5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by BRW84
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ACFE0137-FFBB-4F3C-A206-B448DDF33ACE (resized).jpeg

#1 5 years ago

I’ve got a Barracora with a Rottendog MPU that was installed before I bought it. It’s had a strange recurring issue since I bought it, but it’s recently developed a few new issues that I feel certain are related. None of these issues affect gameplay in any meaningful way, so that’s good at least.

Since I bought the machine back in January, it will occasionally omit certain sounds and animations. There are a handful of shots that are supposed to trigger the inset lights to go through a flashing animation: Locking a ball in either of the two ball locks, activating the outlane special and hitting the extra ball target when it’s lit. Sometimes, when you make a shot that’s supposed to trigger the animation, it doesn’t do the animation and it doesn’t make the corresponding sound effect. Like I said, gameplay isn’t affected; you’ll still collect the extra ball, for example, it just won’t play the animation. Whenever the machine starts doing this, it will also have a malfunction with the multiplier inset lights. There are four orange multiplier insets: 2X, 3X, 4X and 5X. Sometimes when you light up the 2X light, the 5X light will also light up and both of them will start flickering. Generally speaking, these issues only manifest after the machine has been on for awhile.

The new issue that has developed just this week is that certain inset lights have started flickering or lighting up very dimly. For example, the inset lights at the bottom of the playfield that indicate the total bonus. I might have, say, 3,000 points bonus, so the 1, 2 and 3 bonus lights will be lit, but the 7 light will also be dimly flickering. There are a few different lights that seem to be affected; the 4 rollover at the top of the playfield also flickers dimly sometimes.

The one other issue I've noticed that pops up at the same time as all of these other issues is that between balls, when the drop targets drop down and then pop back up, they will pop back up noticeably more slowly -- but again, it only happens when the lighting glitches are also happening.

Any ideas on where the problem might lie? Any advice is appreciated!

#2 5 years ago

Aren't the rottendog boards not compatible with system 7?

#3 5 years ago

I'm pretty sure this board is compatible; it's a version 2, if I'm not mistaken. It has "Barracora" printed on the board itself next to the DIP switches, along with the other games it's compatible with.

#4 5 years ago

What's the model number? I don't see any boards on their site that are listed as system 7 compatible, and I know they had to discontinue at least one version due to system 7 issues, but not sure which

#5 5 years ago

I'll check tonight! That would certainly explain these issues.

#6 5 years ago

It's an MPU327-2. I've attached a pic.

ACFE0137-FFBB-4F3C-A206-B448DDF33ACE (resized).jpegACFE0137-FFBB-4F3C-A206-B448DDF33ACE (resized).jpeg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/barracora-light-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.