Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by andre060
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

69C1489C-7FF1-4C4E-BB6D-435E0662722C (resized).jpeg
    2019-06-01 15.58.01.1670 (resized).jpg
    BNL (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    2A602390-2849-4DAC-B362-46CFEA62D6A7_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    silver ball (resized).png
    Barenaked-Newz.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PismoArcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 2 years ago

Huge BNL fan. I challenge anyone on Pinside to claim they're a bigger fan. I've been tempted to send Ed a longwinded PM on here but have restrained myself.

Seen every tour starting with their US debut promoting Gordon when they opened for Stephen Stills in Avila Beach, California for the Salmon Enhancement benefit. I've never seen an opening band win over a crowd like they did that day. I own a physical copy of every release, including eps, Christmas fan club stuff, etc and would encourage everyone to pick up the vinyl version of "Silverball" for the pinball related poster alone. (The album is also excellent.) When Itunes was a thing, I owned most of the "Ships & Dips" concerts and I even own a few bootlegs.

I would be a day one LE buyer.

2A602390-2849-4DAC-B362-46CFEA62D6A7_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg2A602390-2849-4DAC-B362-46CFEA62D6A7_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    #19 2 years ago
    Quoted from rolandthoms:

Hmmmm...got this one?[quoted image]

I do!

Damn...Now you're making me dig through my boxes of cassettes.

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I won't claim bigger. Just have this.
    LTG : )
    [quoted image]

Nice!

I saw him at a show once and couldn't get up the nerve to approach him even though I'm not the star struck type. He had a lot of people vying for his attention.

I did once approach Steven Page and Tyler Stewart for an autograph during the "Maybe You Should Drive" tour, much to Steven's dismay. (They both signed and he later apologized via Twitter.)

69C1489C-7FF1-4C4E-BB6D-435E0662722C (resized).jpeg69C1489C-7FF1-4C4E-BB6D-435E0662722C (resized).jpeg
    #23 2 years ago

Even though the song isn't about pinball, the lead single from their newest (amazing) album, Detour de Force would have to be included in the pin just for the title alone.

It would be awesome that everytime you hit the flipper button, you would hear the band yell "Flip!

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from justanottergirl:

I would argue that the biggest fan is the one who has seen BNL most often live… if you’re not in the 3 digits, you’re not even in the running!

Fair enough. I was talking about Pinsiders.

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from justanottergirl:

What she said. There are multiple Pinsiders in the 3 digit show category.

Great to hear! Didn't know there was so many Pinsiders with great taste. Happy to be wrong.

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from pingrrrl:

I won't claim to be the number one fan for fear of being type cast as that Creepy Stalker Girl.

In retrospect, my initial post did come across as a bit hyperbolic. My apologies. I sometimes have a tendency to get overly excited about music that I love.

On a side note, I used to gloat about seeing over 70 Dead and Dead related shows until people with hundreds under their belt would sigh and give me that "amateur" look.

Anyone else a huge Bruce Cockburn fan?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PismoArcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/barenaked-ladies-pin-if-i-nudge-you-oh-so-carefully?tu=PismoArcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.