Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 176 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by chucktee
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    what-the-1 (resized).jpg
    image-657.jpg
    image.jpg
    image_5.jpeg
    MetEQ3.jpg
    MetEQ2.jpg
    MetEQ1.jpg
    capfan-pin2.jpg
    image.jpg
    20140928_212911.jpg
    00u0u_3adNqO1BSMf_600x450.jpg
    trash-shirt-1.jpg
    Cheapo-Shirt-Back.png
    Cheapo-Shirt-Front.png
    image-498.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cyroute.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I just wanted to start a club for those of us that don't need to spend thousands of dollars on pins to be happy with the collection they have. I have a collection of 8 pins most of which I didn't have to spend more than 400.00 on them in working condition. Now most of these are players condition machines but hell I just love to play pinball and would rather have 8 pins that cost less than one new LE version pin. It does help that my better half loves to play pinball and doesn't mind me stuffing the basement with whatever pinball deals I find. Don't get me wrong I would love a MET PRO, Mustang or the new TWD and many others but 4k+ for one machine is hard for me to swallow. It does help that I have a nice barcade with some of the top pins to play only 5 miles from me. So far my bargain finds have been a Monte Carlo, Spy Hunter, Millionaire, Blackout, and a Black Belt.
    Joe

#3 9 years ago

I didn't say all my machines were that cheap but the majority were. I did get half decent deals on what I call my A-List machines and they were the first ones bought. I then said the heck with it and started buying pins out of the bargain basement bin

#11 9 years ago

Updated the title. I LIKE IT!!! hmm I kinda like the CBC shirt Idea maybe a broken flipper or something. I own a restaurant and get shirts done let me look into it LOL maybe a few one offs. Post your ideas here.
    Joe

#12 9 years ago

How about something like this?
    CBC.jpgCBC.jpg

#42 9 years ago

Love it! I need two of those!
    Joe

#58 9 years ago

Hey Jay at least you said "Friends" so I cant be the only cheap bastard friend you have. Amy said my spending limit is now 300.00 so now i'm going to be in the the dirt cheap bastard club!
    Joe

1 week later
    #103 9 years ago

Well I know I started this club but I may be climbing out of of the basement slowly. This is what I picked up today but I think I got it for a bargain price of 2k with LED's. Cab has some scratches but its not a car show I'm only looking at the PF when I'm playing. So current count is 4 NBBP (NON-Bargain Basement Pins) to 5 BBP (Bargain Basement Pins) hey I think I just made two new acronyms.

20140928_212911.jpg20140928_212911.jpg

2 weeks later
    #146 9 years ago

We need those shirts to be numbered LE's 10k by Christmas!

1 month later
    #159 9 years ago

Sending this to the wife along with the rest of my pinball related Christmas list! Thanks Frax for making it happen!
    Joe

3 months later
    #162 9 years ago

I may have to leave the cheap bastards club in the next few months. I am slowing moving out the CBC pins and replacing them with minty newer machines. First one out was Monte Carlo it treated me well for the 9 months I had it. Black Belt will be going to a nice guy from Canada in Allentown next month. Next week I will be moving in a HUO World Poker Tour and hope to ad an AC\DC to the mix some time this year. I think Spy Hunter and Millionaire may be on the chopping block next only so much room/cash for the nice shiny pins. Oh and I almost forgot I'm sinking big bucks into my FunHouse full PF swap and about 700 in new parts ramps plastics etc. Man just a few months ago that would of gotten me at least one or two CBC pins. I think I will always have my Blackout so I hope that will allow me to continue to be the President/CEO/Janitor of the Cheap Bastards club.
    Joe

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cyroute.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bargain-basement-club?tu=cyroute and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.