Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by kollkos
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1961-carling-black-label-beer-ad-they-like-it (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinless.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Tried to check out a barcade with the family but was turned away because they don’t allow anyone between the ages of 16-20.

Apparently that age group has a “tendency to want to consume alcohol” so they ban them completely.

15 and under is ok during certain hours, but once you reach 16 gtfo until you’re 21. It makes no difference if the parents are accompanying them.

Has anyone ever seen this before? We’ve been to many locations and have never heard of such an arbitrary rule.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm not sure that it's "arbitrary," there's probably a reason they have the rule in place. They have a lot to lose by allowing teenagers to have the run of the place. It's a bar after all.

It seems arbitrary that you can take your 15 year old, but can’t take a 16 year old.

I’ve yet to see a pinball location with teenagers having the run of the place.

#7 4 years ago

I completely understand it’s their right. Never said they were in the wrong. I didn’t get “pissed” about it. Not trying to bash or slam them either.

I was wondering if anyone else has run across a location that prevented certain age group from entering like this.

You can bring a group of 9 and 10 year olds between 3-7pm, but not a 16 year old.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

In Texas, minors must be accompanied by a parent/guardian to be able to enter a bar, and the bar has to also allow them to enter.
    Plus, the penalties under the zero tolerance laws for serving minors or minors obtaining alcohol can be pretty severe in Texas, which can include a $4000 fine, being charged with a class A misdemeanor, up to a year in jail, loss of a liquor license, 180 day suspension of their driver's license, and liability for any damages caused by or to the minor.
    I'm sure that's really not something they want to risk, especially since the revenue generated by minors would be pretty small (since a bar's main source of income would be alcohol).

This location is not in Texas. Every location I’ve been to either: allows minors with parents, allows them with parents until a certain time or not at all.

This one just seems to be a bit different

I was just asking if anyone had run into this before. Maybe I should have added a poll.

#20 4 years ago

Maybe I should clarify again. This isn’t a “cry me a river because my kid can’t get in” thread. Or change the rules because I don’t like them.

Let’s make it fun.

$10 to the first person that can name a barcade with this rule (no 16-20 yo) posted on their website.

#29 4 years ago

We have a winner! $10 donated to pinside as requested.

#43 4 years ago

How about a follow-up $20 pinside donation if anyone can find another barcade with a similar rule anywhere on the planet in the next 24 hours.

No drama here. Just find another one not associated with 1-up in Denver. Does it exist?

Let’s find out.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinless.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/barcade-no-16-20-year-olds-allowed?tu=Pinless and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.