Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9BB65EE3-D0DF-4B4A-8566-873FAEFAE890 (resized).jpeg
40012F9F-9892-407C-B456-E4B87D64B11B (resized).jpeg
jHa26i7HTtOjsoxi0xVm3w (resized).jpg
20161013_222846 (resized).jpg
6C8E81B9-F0F1-4FA0-B055-3E99E9A278E0 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

A beautiful night in Saint Louis, watching the Bare Naked Ladies put on a GREAT show, and knowing that Ed Robertson is a pinball junkie like many of us, and he owns serial number #1 of my current favorite game, TNA.

Life is good!

#3 4 years ago

its been......

#4 4 years ago

One week since you looked at me...

#5 4 years ago

What your favorite BNL song? Mine’s Brian Wilson (live)

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

Ed Robertson is a pinball junkie like many of us,

And has a Pinside account.

One of the nicest people you'll ever meet. If you see him at a pinball show, be sure and say "Hi".

LTG : )

#7 4 years ago

If I had a million dollars... oh boy

#8 4 years ago

wow, they are still around ? thought they broke up years ago.

#9 4 years ago

Did they play silverball or pinball wizard? Must of played one of those!!

#10 4 years ago

Pinball guy!

6C8E81B9-F0F1-4FA0-B055-3E99E9A278E0 (resized).jpeg6C8E81B9-F0F1-4FA0-B055-3E99E9A278E0 (resized).jpeg
#11 4 years ago

He came out to CP pinball Friday night. I was not able to go.

#12 4 years ago

Still one of the best live bands out there.

#13 4 years ago

BNL were in STL yesterday?

Dang, the MO was fun this weekend it appears because the Aquabats were in town too

There’s no pineapples in Detroit!

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Hard to pick, but if I have to choose "It's All Been Done".

#15 4 years ago

This past Thursday I was at my local distributor buying some parts. I looked over and saw Ed playing pong, I asked if he wanted to play 2 player. He said sure, we played a game and he beat me. Then we played a game of Willy Wonka, He put up a grand champ score (barenak ed) We talked a bit about wonka, deadpool and pinball stuff. I have been a fan of the band since they put out their first cassette (the one with the sandwich on it). I didn’t geek out and ask for selfies or anything just shook his hand and said have a great day, as did he.
Ed is a great guy and a pretty decent pinball player too!

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Dang, the MO was fun this weekend it appears because the Aquabats were in town too

Yep, BNL opened for Hootie and the Blowfish last night. Best concert I have seen. BNL played all their hit songs, including the theme song for Big Bang Theory. To wrap they played very eclectic medley of cover tunes to wrap up the show, which included Lil Das X, Travis Scott/Drake, Panic! at the Disco, and Led Zeppelin, and then closed with a pretty darn good rendition of Gloria as a tribute to the Blues and fans.

Mix in some great comedy and performance attributes, and BNL was the perfect warm up band.

Hootie sounds as good as ever, great musicianship, loads of hit songs (including a few of Darius Rucker's country hits), and the also mix in some great cover tunes. Darius Rucker's voice is insanely good.

Great concert.

#17 4 years ago

I had the pleasure of meeting Ed a few years ago when he performed at a mutual friend's (and fellow pinhead) private birthday party.

Great dude and talented artist!

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

Yep, BNL opened for Hootie and the Blowfish last night. Best concert I have scene. BNL played all their hit songs, including the theme show for Big Bang Theory. To wrap they played very eclectic medley of cover tunes to wrap up the show, which included Lil Das X, Travis Scott/Drake, Panic! at the Disco, and Led Zeppelin, and then closed with a pretty darn good rendition of Gloria as a tribute to the Blues and fans.
Mix in some great comedy and performance attributes, and BNL was the perfect warm up band.
Hootie sounds as good as ever, great musicianship, loads of hit songs (including a few of Darius Rucker's country hits), and the also mix in some great cover tunes. Darius Rucker's voice is insanely good.
Great concert.

We've got tickets when they come up in August for our State Fair, can't wait.Two of my favorite bands from when I was a kid.

#19 4 years ago

I met him at a charity event recently.

I sat down with a rootbeer float & a philly cheese steak. My girlfriend had a beer. I forgot napkins so I left the table for a minute. When I got back my float, sandwich & girlfriend were gone. I looked around and saw Ed in a corner chomping on my philly and hugging my girlfriend and slobbering up my float.

I said "dude, WTF"? He said "relax bro it's pinball". I thought about it for a second and realized he was right - it's pinball !!

I was miffed about the rootbeer float though....

... so yeah, I've met him

#20 4 years ago

The girl and the sammie I’d let slide but the float? Oh, game on Shrek!

#21 4 years ago

I have tickets to the BNL/Hootie show in August when they play Alpine Valley...I wonder if Ed would want to stop over and play a little pinball before the show? Might have to reach out to him and see if he's game (see what I did there?).

#22 4 years ago

I grew up in Columbia, SC and worked briefly with Darius before things broke big in the mid 90's. Always been a good dude. Funny thing back in 94 was seeing "Hold My Hand" take over the music world when we had been hearing it from them in bars in Cola for 5 years leading up to the Atlantic signing.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

The Aquabats for me last week and BNL for me this week. Having a fun time in Cincinnati too!

#24 4 years ago

I ran into him at Expo a few years ago and talked pinball with him for a few minutes. He couldn't have been nicer to someone who was a stranger.

20161013_222846 (resized).jpg20161013_222846 (resized).jpg
#25 4 years ago

Saw them during their first U.S. tour opening for Stephen Stills for a Salmon Enhancement Benefit in Avila Beach, California. (Bob Marley's "Jammin' became "Salmon" that day.)

Never saw a band totally win over a crowd like BNL. Seen them a dozen times since and own everything they've done. (Including their "Ships and Dip" downloads and a couple of bootlegs too.)

Everyone in the band is very cool. Like a moron, a long time ago I once interrupted Steven Page and Tyler Stewart who were having an intense discussion to ask for an autograph. In retrospect, I should have left them alone. (They both signed)

#26 4 years ago

Even if BNL isn't your thing, if you're a Pinsider you have to appreciate "Silverball".

#27 4 years ago

Sorry...one more thing.

Best lyric sheet ever.

jHa26i7HTtOjsoxi0xVm3w (resized).jpgjHa26i7HTtOjsoxi0xVm3w (resized).jpg
#28 4 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

I have tickets to the BNL/Hootie show in August when they play Alpine Valley...I wonder if Ed would want to stop over and play a little pinball before the show? Might have to reach out to him and see if he's game (see what I did there?).

Well then he can swing by my place after the show , I’m pretty close to Alpine Valley . I met Ed at Expo a few years ago , anyone as nice as him is always welcome at my place .

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from DK:

that and What A Good Boy

#30 4 years ago

Expo 20.....17? The year after Hobbit came out. I was playing Hobbit, blowing it up, literally in the middle of Into The Fire Wizard mode, and Ed comes over, grabs me around the shoulders and basically jumps on my back for a piggy back ride....asking me if it was at all distracting to me while I played. I said it wasn't and continued with my Wizard mode! We knew eachother and had hung out a couple times at various shows, but it was still fun/silly to have a rockstar jump on my back to mess with me.

He's a great guy. One of the nicest I've met in the hobby.

#31 4 years ago

I reached out to him and got him to come to CP Pinball when they played in St Louis, he is a great down to earth guy. Enjoyed playing pins with him, and I suck, but still had a couple good games and beat him, lol. Driving him back to the hotel after a night of playing was great also, he is just so nice that I common guy like me had a great conversation with him

#32 4 years ago

Hung out with Ed a few times with my ATL friends before and after concerts and at pinball shows.

I remember the first time I met Ed when he came over to a friend’s house to hang after a concert here in ATL. We had a great time and played pins until almost 3:00 in the morning. He had to wrap it up and I gave him a ride out not knowing where we were headed. He said to drop him off at a Quick Trip gas station off the exit to the highway?? We got there and 5 seconds later his tour bus slowly pulls into the parking lot and stops. Ed said “thanks!”, gets out and hops on the bus and it slowly pulls away to get on the highway to go to their next show. Nice to be a lead singer in a multi platinum selling band for sure.

And Ed is a good player but I noticed his weakness is same side double flipper games. My wife is not a good player but she beat Ed’s butt on Harlem GT no problem. The ball went in between the double flippers repeatedly on Ed play after play.
40012F9F-9892-407C-B456-E4B87D64B11B (resized).jpeg40012F9F-9892-407C-B456-E4B87D64B11B (resized).jpeg9BB65EE3-D0DF-4B4A-8566-873FAEFAE890 (resized).jpeg9BB65EE3-D0DF-4B4A-8566-873FAEFAE890 (resized).jpeg

#33 4 years ago

Ed is like the Bill Murray of pinball, randomly showing up anywhere with a big smile with the objective to have fun with others.

#34 4 years ago

My wife and I just caught them in Cincy with Hootie and the Blowfish on Saturday.

Great Show!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bare-naked-ladies-ed-robertson- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.