New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 268422)

Barney and Groundhog on TZ

By pinballfan2000

5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by pinballfan2000
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Barney (resized).jpeg

#1 5 months ago

Hi guys,
When I was looking Bowen Kerins' rulesheet for TZ, I have readed this:
Barney
shoot this hole to the right of the Left Ramp, and a large, purple dinosaur comes out from under the playfield, stealing the ball. This feature has been eliminated in production machines, due to a lawsuit from Data East; it has been replaced by an identical purple groundhog. Watch the display, as each shot increases the size of Barney's stomach. Five shots make the stomach explode for a 50M "Indigestion Bonus" and a round of Intestinal Mania.

Has anybody saw this feature while it was available on TZ? I'd like to see screenshots of Barney
Thanks in advance,
Peter

#3 5 months ago

I think I seriously missed something all these years.
And it's whatever this guy's smoking.

#4 5 months ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

this guy's smoking.

Is that nice word or swear word?

#5 5 months ago

I'm asking because swearing is STRONGLY FORBIDDEN in my topics

#6 5 months ago

I've never seen it heard of this.
OK I found it on the rule sheet and I have no idea what the hell hes talking about. It makes no sense at all.

#7 5 months ago

Wow we’ve been in quarantine too long!

#8 5 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Wow we’ve been in quarantine too long!

Yep!

#9 5 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I've never seen it heard of this.
OK I found it on the rule sheet and I have no idea what the hell hes talking about. It makes no sense at all.

Yes, I was also wondering, since there's not a hole right of the left ramp.
He probably mixed it up with another pinball game

#10 5 months ago

Seems like how drac washes your car in bsd. At least that's what the rule sheet says.

#11 5 months ago
Quoted from pinballfan2000:

Hi guys,
When I was looking Bowen Kerins' rulesheet for TZ, I have readed this:
Barney
shoot this hole to the right of the Left Ramp, and a large, purple dinosaur comes out from under the playfield, stealing the ball. This feature has been eliminated in production machines, due to a lawsuit from Data East; it has been replaced by an identical purple groundhog. Watch the display, as each shot increases the size of Barney's stomach. Five shots make the stomach explode for a 50M "Indigestion Bonus" and a round of Intestinal Mania.
Has anybody saw this feature while it was available on TZ? I'd like to see screenshots of Barney
Thanks in advance,
Peter

My bro how would Data East sue Bally/Williams because of a purple dinosaur that has indigestion

#12 5 months ago
Barney (resized).jpeg
#13 5 months ago

It was included as a joke. No, no prototype TZ has or had a Barney.

#14 5 months ago

This is very real... in the Twilight Zone

#15 5 months ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

My bro how would Data East sue Bally/Williams because of a purple dinosaur that has indigestion

Maybe because they were going to implement something like dinosaur, and Bally stole idea?
Since Barney doesn't really exist in TZ, I'm not even gonna think how could that happen

Quoted from Coyote:

It was included as a joke. No, no prototype TZ has or had a Barney.

Thanks for letting me know!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oviedo, FL
$ 22.50

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside