Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Neemox
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

So, I'm trying to order a bunch of bare opto LED's, both TX and RX for a few different systems. I'd like to have them on hand for bally/williams games as well as gottlieb games (Specifically I have a system 3 that I need to worry about).

Does anyone know what specs are critical for the opto's? Or even have mouser part numbers?

Thanks in advance

#2 7 years ago

You can buy pairs of original Williams opto transmitters and receivers (5 pairs for $3) from Borygard at www.lockwhenlit.com; not sure if those would work on Gottlieb systems, though.

#4 7 years ago

Thanks Pin_Guy! Do you know if there is a difference between williams/bally and gottlieb optos? As long as I use a matched pair of TX and RX, I should be ok?

#5 7 years ago

I don't have any information on what Gottlieb used. The main concern will be the load resistors they used on the driver, the load resistors will provide the proper forward voltage to the IR Emitter and if this voltage exceeds the MAX forward voltage of the IR emitter (1.7V for the QED123) will eventually ruin the emitter.

Ideally if you have the Gothlieb part number you can look at the spec sheet to make a determination on what you need; if that's not available, the best thing you can do is take a voltage measurement across one of the working Gottlieb IR emitters to see what they are using for drive voltage, and if that's within the operational range of the QED123 (~ .8V - 1.5V) than you are good to go.

#6 7 years ago

Awesome. thanks so much. I found some gottlieb optos from PBR, I'll measure the functional ones and see what I can determine. Great info.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bare-optos-from-mouser and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.