring points correctly?

#8 5 years ago

I will check the points tomorrow.
At least now I know I am not crazy.

3 years later
#9 2 years ago

Must have been one long night 3 years ago. Did you get your sound working on this machine?

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Must have been one long night 3 years ago. Did you get your sound working on this machine?

Yes. But can't remember what fixed it now.
I know that we ended up putting in a rottendog MPU board as the original board had been worked on so much it was really just barely hanging on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
1,800 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Amarillo, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 17.00
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Neenah, WI
$ 799.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside