IMG20230110183848 (resized).jpg
0DB655EF-C754-4C83-8B0C-3611DA8F40EA (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220925_204035 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220925_204221 (resized).jpg
16636188152839102451045590553191 (resized).jpg
20220224_155850 (resized).jpg
Young Brooke Shields (resized).jpg
IMG_3263 (resized).JPG
There are 393 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
#201 6 years ago

Soooo.....your buying the one on Mr. Pinball ??

John

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I will be joining the club shortly. Barracora will be joining my Firepower, Cosmic Gunfight, Black Knight, Sorcerer. Getting psyched!

That's an awesome lineup! Still on the hunt for my Barracora.

#203 6 years ago

No I bought the one that was listed here.

#204 6 years ago

Almost forgot a Space Shuttle too

Quoted from pinballholder:

That's an awesome lineup! Still on the hunt for my Barracora.

#205 6 years ago

Still one of the best "undiscovered" games in pinball!!

#206 6 years ago

Sooooo who wants to sell me theirs?

#207 6 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Sooooo who wants to sell me theirs?

Here you go.

Baracorra, 1982 Williams: $7,900.00 or best offer
Overall nice but does have some wear at inserts and backglass had some minor peeling which was sealed.
[email protected], Normalville, Pennsylvania 15469

#209 6 years ago

I got one nearly matching that description (maybe slightly better condition, particularly the BG)

Quoted from Dayhuff:

Overall nice but does have some wear at inserts and backglass had some minor peeling

that my wife would be willing to sell for only $7500.

1 month later
#210 6 years ago

Just for a bit of a thread bump here is a picture of the apron from the Barracora project I'm cleaning up.
Before and after shots, gee I wish people wouldn't put stickers on the apron.

But, for interest sake it looks to me like some artwork was left off where the purple arrow points?

Barracora_apron (resized).jpgBarracora_apron (resized).jpg

#211 6 years ago

Looking for a Barracora... Anyone have one for sale?

#212 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Here you go.
Overall nice but does have some wear at inserts and backglass had some minor peeling which was sealed.
[email protected], Normalville, Pennsylvania 15469

Ummmm txs? Lol

I'll keep looking

1 week later
#213 6 years ago

Barracora for sale right now on Mr Pinball (not mine) for $2k. Somebody nab it!

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Barracora for sale right now on Mr Pinball (not mine) for $2k. Somebody nab it!

Yeah, its this one: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/50888

4 months later
#215 6 years ago

Joined the club! What a great game! After collecting modern machines for the last couple years, I got a bit of an itch for an 80’s machine. I bought this from a great Pinsider @berzerk. Couldn’t be happier with the gameplay and the neat rules. Definitely a nice change up from the modern machines.

63A30485-926D-478F-86DB-8D5DEDBDA810 (resized).jpeg63A30485-926D-478F-86DB-8D5DEDBDA810 (resized).jpeg
FB2C62B8-3DCB-4B9E-A340-DAF9D8447D38 (resized).jpegFB2C62B8-3DCB-4B9E-A340-DAF9D8447D38 (resized).jpeg

#216 6 years ago

Congrats and looks like a nice example!

#217 6 years ago

Wow that's pretty! Congrats! Sometimes I miss Barracora

#218 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Congrats and looks like a nice example!

Quoted from Crispin:

Thanks! Pretty stoked.

#219 6 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

I agree, Nice looking Barracora! Crispin, I still have the one I bought from you. She's still playin' great!

LED tip: Use pink (yes, pink) leds under the inserts of the target bonus center ladder, they will give a warmer orange color.

#220 6 years ago

Spinner decal question.

So I'm finishing up the rebuild of a project Barracora and purchased spinner decals. Both decals are identical, which is a bit unusual as you often get an animation effect by having differing images. My question is which way were they placed? Can someone have a look at their game and tell me.

There's two options;
- one places the decals so that from the players view as it spins the fish stays the right way up (you put the reverse side decal upside down to achieve this).
- the other way has the players view as it spins the fish swaps left to right directions and swaps upside down

The picture below shows what the two options would show to the player as yhey watch the spinner go around.

Any comments welcome - thanks.

barra_spiner (resized).jpgbarra_spiner (resized).jpg

#221 6 years ago
Quoted from tmick73:

Joined the club! What a great game! After collecting modern machines for the last couple years, I got a bit of an itch for an 80’s machine. I bought this from a great Pinsider berzerk. Couldn’t be happier with the gameplay and the neat rules. Definitely a nice change up from the modern machines.

Nice.
Where did the plastics come from on the front of the coin door?
Looks awesome with the eyes and free play.

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from SYS6:

Spinner decal question.
So I'm finishing up the rebuild of a project Barracora and purchased spinner decals. Both decals are identical, which is a bit unusual as you often get an animation effect by having differing images. My question is which way were they placed? Can someone have a look at their game and tell me.
There's two options;
- one places the decals so that from the players view as it spins the fish stays the right way up (you put the reverse side decal upside down to achieve this).
- the other way has the players view as it spins the fish swaps left to right directions and swaps upside down
The picture below shows what the two options would show to the player as yhey watch the spinner go around.

The reverse side spinner decal is upside down on my machine. The same as described in your first option.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Nice.
Where did the plastics come from on the front of the coin door?
Looks awesome with the eyes and free play.

Thanks! I really like how they look. They were installed when I bought the machine. I believe the previous owner said they came with the CPR plastic set. I think the set also came with this topper...

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#224 6 years ago
Quoted from SYS6:

I believe the second image is deferent and that it is to be a mask out of the first image.
But it was printed upside down. So the effect would have been the fish face strobing off and on.

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

I believe the second image is deferent and that it is to be a mask out of the first image.
But it was printed upside down. So the effect would have been the fish face strobing off and on.

Thanks - that's interesting and makes sense but the repo decals I have (complete with licensed laser effect sticker) are both identical as seen in my picture a few posts earlier.

#226 6 years ago
Quoted from SYS6:

complete with licensed laser effect sticker

Yea, at times it is a joke. Nobody really cares about accuracy.

#227 6 years ago
Quoted from SYS6:

both identical as seen in my picture

Note: take a black Sharpy and mask out one decal.
Place the first decal in its normal position.
Next place the masked out decal on the back side BUT, place it so the two images are lined up
and NOT have the back decal upside down and facing backward.
Then place new spinner in the spinner bracket and give it a twirl.
See if the image flicker flashes off and on.
Note: you are only filling in the fish head.

2 months later
#228 6 years ago

If you have not done so, PLEASE go sign up on CPR for the playfield! This one really needs to happen!

1 month later
#229 6 years ago

Gang, last night Stu posted on FB that we need 30 more people to sign up if we want this playfield to reach production, so spread the word...commit to buy 2 (and then make good on that commitment), let's do what it takes to make this happen!

Screenshot_20180329-091845 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180329-091845 (resized).png

#230 6 years ago

Hell yes! PLEASE make this happen folks!

Please also spread it out to other social media so we can hit that number soon. I know there are enough barracora owners and many need a pf to return this great game to glory!

#231 6 years ago

For all of you unaware...repro backglasses are now available. As full blown install ready edition, or colors slightly off - dramatically marked down wall art edition! Please support CPR's efforts to make our Barracoras beautiful again!

http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-backglass.html

http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo210b.html

glas-bara001 (resized).jpgglas-bara001 (resized).jpg

#232 6 years ago

YES!!

#233 6 years ago

To me the colors of the glass look a bit off, the reds and the flesh tones I think.....but it's hard to tell sometimes until you see it in person.

John

#234 6 years ago

Just voted for CPR to make Barracora PF. 29 more to go i guess. I have a used one that with touch up and clear could be nice for sale .

2 weeks later
#235 6 years ago

I am in the process of shopping my Barracora that I've had for 3+ years.

Last summer, Andre M. put a mega-high GC on there of 21million?, and with all the free balls possible in the game, I realize I need to change a few settings...

I just put up a 8-million score the other day, and it was really too long of a game -- maybe 20 minutes. While I'm still improving year to year, and I was in the zone -- I do want to keep the ball times down. (And reset that GC !)

Questions:

What settings do you like to tweak to make the game a bit more challenging?

I see the outlane posts have 4 settings, I just moved mine up a notch. That's helping shorten ball times already...

I haven't tried removing a one-way gate yet to see the effects. Look forward to sampling that.

What about settings -- has anyone played around with any?

Any other tweaks?

-mof

#236 6 years ago

Need some help guys. I joined the club yesterday. I have one wire off a switch stack at the flippers. I'm not sure where it goes. See attached pick. If you lift
the playfield up, the wire is green/black stripe and comes off the center stack. Can someone take a pick where the opposite end of this wire attaches to? I
circled the terminal where the wire is hooked up. Thanks

flipper (resized).PNGflipper (resized).PNG

2 weeks later
#237 5 years ago

Picked up a great looking Barracora this weekend. Backglass is perfect and the cab is about 9/10. Playfield has a little planking but not much wear.

Anyway...I am having an issue with the 1-6 lights and the specials. Obviously a yellow-orange wire issue but I am not seeing anything obvious. I get a voltage across the sockets similar to other sockets. Is there another way to check this? Are there any typical places to find issues with these games?

Thanks

John

IMG_20180506_111852 (resized).jpgIMG_20180506_111852 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#238 5 years ago

Anyone got the cabinet and bandbox scanned? Please send me a message.

27835948_10155946481162570_1249184886_o (resized).jpg27835948_10155946481162570_1249184886_o (resized).jpg

#239 5 years ago
Quoted from holm:

Anyone got the cabinet and bandbox scanned? Please send me a message.

http://pinballpimpstencils.com/?page_id=4461

All you need.

#241 5 years ago

Anyone have 1 original pop bumper cover that they would be willing to sell? I have one that is chipped that I would like to replace if possible.

Thanks

John

#242 5 years ago

Added LEDs yesterday and there is some pretty significant ghosting. These were just stanard LEDs not the non-ghosting variety. Anyone else have issues?

Any way to resolve this on older machines? I know they have LEDOCD for newer machines and altek boards for older Ballys. Anything similar for old Williams machines?

Thanks

#243 5 years ago

Quick rules question: What are the best shots to take while in multi-ball? I don't see 3x-scoring inserts on the playfield -- is there any scoring benefit to being in multi-ball mode?

mof

#244 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Quick rules question: What are the best shots to take while in multi-ball? I don't see 3x-scoring inserts on the playfield -- is there any scoring benefit to being in multi-ball mode?
mof

Just watching Bowen's tutorial on it, and he says to "use the opportunity to cash out as many letters in ACORA and BAR as possible, aim for the dangerous stuff and either light more locks, get more multipliers, or get more bonus."

Multiball starts at around 5:20 in video below:

#245 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I don't see 3x-scoring inserts on the playfield -- is there any scoring benefit to being in multi-ball mode?

Should be double scoring with 2-ball and triple while in 3-ball. The home rom version supposedly changes that to 3x and 5x respectively to make it worth the hassle of obtaining 3 ball MB. The other player's displays should show a 2 or 3 when in MB.

#246 5 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

other player's displays

ok good point - so it's not always done with an insert.

#247 5 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Should be double scoring with 2-ball and triple while in 3-ball. The home rom version supposedly changes that to 3x and 5x respectively to make it worth the hassle of obtaining 3 ball MB. The other player's displays should show a 2 or 3 when in MB.

sorry, maybe a dumb question...

where can I get the home ROMs?

#248 5 years ago

ah no thanks - already put lightning flippers on to calm the scores down on this game.
-mof

#249 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

The scoring of the lower saucer and the upper right standup target (lane awards) are multiplied by the number of balls in play. I try to light the 40K on the right target, then get 3 ball multiball, making the target worth 120K per hit!

Found this earlier in this thread...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/barracora-club-members-only/page/4#post-3169003

#250 5 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Stock roms have no multiplier. Home rom version has the 2X/3X for multiball play (2 balls/3 balls).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lodi, WI
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Myers, FL
$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 393 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/barracora-club-members-only/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.