Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Big_Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Barracora is a Williams System 7 game and I am having a strange problem. Everything works perfectly on the game except one coil.

When the game is in attract mode the lower drop target on the right side keeps firing. This game has a coil on each drop target to raise it. When you enter test mode the coil quits firing and all coils test correctly including the one I am having trouble with.

I unplugged both row and column switch connectors to eliminate a switch issue. I also verified that the U5 PIA output driving the coil transistor circuit was toggling to turn the coil on/off. I replaced U5 PIA but it did not fix the issue. It is like the CPU is telling the PIA to fire the coil.

I guess my next step is to burn some new ROMs.
After that maybe replace the CPU.
Then look for opens/shorts on the CPU/PIA address and data lines even though I do not think this is it since test mode works.

Any help appreciated...
Big Bob

#2 5 years ago

Bump for a good guy

1 week later
#3 5 years ago

Turned out to be the game ROM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Myers, FL
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lodi, WI
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/barracora-coil-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.