Topic Stats

• 315 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by FLASHBALL
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 114 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191006_114022 (resized).jpg
20191005_004037 (resized).jpg
1ED43BE4-93D4-4EEF-B22E-8C18DCA7D001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190825_163439525 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190713_133011900 (resized).jpg
20180421_barra-shop1 (resized).png
20180421_barra-shop4 (resized).png
20180421_barra-shop3 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 11.07.54 PM (resized).png
IMG_20190409_211557_01 (resized).jpg
15546741675311318603488 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190325_184754445 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190322_121033_01 (resized).jpg
20190312_161220 (resized).jpg
20190313_214707 (resized).jpg
20190224_130052 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider singlebanana.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 6 years ago

Just purchased my Barracora a few months ago and now have it up to 100%. I have a very above average playfield and could also use a new glass if the are ever rerun, though mine is pretty good. I really enjoy the game play and the rollover lights that switch in opposite ways, with different flippers, and the fact that you have to have the top lit to light the bottom, really keeps you on your toes and adds a mental aspect to the game that some other titles do not. Big fan of the drop targets and it's a game that really improves your aim. Great loops! What more is there to say?

Really looking forward to LEDing my machine and am curious to see what some of you have done with the backglass.

#20 6 years ago

Though I respect your use of incandescents, I've seen a few backglasses that employ colored LEDs and I really like the look. I do use some retro LEDs in my machines to keep an original appearance, especially in some of the GI, but really like cool frosted white underneath to make the inserts white (I know incandescents give it the original look, but I prefer it to look "cleaner"). I completely agree with LEDs in the blues and greens, and I'd even consider yellow; I've never had a lot of luck with LEDs in red inserts in terms of it really making a difference in color.

Also, just curious as to what some people are using to brighten up their pop bumpers. I'm finding that the yellow opaque caps are tough to light up brightly. It might just be my my pops, since I used plain opaque yellow caps and did a scan on top of them. If anyone has any NOS or repro caps FS, I'd be interested.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Attract Mode!
Does anyone else have any sounds during attract mode? I realize in my BK, it's just voice, and there's no voice in Barracora. I have a Rottendog 327 mpu in there, so I just wanted to make sure I'm getting the expected behavior.
thanks!
-mof

I don't recall any sounds in attract mode.

1 week later
#29 6 years ago

Just throwing this out there, since this is the owner's club, but if someone has an extra set of gently used or new pop bumpers, please send me a PM. Thanks.

1 week later
#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Jokercyclone:

It is a great game for its time, with speech would have been awesome. I do have to explain to new people about locking the third ball lock and getting that ball back if second is not activated, as they think the machine is screwing up. Then of course some think the targets are broke as some will stay down and some don`t. I explain there sequential, for the locks. Some people have a hard time with awesome rules on early games and when they get this game they see how good it is.

I completely agree. The rules on this game are fantastic and I love the sequential drops. I really enjoy games where the multiball is tough to obtain. In so many newer games, it's just too easy. Titles like this one and Firepower really make you work for it. There's something great to be said about that.

1 month later
#36 6 years ago

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I have a Barracorra spinner decal (front) and 1 drop target decal that I am giving away on the Holiday Pay It Forward thread. If anyone needs these, send me a PM. Also have some Police Force decals to give away if anyone has that machine.

EDIT: Spinner decal is GONE. Glad it's going to someone who needed it.

3 weeks later
#41 6 years ago

Do they make that much of a difference mof? I thought about ordering them, but wanted to make sure first.

1 month later
#56 5 years ago

Finally got around to LEDing and finishing up my Barracora last night. Really happy with how it turned out. Big thanks to Comet Pinball for the awesome LEDs and for sending my kids a bitchin' ray-gun:

#59 5 years ago

Those backglass colored bulbs look great!

1 month later
#65 5 years ago

For those of you here still looking for a Barracora, there is one up in NY. Check the marketplace on here.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

That Barracora is in New Albany, IN. It looks great but I've already committed to another pin and can't bring in 2! AAAHHH bad timing!

You are correct sir. Sorry for the misinformation. My eyes saw Albany, and I shot over here quickly to post it. Looks like a fantastic example and price isn't too bad considering condition.

#68 5 years ago

FYI - Also, a nice Barracora listed on Mr. Pinball in Louisville, Kentucky. Was posted on 3/17.

2 weeks later
#71 5 years ago

Yeah, that's a pinball players dream come true. Awesome pics.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greenville, NC
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 17.00
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 799.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider singlebanana.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside