(Topic ID: 208318)

Barn find what will it be?

By PoBoyPinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    Jimmy-Barnes-meme (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    images0ZNIH194 (resized).jpg
    renovate-barn (resized).jpg
    IMG_2076 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpg
    There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

So I run a little local add pinball wanted working or none. Got a call today very brief I got two old pinball machines in a barn you can come look at them this afternoon. No titles no prices no adress just a call me after work and I'll give you directions. More to come.

#2 6 years ago

I'm guessing small fake pinball version for kids.

#3 6 years ago

Probably just a Gulfstream and a Kingpin.

#4 6 years ago

Quick Draw

#5 6 years ago

A worn out Captain Fantastic & totally shot Phoenix. Both covered with an old tarp, and plenty of dust, and mouse droppings.

#6 6 years ago

#mata-hari-bally EM & Big Bang Bar

#7 6 years ago

Like a kid all kind of games dancing in my head truck ready picked up grandson to help load and have some cash it's local so can always get more if needed.

#8 6 years ago

Waiting anxiously.

Good luck, hopefully the seller isn't a fan of pawn stars or American pickers.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Like a kid all kind of games dancing in my head truck ready picked up grandson to help load and have some cash it's local so can always get more if needed.

And a pistol?

#10 6 years ago

I say, “Fire ball, fire ball, fire ball.”
    22BA2529-290B-4A14-951C-51E7147EB745 (resized).jpeg22BA2529-290B-4A14-951C-51E7147EB745 (resized).jpeg

#11 6 years ago

Pachinko machines or zizzle!

#12 6 years ago

Like a kid all kind of games dancing in my head

This should help wet your appetite then.

a20c7d1259ef249f76ff45528faa27cea7567ef5 (resized).jpga20c7d1259ef249f76ff45528faa27cea7567ef5 (resized).jpg

#14 6 years ago

High Speed
    Ship Ahoy

#15 6 years ago

Pachinkos.

#16 6 years ago

So nothing like finding some thing local. Well ya I guess finding something good. I probably should have passed but that's not me. For sure will part the one out not sure on the other and a bonus arcade game came with the deal. And the barn well she wasn't so much of a barn.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#17 6 years ago

Sweet, glad it wasn't a waste of time!

#18 6 years ago

hopefully the Speak Easy is fixable

the Space Mission makes me sad

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Waiting anxiously.
    Good luck, hopefully the seller isn't a fan of pawn stars or American pickers.

The good news was I got all of it cheap (very cheap) I asked how much and couldn't get the money out fast enough.

Quoted from Taxman:

And a pistol?

No forgot the bang bang at home. Did tell my wife where I was going in case me and our grandson got axe murdered. It was a unique one still didn't get a adress just directions and it's the white house in the field. Then after we park at the house he walks us out to the barn that was in the woods out of site from the house and road.

Luckly we were able to drive back to the barn after buying the games that then even stranger or maybe not all considered when my grandson and I got done loading up and pulled out the seller was gone.

Also odd he told me at one time he had a bunch of backglass's but none to be found not even the ones for these two games.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

hopefully the Speak Easy is fixable
    the Space Mission makes me sad

I'll post some pics after a wipe down and vac. Something has been in them. I think the space odyssey playfeild is okay? But the cab is gone looks like it may have laid on its side on a dirt floor for some time?

#21 6 years ago

Did tell my wife where I was going in case me and our grandson got axe murdered.

Smart man right there. Always good practice to do this.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

Smart man right there. Always good practice to do this.

I have so mixed emotions about this. I have left a note at home with an explanation of where I was going. I have made sure I was armed.

If it worried me that much why did I go at all?

Serious psychological analysis needed. When we say it is an obsession it is real. No joke.

#23 6 years ago

What was the bonus arcade game?

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

What was the bonus arcade game?

Star fighter

http://allincolorforaquarter.blogspot.com/2013/05/potomac-mortgage-company-blue-sky.html

Seems like a bit of a odd ball rare??? I don't know

#25 6 years ago

You guys who haul this stuff out of barns and tarps are saints.

You couldn't pay me to take these kinds of games.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

If it worried me that much why did I go at all?
    Serious psychological analysis needed. When we say it is an obsession it is real. No joke.

Undrstood, but the task itself is such a legal endorphin high (similar to sex or jumping out of a plane). To be able to pull a good condition/restorable pinball machine for under 1k in your vehicle, by yourself and drive away safely with your skin and bones unscathed can be such a rememberable adventure.
    These machines are apart of American history and to be able to find and restore them is a form of patriotism.

#27 6 years ago

Seems like a bit of a odd ball rare??? I don't know

Wow thats one Ive never heard of. Made by the Potomac Mortgage Company!
    Congrats on the finds. Check out the flyer for Star Fighter.
    "Atomic Piles with their punishing attacks will surely destroy us" LOL!
    I'd hate to have an attack of Atomic Piles.

IMG_2076 (resized).JPGIMG_2076 (resized).JPG

#28 6 years ago

In England that was quite a common game. It was called Camtasia. Played it a lot. Fun game.

#29 6 years ago

Does the speakeasy have a wood playfield?

#30 6 years ago

Was it even the sellers barn? lol

#31 6 years ago

Did tell my wife where I was going in case me and our grandson got axe murdered.

I was thinking more like a reenactment of Deliverance.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Wow thats one Ive never heard of. Made by the Potomac Mortgage Company!
    Congrats on the finds. Check out the flyer for Star Fighter.
    "Atomic Piles with their punishing attacks will surely destroy us" LOL!
    I'd hate to have an attack of Atomic Piles.

Quoted from Pinslot:

In England that was quite a common game. It was called Camtasia. Played it a lot. Fun game.

I like arcades but don't collect them and don't know much on this game other then what I'm finding on line.

This is from https://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=18898

Rare - There are 2 known instances of this machine owned by Star Fighter collectors who are active members. Of these, 2 of them are original dedicated machines

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Was it even the sellers barn? lol

I think so

When I think barn I think of where I grew up, Minnesota. This is what I picture in my head.

renovate-barn (resized).jpgrenovate-barn (resized).jpg

#34 6 years ago

In Louisiana when some one say barn this is what I find.

images0ZNIH194 (resized).jpgimages0ZNIH194 (resized).jpg

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I was thinking more like a reenactment of Deliverance.

Oh my garsh somthing like that could sour a guy on pinball. I suppose though it depends on the game and if you leave with it.

#36 6 years ago

lol, your nuts. I would of google earth the location and ran. Glad it worked out for you.

#37 6 years ago

Did seller share any believeable info regarding the history of those two machines, why they were there, how long there, from a failed business, previously stolen, etc.?

#38 6 years ago

Any weird stuff that was also there in the barn that you noticed? Any cool old signs?

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Any weird stuff that was also there in the barn that you noticed? Any cool old signs?

Ha, I'm always scoping for other cool stuff on these type of pickups. Sometimes those items are more exciting than the games.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Exactly. Can't agree more. Man, those are just gross.

#41 6 years ago

Did seller share any believeable info regarding the history of those two machines, why they were there, how long there, from a failed business, previously stolen, etc.?

Yes story checks out he got them from an old closed bar years back from who was once the operator in this town, note the first games that I have found that have came from this same operator. He had bought them several years back and just never did anything with them, he heard my add and now they are mine to deal with.

Nothing cool, I looked for the backglass's and even was hoping to at least find a trace of them but no luck. Just old boats, Campers, Trucks and so on, nothing vintage just junk on the property.

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Exactly. Can't agree more. Man, those are just gross.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You guys who haul this stuff out of barns and tarps are saints.

When I got home my wife said you paid for those? I did but it really wasn't that much.

I own a Space Odyssey (a nice one) but what I saw was hay here are some score reels I can try Nic's soapy water trick on cleaning them and maybe make my game even nicer. Plus its pop's are the blue ones mine are the yellow. I just saw part's lock down bar extra glass, maybe a nice playfield. There is no way I would try to restore this game, but hopefully it can make mine nicer and help someone else with their game down the road? Maybe I even try to clear this playfield and if I muck it up no real money loss to me.

The Speakeasy TBD. Missing a driver board, MPU shot, needs 2 display's maybe 3, needs a backglass. Will open it up I may get a few parts from it I may pass it on to someone who wants it. I may take some of my Bally stuff and try to fire it up just depends on what the inside looks like.

There fait in that old barn were to rot down to nothing, I hope they can at some point help the hobby by being used in some fashion.

I will post some pics the bad, and I hope to find some good????

#43 6 years ago

Yeah, I mean...I'm a preservationist when it comes to stuff like arcade and pinball, but at some point the health risks to bring one of those things into my home (I have no garage!)....lol... I passed on a Mars Trek I really wanted about 6 months ago because I saw mouse turds in the bottom of the cabinet. Not like 1 or 2, but piles. A good deal is only a good deal if it doesn't come with a side of hantavirus, and it was a questionable deal BEFORE I saw that.

#44 6 years ago

I still haven't found a pinball "barn find", but I have found a car barn find and it was awesome!

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Yeah, I mean...I'm a preservationist when it comes to stuff like arcade and pinball, but at some point the health risks to bring one of those things into my home (I have no garage!)....lol... I passed on a Mars Trek I really wanted about 6 months ago because I saw mouse turds in the bottom of the cabinet. Not like 1 or 2, but piles. A good deal is only a good deal if it doesn't come with a side of hantavirus, and it was a questionable deal BEFORE I saw that.

I do have a garage, and a shed I keep games in that are in line to be fixed. Funny I haven't even taken these out of the truck, put a tarp over them last night. Want to do most of the cleaning in the drive way before bringing them in.

#46 6 years ago

Be careful. I bought a few games in similar condition in central Louisiana and found they had powder-post beetle damage. Very annoying and you do not want to spread these to your other games! They are very hard to kill. I still made out great on the deal though.

#47 6 years ago

Looks like Billy Joe Jim Bob's pole barn. Guess he cleaned up the place.

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Be careful. I bought a few games in similar condition in central Louisiana and found they had powder-post beetle damage. Very annoying and you do not want to spread these to your other games! They are very hard to kill. I still made out great on the deal though.

Space Odyssey Cab is going on the burn pile. Hope the playfeild is okay any questionable wood is getting burnt.

#49 6 years ago

Didn't get any time to start on pins tonight they are still on the truck covered up. Did pull the little cocktail out and dusted it off.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#50 6 years ago

Barns - Aussie style.

Jimmy-Barnes-meme (resized).jpgJimmy-Barnes-meme (resized).jpg

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/barn-find-what-will-it-be and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.