(Topic ID: 214484)

Bare wpc mpu boards- any parts hard to find/ unobtainable?

By Langless28

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pin_Guy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180308_152944 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Langless28.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Saw bare wpc mouth boards on eBay and they provide a bom to populate them. Does anyone know if some parts would be hard to find if I wanted to populate my own. I have seen other posts on how hard it is to find older comments these days and I'm honestly not familiar enough with these mpu'. I would hope digikey and mouser would get me 90% of parts and then find the remainder on eBay or other means? What do you think?

#5 6 years ago

thanks guys! What is the opinion/ consensus on the aftermarket twobits boards vs oem Williams ones? Quickly reading that post i attached said that the wiring schematic will not work with the aftermarket board and might make it hard to troubleshoot?

#18 6 years ago

Any other boards costs effective to build (other kits) and components are redidly avalaible?

I have no need for a spare but it would be cool to improve soldering skills and tackle one of these puppies.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

We used to sell a few different boards as kits but there wasn't much demand for them. Most people, it seems, just want to plug-N-play a new board into the machine.

And I guess to your point the people who would want/ like to do that would probably rather repair their current board no?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Langless28.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bare-wpc-mpu-boards-any-parts-hard-to-find-unobtainable?tu=Langless28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.