(Topic ID: 222321)

Barn Finds - share yours

By fisherdaman

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1172 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1169 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1170 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1168 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1165 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1167 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1166 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1164 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1162 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1161 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1160 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1159 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1157 (resized).jpeg
    New Barn (resized).jpg
    Barn Door (resized).JPG
    New Barn Whole (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gearheaddropping.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 5 years ago

Ok, I have one that is auto related.

Back when cell phones were still analog, I had a crazy cousin who used radio equipment to listen to calls on cell phones around his neighborhood.

One day, he calls me as he overheard a conversation between some Corvette broker talking to one of his people about a 1963 Corvette Coupe (Split Window) that he was going to look at later in the day. The car was located in a barn North of the city and it HAD to be out by the weekend as the guy was moving.

My cousin actually got the contact information of the Corvette's owner for me from one of the conversations. I called the guy, and sure enough, the story was true and he had to get the car out ASAP. I jumped in my car right away and left work and cruised up to this farm about 20 miles North of me. I rolled up to the barn and when the owner opened the doors, my heart sank. The car was complete but in extremely rough shape. The frame was rotted and the engine had the cylinders totally exposed and were covered in rust. It was a Saddle Tan car with a tan interior. 327/300HP 4 speed car. It was on blocks and the wheels/tires were wasted. The guy wanted 10k for it which at the time was ludicrous. I couldn't even see giving the guy 3k for the car at the time...that's how bad it was.

I know today, just a few of the parts on that car are worth 10k, but at the time it was way too much. I still can remember my heart racing as I drove up to that farm!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gearheaddropping.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/barn-finds-share-yours-?tu=gearheaddropping and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.