IMG20230110183848 (resized).jpg
0DB655EF-C754-4C83-8B0C-3611DA8F40EA (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220925_204035 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220925_204221 (resized).jpg
16636188152839102451045590553191 (resized).jpg
20220224_155850 (resized).jpg
Young Brooke Shields (resized).jpg
IMG_3263 (resized).JPG
There are 393 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
#101 9 years ago

Not a real big post here but I hate to see this thread lag in the depths of Pinside.
Finally got around to repainting the inside of my cabinet as well as the front part of the backbox.
Horrible photo, but it is the only one I took.
It looks fantastic in person.

IMG_1245.JPGIMG_1245.JPG
#102 9 years ago

Hello Folks,

Just started working on my Baracorra. Recaped the power supply and sound board and was checking fuses (of course there were several incorrect fuses installed!) The only two fuses that I cannot determine the value required are the two on the sound board. There were two 4 amp slow blow but that doesn't mean anything. I checked my documentation and can't find the required value. Can anyone advise? Thanks.

Al

1 week later
#103 9 years ago

Charleston. Sorry, just saw your post above. If you still need the values I can check when I get home later.

Question for all of you Barracora owners. Does the spinner make more than one type of noise?
Mine does and it drives me crazy.
Sometimes it is a high pitched seperated spinner noise, some times it is very low pitched, and sometimes it is just one long drawl, like someone throwing up. lol.
I have put in a new sound chip with no help. I have changed out every cap on the sound board with no help.
What would cause this? or is this just normal behavior I am trying to fix?

#104 9 years ago

Bump for any ideas before I start a separate tech thread.

2 weeks later
#105 9 years ago

Finally able to join the club! I picked up a project from a very nice guy named Fred in Kansas and worked has finally slowed down so I can spend some time with her. Fred disclosed the cpu board and driver boards were going to need some work and that he needed to replace the displays. There was a bunch of corroded parts and burns on the boards so I picked up 2 used ones for $20 each. Now the game powers on with all the GI and inserts working in attract mode. The diagnostic on the cpu reads 0 and disappears as it should but all displays are out. The sounds work if I press the test button on the sound card. This is my first system 7 game so please be gentle with the noob. I don't see a test point on the main display board that the displays plug into. Could someone point me in the right direction on how to determine if my displays need to be replaced or aren't getting power.I can't run the game diagnostics without the displays. Also I have 2 wires that come from the harness labeled "D" on the power supply board that aren't attached to anything. I also don't have a 10Amp SB fuse in F4 for the flippers.Someone has put NU I'm guessing for not used across the fuse space but I see in the manual it's required. Since I can't start a game or add credits I can't check the flippers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.20140519_143429.jpg20140519_143429.jpg20140519_215023.jpg20140519_215023.jpg20140524_102325.jpg20140524_102325.jpg

#106 9 years ago

Did some reading on pinwiki and found that the .25 amp fuse that is associated with the displays is burnt. Both radio shacks and 2auto supply stores later to find that no one carries smaller than 1 amp around here. While waiting for the fuse to come in I'll see if I can find a shorted chip on the display driver that usually is the culprit. Anyone have an idea where the 2 unconnected wires that come from that harness marked "D" should be going to?

#107 9 years ago

The two wires look like they should go to the connector in the bottom right corner "GI In". The GI fuse has been replaced by a yellow wire link - that needs to be fixed! Replace the wire with a good quality fuse holder.

FYI Flipper Fuse F4 is installed in my game.

What's the deal with the cabinet?

#108 9 years ago

I was wondering the same thing about the cabinet. Then I noticed it is crated. I'm pretty sure that is shipping crate that is custom built to hold the body and head. Let me know if I'm wrong

#109 9 years ago

The cabinet is a 7.5 There are nicks and scratches and some areas that were touched up. Instead of trying to fix the GI area and the upper left hand side of the power supply board,(which someone already sloppily worked on,) I'm buying a new board.

#110 9 years ago

Yes King, Fred custom built a crate around the pin for safe shipping.

1 week later
#111 9 years ago

I'm starting a new thread about some questions I still have trying to get her up and running. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

I'm starting a new thread about some questions I still have trying to get her up and running. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks

awesome -- link back to it here, so we can find it easier.
-mof

#114 9 years ago

Thanks Arcade

#115 9 years ago

Thanks to a Cosmic Gunfight, which was a gift for me... I shot a Barracora on ebay for about 460 €.
Actually I went only for Bally and Stern early solid states, but I am happy with those two Williams gems.

Overall condition is really okay, backglass is super! The only thing I am wondering, why my bumpercaps are white...
They look original (at least to me). It is not a big thing, but still... would be nice to have an idea why...

bc (Medium).JPGbc (Medium).JPG

#116 9 years ago

No idea on those caps, but that playfield looks sweet.
Lets see some pics of the rest of it.

#117 9 years ago

There we go

very nice backglassvery nice backglass

minor wears at some bonus inserts... hopefully the decals right before the slings were for protection, we will seeminor wears at some bonus inserts... hopefully the decals right before the slings were for protection, we will see

cabinet is also okaycabinet is also okay

so is the front incl. the coin doorso is the front incl. the coin door

and... look at the documents included - a dream! even the schematics and the checklist were translated in those days!and... look at the documents included - a dream! even the schematics and the checklist were translated in those days!

#118 9 years ago

Awesome. Thanks for the picks.
Love the Deutsche Mark on the coin door.

1 week later
#119 9 years ago
Quoted from frg:

Thanks to a Cosmic Gunfight, which was a gift for me... I shot a Barracora on ebay for about 460 €.
Actually I went only for Bally and Stern early solid states, but I am happy with those two Williams gems.
Overall condition is really okay, backglass is super! The only thing I am wondering, why my bumpercaps are white...
They look original (at least to me). It is not a big thing, but still... would be nice to have an idea why...

bc (Medium).JPG 109 KB

I don't know but I do know that two of them are upside down lol

2 weeks later
#120 9 years ago
Quoted from frg:

Those aren't original. The original ones are yellow and the scroll work on the outside of the center cap is engraved into the plastic not printed on top BUUUUUT..... who the F!%# cares that playfield and backglass are in amazing shape!!!! What a score!!! Congrats!!

#121 9 years ago

I'm pretty certain I have seen white bumper caps on Barracora as well as yellow so they may well be factory originals.

1 month later
#122 9 years ago

Check out the white bumper caps on this game:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/barracora-pics

#123 9 years ago

ditto on what woz said ... I've seen both yellow (more times) and white on Barracora's. Any idea if PPP intends to create more of the caps ?

4 months later
#124 9 years ago

Just redid the stencils on mine, did a color change and had to make new plastics as well, It started as a $300 projectbarracuda 001.JPGbarracuda 001.JPGbarracuda 001.JPGbarracuda 001.JPG

barracora pf and stencils 005.JPGbarracora pf and stencils 005.JPG
#125 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballOrphanage:

Just redid the stencils on mine, did a color change and had to make new plastics as well, It started as a $300 project

Looks good
Please tell us more - what led you down this color path?
-mof

3 weeks later
#126 9 years ago

Was looking to use purple chrome on a project, the playfield, plastics, and box were all in need of help, so I scanned the playfield, and plastics. Had both computer redrawn using purple instead of blue, did all the stainless, posts, flippers and pop cap bumpers in purple as well. Basically just for fun. It's about a week from complete including led posts, flippers and a etched topper.

#127 9 years ago

Hi guys -- I'm new to the party here. I recently scored a fantastic Barracora, but it has a small list of things that need fixing before it's fully operational. (Two target solenoids and sound, mostly.) For looks, the playfield and most artwork is in reasonably good shape for it's age. But...it's missing the backglass!

Reading another thread, it looks like I missed the opportunity for a reproduction backglass by roughly a year. I can't find any available elsewhere. I'm betting it'll be a while before there's another run of these. If anyone knows of a source, I'm all ears!

In the meantime, I have some plexiglass and a local printshop that is willing to print that size of photo for a temporary solution. But, a decent resolution photo doesn't seem to exist. If someone has a good camera, good front-lighting, and a nice backglass, I'd very much appreciate a clear high-resolution photo!

#128 9 years ago

I don't think a repro backglass has been done yet. I do recall Stu at CPR looking for a Barracora bg to scan (and I believe he found one). Hopefully there is a repro in the works as mine is a bit funky in the blacks.

#129 9 years ago

Yep. artwork is Done, just waiting on B/W Licensing......

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Yep. artwork is Done, just waiting on B/W Licensing......

Playfields?
We can dream, right?

#131 9 years ago

dreaming is good

#132 9 years ago

I wish I'd scanned my NOS Playfield before I installed it That was back in the early days of CPR.

Here's a pic of my Barracora pf (just cc'd) and my friends CPR Centaur pf back in 2006.

060916_3227.JPG060916_3227.JPG

#133 9 years ago

I just had an artist redraw this one for a custom I'm doingbarracora test.jpgbarracora test.jpg

3 months later
#134 8 years ago

picked this up from a neighbor yesterday

unnamed (3).jpgunnamed (3).jpg
unnamed (2).jpgunnamed (2).jpg
unnamed (1).jpgunnamed (1).jpg

2 months later
#135 8 years ago

Yeah, when it comes time to do my cabinet (next year?), it will NOT be in the standard color set: white/blue on black. Very few SS pins LEAD with white as a strong accent color. I think the white is a poor color choice from Williams. I'm thinking yellow/blue/green (maybe purple or black) are the best 5 to roll with here. Will be nice to try out some examples in photoshop and come up with a good combo. Even purple as the background would be fun. 5 colors in 3 locations would be 5 * 4 * 3, right? 60 possible combinations to review, yikes!...

I have a yellow cabinet: Taxi
I have an orange cabinet: Nine Ball
I have a blue cabinet: Black Hole
I have a few light blue ones: Fathom/Seawitch
I don't have a green one, and I most certainly do NOT have a purple one... Hmmm...
Dark Purple... with yellow, and...? green?
or perhaps Safer with medium purple and yellow on black.
yellow/blue on black is certainly the safest.

Has anyone used the TP Barracora stencils, and how did they manage? (I'm pretty sure that's what I have in the closet)
-mof

4 weeks later
#136 8 years ago

Finally started to tear mine down today.. Still haven't played it yet... Finally came up in queue of things to do... Vacuumed out inside, LED the controlled inserts, and the started to tear down PF...

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

2 weeks later
#137 8 years ago

Making progress ... Back together ... Now the TLC and bulletproofing...

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#138 8 years ago

Finally got to play a few games on her!!! Barracora really rips! Awesome rules / scoring!!

Had never played before! Glad I bought her!!!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#140 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Yikes on the price...
ebay.com link » Barracora Pinball Machine Backglass Williams 1981 Original Unused New Old Stock

Lol... Saw that too

#141 8 years ago

Not in the club yet, but played this for the first time today. What an awesome game! I really need to find one of these someday. Once I learned the rules, I couldn't stop playing. Would love to have one next to my Firepower.

1 month later
#142 8 years ago

Hi guys! Looking for a Barracora playfield. Restorable condition if possible, but I'll consider anything at this point. Anyone have a spare lying around? Thanks for the help.

#143 8 years ago

I'd had paid $500 for that glass had I seen it first......ugh !! I just hope now that if someone does repo this glass that they do it right with the silk screening and all. Same goes for the playfield as I need one of those too. I can't put down money on junk repo's no matter how bad I need one.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

2 months later
#144 8 years ago

Have come across a Barracora project that needs a few things but haven't been able to source plastics or bumper caps. Looking for top left plastics as in picture and pop bumper caps if anyone has any for sale thanks.
Also how do I join the club?

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#145 8 years ago

Gang:

CPR appears to have a new wish list for boutique runs where the art is already in house. One of the playfields you can vote for production is...BARRACORA!

Please make sure you cast your vote so we can get this title in the queue.

Note, CPR makes it clear that there are no guarantees these will be produced, but want to measure interest. Enough interest = probable production.

Go to the following link and scroll to the bottom of the page: http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html

Do it!

#147 8 years ago

Hopefully they will produce the backglass as well. Mine's pretty badly flaked.

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from fuko:

Hopefully they will produce the backglass as well. Mine's pretty badly flaked.

I sent them mine to scan, so it must be in the pipeline at some point.
-mof

#149 8 years ago

Such a great game....I'm on the request for a playfield and could use a backglass!

#150 8 years ago

Don't need a playfield but I would love a new Barracora backglass!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Myers, FL
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lodi, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 393 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/barracora-club-members-only/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.