Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by kollkos
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1961-carling-black-label-beer-ad-they-like-it (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigehrl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 4 years ago

Levi is right. there’s nothing arbitrary about it. i own a bar in Brooklyn and have my name on a liquor license. NYS SLA law specifically says (or at least last time i checked a few years ago) anyone up to 16 yo must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, and no one btwn the ages of 17-20 is allowed to enter the establishment under any circumstances. it makes perfect sense. if you think about it, if some of-age folks come in with their 17-18 yo kids, it would be very easy for me or my bartenders to accidentally serve them, thinking they must be old enough to drink. they can look old enough, act old enough, and be so nonchalant about it that we wouldn’t even question it. now, a 14yo on the other hand....

whether an establishment chooses to obey this law is another thing altogether, but since my livelihood is of most importance to me, i certainly do.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I doubt that's why they failed.

exactly. don’t get me wrong, i love kids, and would love them to be able to come in and play. but my rent gets paid from the Black Label, not the Black Knight.

#33 4 years ago

and i should mention, other than after dark, Jackbar allows kids 16 and under in all the time. as a matter of fact, we hosted a 6yo birthday party here, just last Saturday! (though, rare).but it’s just the 17-20yo range we have to be careful about. if any member here came in w/their 20yo, and bought or shared their beer w them, how would i notice? and am i supposed to have to go up to that person, reprimand them and confiscate it? i don’t even want to get myself tied up in all that.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

Also, some states allow under-21s to drink alcohol if it's provided by their parents and present while they drink it. This is the case in TX and NY. Not sure whether this applies to homes only or what though.

really? that's news to me. and i'm living in NY all my life. not saying it's not corrct, just never heard that before.

edit: i just looked it up, and it appears you're correct. "There is no law prohibiting persons under the age of 21 consuming alcohol that was given to them by their parent or legal guardian.". makes no mention that i see regarding them being with their parents while consuming it. interesting!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigehrl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/barcade-no-16-20-year-olds-allowed?tu=bigehrl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.