Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by kollkos
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1961-carling-black-label-beer-ad-they-like-it (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

I'm not sure that it's "arbitrary," there's probably a reason they have the rule in place. They have a lot to lose by allowing teenagers to have the run of the place. It's a bar after all.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

It seems arbitrary that you can take your 15 year old, but can’t take a 16 year old.
    I’ve yet to see a pinball location with teenagers having the run of the place.

It's a basic guideline. I'm sure they aren't carding 14 year olds to make sure they aren't 15.

Again, they probably have a good reason for this rule, and I'd guess families aren't really their desired clientele as they don't seem to care if they pissed you off. What's their cutoff time for kids?

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from BigAl56:

I live in the Chicago suburbs, A City based Barcade attempted to open in the burbs near me. They tried an over 21 rule that lasted 6 months then they gave up and opened up to all and were gone by the end of the first year.
    When they opened I was there and they were turning away families that wanted to patronize every other minute.

I doubt that's why they failed.

What does a Barcade get out of allowing kids there? Kids don't drink. And parents of kids don't drink much, if they are at all responsible. So families aren't really bringing in the cabbage for a place like this.

All kids do is annoy older patrons who want to drink and carry on without having to worry about being annoyed by kids or annoying kids' parents by acting like adults.

It's a conundrum!

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

How about a follow-up $20 pinside donation if anyone can find another barcade with a similar rule anywhere on the planet in the next 24 hours.
    No drama here. Just find another one not associated with 1-up in Denver. Does it exist?
    Let’s find out.

this is getting dumb.

What are you trying to do here?

I know there's no drama, but like, what's the point?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/barcade-no-16-20-year-olds-allowed?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.