Topic Stats

• 315 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 61 days ago by FLASHBALL
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 114 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191006_114022 (resized).jpg
20191005_004037 (resized).jpg
1ED43BE4-93D4-4EEF-B22E-8C18DCA7D001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190825_163439525 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190713_133011900 (resized).jpg
20180421_barra-shop1 (resized).png
20180421_barra-shop4 (resized).png
20180421_barra-shop3 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 11.07.54 PM (resized).png
IMG_20190409_211557_01 (resized).jpg
15546741675311318603488 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190325_184754445 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190322_121033_01 (resized).jpg
20190312_161220 (resized).jpg
20190313_214707 (resized).jpg
20190224_130052 (resized).jpg

There are 315 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 5 years ago

Mine is coming this week. Cant wait to get it!! I have somebodys list somewhere that has a Perfect BG for sale for around 700-800.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainFantastic:

Mine is coming this week. Cant wait to get it!! I have somebodys list somewhere that has a Perfect BG for sale for around 700-800.

Yeah I seen that too. That amount is so off the charts I didn't even bother making him a "reasonable" offer. Anyone else?

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

1 week later
#53 5 years ago

Does any one have a playfield scan for this machine. I found a Barracora machine this summer, but the playfield is in terrible shape. I would like to resurrect her. Please let me know what you have.

Thank you
Steve

#54 5 years ago

I really wish I'd scanned my NOS playfield when I got it several years ago... CPR had only just done Centaur at the time so it was early days in the playfield repro market. LMK if you need a pics.

#55 5 years ago

Picked up a one today without a backglass so if anyone has one, I will be at te Akron show on Sat.

#56 5 years ago

Finally got around to LEDing and finishing up my Barracora last night. Really happy with how it turned out. Big thanks to Comet Pinball for the awesome LEDs and for sending my kids a bitchin' ray-gun:

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from singlebanana:

Finally got around to LEDing and finishing up my Barracora last night. Really happy with how it turned out. Big thanks to Comet Pinball for the awesome LEDs and for sending my kids a bitchin' ray-gun:
ยป YouTube video

Very nice !

I'm actually going the other direction with mine. I'm fighting PF insert glare AND backglass glare on mine. I think the bonus lights are in a very poor spot on the PF, design-wise -- too close to the flippers. They blind my flipper-vision play, I'm going to drop 47's in there... I'm lucky enough that my Barracora has unfaded inserts that I can get away with using stock 44's in the whole game and still get good color pops. =)

-mof

#58 5 years ago

When do I get my jacket?

image-648.jpg image-906.jpg
#59 5 years ago

Those backglass colored bulbs look great!

#60 5 years ago

The purple Barracora text looks good but I don't like it around the eyes.

#61 5 years ago

The eyes are color changers

#62 5 years ago

Hey check out my Barracora with lightning flippers vid. Don't forget to donate to the one of the guys originally responsible for this club, Barry Oursler ok?

#63 5 years ago

Epic game. Solid skills.
I noticed your 1-2-3 lanes allow for pops to score the points, I wish I had mine adjusted like that
I noticed your L inlane allows for moonwalking but not the R inlane. I'd match those up to one style or the other
-mof

4 weeks later
#64 5 years ago

Here is Roger Sharpe and Steve Epstein signing my game at IFPA7
One of my favorite WMS.

ifpa7 022.jpg ifpa7 024-312.jpg
1 week later
#65 5 years ago

For those of you here still looking for a Barracora, there is one up in NY. Check the marketplace on here.

#66 5 years ago

That Barracora is in New Albany, IN. It looks great but I've already committed to another pin and can't bring in 2! AAAHHH bad timing!

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

That Barracora is in New Albany, IN. It looks great but I've already committed to another pin and can't bring in 2! AAAHHH bad timing!

You are correct sir. Sorry for the misinformation. My eyes saw Albany, and I shot over here quickly to post it. Looks like a fantastic example and price isn't too bad considering condition.

#68 5 years ago

FYI - Also, a nice Barracora listed on Mr. Pinball in Louisville, Kentucky. Was posted on 3/17.

2 weeks later
#69 5 years ago

I took my Barracora to the Texas Pinball Festival last weekend. I was fortunate enough to meet and spend some time with Roger Sharpe. He autographed my backglass, posed with me and the game and then he just had to play it.
20140329_182129.jpg
20140329_182103.jpg

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from SchertzPinball:

I took my Barracora to the Texas Pinball Festival last weekend. I was fortunate enough to meet and spend some time with Roger Sharpe. He autographed my backglass, posed with me and the game and then he just had to play it.

Flippin' Awesome...
-mof

#71 5 years ago

Yeah, that's a pinball players dream come true. Awesome pics.

#72 5 years ago

Great pics - thanks for sharing

Did Roger give you any interesting information about the game? I've never been too sure about Barry Oursler's involvement with the design - did he wire the whitewood?

#73 5 years ago

From what I have read, Roger designed the game, and Barry built the whitewood from his design. To me, it looks like he started with a base playfield layout from Williams Phoenix which (not?) coincidentally was designed by Barry.

#74 5 years ago

Looks like we just joined the club today. We stumbled on a Barracorra for $250 and could not pass it up. We have been playing the virtual pinball version for awhile now and love the rule set for this game.
The backglass is perfect, the cabinet is good, the playfield is showing wear on the lower portion.
Right now it lights up, coins up and plays if you manually serve up the ball. Flippers work but no other high power coils work. So no pops, slings or eject holes at the moment.
Here are the photos of the machines arrival today.

IMG_0938.JPG IMG_0939.JPG IMG_0947.JPG IMG_0948.JPG IMG_0949.JPG
#75 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Looks like we just joined the club today. We stumbled on a Barracorra for $250 and could not pass it up. We have been playing the virtual pinball version for awhile now and love the rule set for this game.
The backglass is perfect, the cabinet is good, the playfield is showing wear on the lower portion.
Right now it lights up, coins up and plays if you manually serve up the ball. Flippers work but no other high power coils work. So no pops, slings or eject holes at the moment.
Here are the photos of the machines arrival today.

So you paid for a backglass, and a pinball machine came along with it??? Well done...

Awesome -- be sure and order your set of flipper return frames from Cliffy !
-mof

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

So you paid for a backglass, and a pinball machine came along with it??? Well done...
Awesome -- be sure and order your set of flipper return frames from Cliffy !
-mof

Basically yes. I could not believe my luck when I saw this machine.
Good to know that Cliffy has extra return lanes.
Has anyone double stacked these with small spacers to keep the ball from jumping over during a flipper pass? We were just talking about these return lanes today and thought they looked really low.
Can't wait to get it fully working. Quite a few power board hacks on this one but it plays well for a warehouse find.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from woz:

The backglass is OK but the blacks are getting a bit blotchy though you don't notice it in the dark. My only regret is that I didn't scan the NOS playfield before I installed it.

That would have been awesome if you could have scanned the playfield.
Looks like a lot of us could use a reproduction playfield for this heavily played game.

#78 5 years ago

A $250 score? I'm jealous.

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

A $250 score? I'm jealous.

That's ok. I'm still in disbelief at my luck on this one.

1 week later
#80 5 years ago

Just got our Barracora up and running. Well, 99% running anyway.
I have a melted coil on the very last A drop target coil. Got a new coil on the way from PBR.
We have been enjoying the game a ton even though we can not complete the top ball lock without that coil working properly.
Amazed at the awesome rule set for such an early game. Just discovered that that if the center target lights up the middle are lined up, you can hit the collect loop twice before they reset. What an fantastic idea.
Wish there were more to multiball then just multiball though.

I went to Cliffys web page but I guess he is sold out of lane guides. No big deal as ours seem fine.
Anyone know of a place that sells drop target decals? Nevermind, found them at Marco.
Just need CPR to do a reproduction playfield and we can have a real show piece here.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Just got our Barracora up and running. Well, 99% running anyway.
I have a melted coil on the very last A drop target coil. Got a new coil on the way from PBR.
We have been enjoying the game a ton even though we can not complete the top ball lock without that coil working properly.
Amazed at the awesome rule set for such an early game. Just discovered that that if the center target lights up the middle are lined up, you can hit the collect loop twice before they reset. What an fantastic idea.
Wish there were more to multiball then just multiball though.
I went to Cliffys web page but I guess he is sold out of lane guides. No big deal as ours seem fine.
Anyone know of a place that sells drop target decals? Ours are really faded.
Just need CPR to do a reproduction playfield and we can have a real show piece here.

Cliffy is not sold out -- he just doesn't post every lane guide he has for sale, just email him directly. =)
-mof

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Cliffy is not sold out -- he just doesn't post every lane guide he has for sale, just email him directly. =)
-mof

Great.
Thanks for letting me know.

#83 5 years ago

Wow What a find! Congratulations!

#84 5 years ago

Anyone have a part number for these elusive lane guides for Barracora?
I emailed Cliffy's web page and got a response back asking for a part number.
I guess metal Barracora lane guide is not good enough.
Kind of a catch 22. No part listed on website to get part number from. Then email a description and they want a part number. Not sure how they sell these things at all.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Wow What a find! Congratulations!

Thanks. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite pins of all time and we simply fell head first onto it for only $250.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Anyone have a part number for these elusive lane guides for Barracora?
I emailed Cliffy's web page and got a response back asking for a part number.
I guess metal Barracora lane guide is not good enough.
Kind of a catch 22. No part listed on website to get part number from. Then email a description and they want a part number. Not sure how they sell these things at all.

Sent you a PM with suggestions.
-mof

#87 5 years ago

This may help with part #'s

Barracora wireforms.jpg

#88 5 years ago

Nice post woz. Thanks for the scan.

#89 5 years ago

The parts supplement is available on IPDB. I only extracted the page

I do have a full manual that I will scan when I get the time..

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=177

#90 5 years ago

The lamp resistors on my Barracora driver board were pretty sad.
Just replaced them with 8 new ones from Marco, along with my bad TIP switch for a drop target coil, and now the game looks and plays great.
Amazing how bad these resistors had gotten.
Here is a before and after just for fun.

IMG_1025.JPG IMG_1028.JPG
#91 5 years ago

Here is a picture of my Barracora back on its legs in its spot in my line up.

Just took me three weeks to get all the games back up on their legs following the TPF.

IMG_2200.JPG
#92 5 years ago

Nice Game line up Marcus.
I used to have a Gottlieb Atlantis, but sold it many years ago before I became a wedgehead nut.
During the Texas Pinball Festival I had not really paid much attention to Barracora.
But right after the festival the Virtual Pinball version got released.
Fell in love with the awesome rule set and then a week later just happened to find one for sale.
Awesome when things just work out.

#93 5 years ago

Maybe someone in the Barracora club can answer this for us.
What is it exactly that triggers the 30 second count down at the end of some games?
At first we thought it was the person with the highest score, but that does not always seem to be the case.
So what is the mystery behind this awesome feature.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Maybe someone in the Barracora club can answer this for us.
What is it exactly that triggers the 30 second count down at the end of some games?
At first we thought it was the person with the highest score, but that does not always seem to be the case.
So what is the mystery behind this awesome feature.

The person with the highest score get's the extra 30 seconds, but it has to be on atleast a two player game. Single player games it wont do it on.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

The person with the highest score get's the extra 30 seconds, but it has to be on atleast a two player game. Single player games it wont do it on.
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

Very strange. I know that on some multiplayer games this event does not happen. It does most of the time, but not all.
I wonder if you have to be the highest score and also reach some scoring threshold for this to activate.

#96 5 years ago

Not to my knowledge but check the setting's , there might be something in there....?

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#97 5 years ago

Anyone know what the original flipper button colors were on this game? I've got two of the games here right now and one has red and the other game has grey color. Cant see it on the flyer.
Thanks,
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

2 weeks later
#98 5 years ago

Been working on touching up the Barracora that Arcade and I picked up 2 months ago. Now that it plays well we are working on restoring the playfield untill we find a NOS one. The white we have is bright white and the playfield is very off white. I just left wood showing for white. Here is what I've done so far:

The numbers bonus area. Combination Paint Pen and Markers.
Barracora Numbers Before 1.JPG
Barracora Numbers Before 2.JPG
Barracora Numbers Before 3.JPG
Barracora Numbers After.JPG

The little are on the bottom left face. Tricky but turned out very good!! Combination Marker and Paint Pen
Barracora Face Before.JPG
Barracora Face After.JPG

The B in Barracora. This was a bitch! It was so gone I had to guess what it looked like. These close ups make it look not as good as is it does from regular playing distance. Over all I'm pleased. Same combo as the other two above.
Barracora B Before.JPG
Barracora B After.JPG

#99 5 years ago

Looking good !
-mof

#100 5 years ago

A few more before and after pics of the terrible play field wear.

image-595.jpg
image-137.jpg

I learned a lesson on this one. Next time I'll sketch with a pencil. In hindsight it was pretty dumb to free hand it. All in all still much better than the before
image-329.jpg
image-27.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ava, IL
$ 799.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 15.00
There are 315 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside