IMG20230110183848 (resized).jpg
0DB655EF-C754-4C83-8B0C-3611DA8F40EA (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220925_204035 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220925_204221 (resized).jpg
16636188152839102451045590553191 (resized).jpg
20220224_155850 (resized).jpg
Young Brooke Shields (resized).jpg
IMG_3263 (resized).JPG
There are 393 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
#152 8 years ago

I want in! Anyone ready to jump out? PM me

#154 8 years ago

It's a real shame that the black ink always seems to separate on Barracora backglasses. IIRC my old Cosmic Gunfight had a similar affliction.

3 weeks later
#155 8 years ago

Hey guys, the mylar around the pop bumpers on my Barracora is pretty gross but I don't want to remove it if I'm in danger of pulling up paint. Does this game respond well to the freeze method, or should I leave well enough alone?

#156 8 years ago

Can anyone send me a high res scan of a Barracora backglass? PM me!

#157 8 years ago

If anyone in the club could post a photo of the bottom right side of their power board, I would really appreciate it.
I am trying to get the correct wires put back into molex plugs for when my new power board arrives.
I have a thread in the tech section about it and I have learned that the two large yellow wires go on the far right in the large plug.
But I am not 100% on the 9 pin and 2 pin shown in this photo.
Thanks.

IMG_1771_(resized).JPGIMG_1771_(resized).JPG

#159 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

If anyone in the club could post a photo of the bottom right side of their power board, I would really appreciate it.
I am trying to get the correct wires put back into molex plugs for when my new power board arrives.
I have a thread in the tech section about it and I have learned that the two large yellow wires go on the far right in the large plug.
But I am not 100% on the 9 pin and 2 pin shown in this photo.
Thanks.

Looks like your GI is just twisted together and taped into a "circuit" which you could keep that way even with a new power supply board if you wanted. The thicker yellow wire(s) is/are the GI input and go into a connector that is missing from your board. It should be under the relay. Your empty 9 pin connector (4 + plug + 4) is the output for GI (the right 4 pins have seen some heat and is where the other wires in the GI "bundle" were connected).

#160 8 years ago

Thanks. What goes on the 2 pin on the left?
Here is a photo of the fuse block someone added as well.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Thanks. What goes on the 2 pin on the left?

I believe that is empty on Barracora. I think it powers a relay in some system 7 games (Defender comes to mind). My Barracora is on location and I can't get to it to check

#163 8 years ago

I'm rebuilding a Barracora and ask if anyone can tell me if there is a connection between the top left eject hole opening mechanism and the left orbit Barracora loop exit gate. The picture below shows the area and it looks like maybe something should activate the non return gate on the orbit exit. Or maybe they just used a gate wire with the hook end and nothing goes into it so the orbit exit gate is always one way?

Thanks for any help.

IMG_4201b_(resized).JPGIMG_4201b_(resized).JPG

#164 8 years ago
Quoted from SYS6:

if there is a connection between the top left eject hole opening mechanism and the left orbit Barracora loop exit gate. The picture below shows the area and it looks like maybe something should activate the non return gate on the orbit exit. Or maybe they just used a gate wire with the hook end and nothing goes into it so the orbit exit gate is always one way?

That top eject/lock hole is activated by the switch in the shooter lane, it closes so that shot can't be made at the start of the ball, so that you can't plunge the ball into the top lock. So that top gate your pic is referring to has nothing to do with that saucer hole.

Yeah Joe is correct there is nothing on the 2 pin connector... Here are some pics of mine.

P1010001_(resized).JPGP1010001_(resized).JPG
P1010004_(resized).JPGP1010004_(resized).JPG
P1010005_(resized).JPGP1010005_(resized).JPG

Phoebe

#165 8 years ago

Those pictures are awesome.
Shows everything I need.
Thanks.

#166 8 years ago

Seriously, no one has a high res scan of the backglass? Anyone willing to scan theirs to help out all the peeps who don't have one? PM me. Heck, I'd even pay $20 for your time and the file!

1 month later
#167 7 years ago

After having my Barracora up and going for about a month now, I feel I can confidently say that Barracora may be the last "hidden gem" of a game that the larger pinball community doesn't know about! Seriously, this game is 10x better than any SoF, Centaur, TX Sector, etc... Amazing game.

#168 7 years ago

I knew it was a great game when I first played it back in 1984

#169 7 years ago

I just joined the club and like Seshpilot said, this game is a hidden gem!

1 week later
#170 7 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Seriously, no one has a high res scan of the backglass?

bgresto.com now has this BG on file, for sale.

http://bgresto.com/?p=1418

#171 7 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Barracora may be the last "hidden gem" of a game

My main complaint about the game rules,
is that the spinner only stays lit for about 9 seconds
and it is not operator adjustable on the mpu.

#172 7 years ago

I bought a Barracora a few days ago.
I am so happy with it !!
Fantastic rulesheet !!

#173 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

My main complaint about the game rules,
is that the spinner only stays lit for about 9 seconds
and it is not operator adjustable on the mpu.

I like that feature

My only complaint would be that Multi-ball needs some sort of jackpot/incentive otherwise it's not really worth going for.

I don't know of any other games that used the dual action lane change feature - are there any? Mustang looks like it's similar but I've been unable to figure out exactly.

#174 7 years ago
Quoted from woz:

My only complaint would be that Multi-ball needs some sort of jackpot/incentive otherwise it's not really worth going for.

That's not true.
During multiball the left saucer (30/60/90k) and the right target (20/40k) is 2x or 3x.
So if you raise the target value to 40k and start a 3 ball multiball, you can hit that one taget for 120k over and over again !!!
Also the rollovers ar also 2x 3x during multiball.

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from woz:

I don't know of any other games that used the dual action lane change feature - are there any?

Cosmic Gunfight has two sets of roll overs (X, Y on left flip) and (1, 2, 3 on right flip) for lane change and another target bank (A, B, C on both) that changes on flipper buttons.

1 week later
#176 7 years ago

Dumb question but once you get multiball, what do you guys recommend shooting for? Not sure what to do with multiball for the most points.

#177 7 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Dumb question but once you get multiball, what do you guys recommend shooting for? Not sure what to do with multiball for the most points.

During multiball the left saucer (30/60/90k) and the right target (20/40k) is 2x or 3x. Also the top rollover lanes.
I raise the target to 40k and start a 3 ball multiball. then I hit the taget over and over for 120k
You can also raise your bonus by shooting the loops for 2x 3x rollovers.
Also try to riase the saucer to 90k and then collect 270k in that saucer !!!

#178 7 years ago

Thanks!

2 months later
#179 7 years ago

I joined the club today. Thanks to Xerico for selling me his player-grade gem. I'm super excited to get into the minor fixes it needs. This machine is great.

#180 7 years ago

Can someone take a photo of the bottom pop bumper? My concern is that my coil roasted, and when I pulled the entire assembly, the bumper skirt was stuck under the wire ball guide next to the triangle island in the middle of the playfield.

When I reassemble and reinstall the pop bumper, I need to know if the skirt is supposed to sit below the wire guide (it looks like a giant staple in the playfield), or if it sits above the guide.

Thanks in advance!

3 weeks later
#181 7 years ago

Bought some decals for my replacement pop bumper caps. Caps are red with yellow LEDs. They look orange when the power is on.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#182 7 years ago

Anyone sitting on an extra yellow Barracora pop cap?
-mof

#183 7 years ago

Where did those pop cap decals come from?

4 months later
#184 7 years ago

finally got to my barracora project i bought 2 years ago. i have it booting and playing with a couple issues.

1) in switch test all switches work fine. during game play, the locks will be lit, when you lock the balls (in 2 ball play or 3 ball play) when i plunge the other ball, most of the time it will not release the balls in locks. it will show "2" or "3" on the displays preparing for multiball play though. if i drain the single ball in play, it WILL kick out any locked ball. the saucers kick out the balls instantly in one ball play at any time a ball drops in them. the switches for both saucers work fine every time in single ball play, no issues and switches work fine in test as well. it only acts this way during multiball. one in a while it will kick the balls out from the saucer for multiball, but its rare.

2) sometimes the gate that lifts up and allows the ball to enter and collect bonus in the upper saucer or lock a ball there, will not raise. once again, in test it raises every time.

2 weeks later
#186 7 years ago

Has anyone bought the repro Jet caps on ebay from classic arcades? Thoughts on them?

#187 7 years ago

Anyone in WA or BC want to let one go?

#188 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Anyone in WA or BC want to let one go?

Is that your ad on the Vancouver CL? You have very good taste in pinball Good luck with your search as Barracora is IMHO the best System 7 game!!

#189 7 years ago

Just dragging the waters. Doubt there's any local other than yours but maybe one in WA will pop up. Not easy to find I suspect though.

1 week later
#190 7 years ago

Now available:

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-BAR-PBX3&Store_Code=PP

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-03-7444-502X3&Store_Code=PP

also if anyone has good unfaded caps that you can send me some color of the blue (PMS color?) we have the decals and caps done, but can always update the center decal to get the color better - the color that we have is what we believe to be right. If you can help, please email me [email protected] ... thx.

#191 7 years ago

Looking for an unused Barracora Stencil set.
Please PM me. Thank you.

#192 7 years ago

Every time I see a bunch of new posts in this thread I think new playfields are ready. lol

3 weeks later
#193 7 years ago

A custom of a custom started with materials from metal-mods.

barracora complete 007 (resized).JPGbarracora complete 007 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#194 7 years ago

PAPA tuturoial with Bowen Kerins is now on youtube

#195 7 years ago

Just wondering how much one of these goes for in halfway decent shape, especially decent playfield.

#196 7 years ago

$2000 is an easy number. The eBay one a few months ago sold for cheap because my internet crapped out at the end.

#197 7 years ago

What do you think about one with new plastics, and a NOS touched/cleared by Kruzman playfield installed? 9.9 backglass and a pretty decent cabinet too.

John

1 week later
#198 7 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

What do you think about one with new plastics, and a NOS touched/cleared by Kruzman playfield installed? 9.9 backglass and a pretty decent cabinet too.
John

How much?

2 weeks later
#199 6 years ago

Holy crap !! I'm assuming the one on Mr. Pinball this morning was a typo but if it sells I'm getting out of the hobby and my Barracora will be the first to go......LOL.

John

#200 6 years ago

I will be joining the club shortly. Barracora will be joining my Firepower, Cosmic Gunfight, Black Knight, Sorcerer. Getting psyched!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lodi, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Tools
Pincoder Store

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Myers, FL
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 393 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/barracora-club-members-only/page/4?hl=pappyfromjersey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.