(Topic ID: 106201)

Barbie "dollhouse" sized games----source??

By 82Trooper

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I am building a simple dollhouse for my nieces, scaled to fit their Barbie-sized dolls. I was wondering if anyone has made or knows of a source for a mini replica pingame to go with it? I know there are miniature games on E-bay...but they are too small in scale. They also appear to be to flimsy for any serious tilting-action by Barbie or Ken!!

Thanks!

#2 9 years ago
    Quoted from 82Trooper:

I am building a simple dollhouse for my nieces, scaled to fit their Barbie-sized dolls. I was wondering if anyone has made or knows of a source for a mini replica pingame to go with it? I know there are miniature games on E-bay...but they are too small in scale. They also appear to be to flimsy for any serious tilting-action by Barbie or Ken!!

Thanks!

I think you would be better off building one so it matches the scale. Pretty easy to make, the shape is not complicated to cut out of MDF. Grab some images off the net of decals and backglass and print some decals via a standard inkjet printer. The legs can just be spray painted chrome or bent tin/metal. As well lock bar and rails could be either tin or spray painted material.

If you wanted to get crazy, you could put some LED's under the PF and the backglass. Prob put down a piece of acrylic and reverse laminate the artwork on the acrylic sheet. The DMD could also illuminate. I have a huge roll of double sided laminate if you would like a couple pieces. Hell, if you are not in a rush I would enjoy building one for you. But since you are wood worker, sounds like you can get the job done as well.

#3 9 years ago

Hey Jean-Luc......thanks for the response!! if you were serious in your offer, I would take you up on it. Sounds like you have some great ideas. I am not a very skilled woodworker, and have only very basic hand tools. That's why the Barbie sized house was perfect...because it was big and not very intricate!
    I would be glad to pay for materials and shipping.......think about your offer...if you are serious, sign me up! We would just need to decide on a suitable game, appropriate not only for Barbie but for my 8 year old twin nieces!!!

Let me know.

Mike

#4 9 years ago

I would need to tack on a little for my time, will still be time consuming. You can PM me your budget and we can work something out. This all depends on the scale, if it is toooo small I wont be able to do it. For me slightly larger is easier, especially if it is going to have LED sockets inside and acrylic PF and BG. I have no idea how big barbies are. What would the length of the cabinet need to be. From that I can just use one of my pins as a reference. The issue is finding the images. In this case I think the best bet would be to use one from my collection that way I can just take the photos. Touch them up in photoshop and print. Would any of the pins in my collection work for you?

My Abra Ca Dabra has a brand new reproduction backglass. My Bad Cats has a really faded cabinet but I could color correct it in photoshop. Eldorado City of gold has a kind of Ken and Barbie type of pose on the backglass. Them (3) all could maybe be in a doll house?

#5 9 years ago

Always wondered if any one ever tried to make the smallest fully functional pinball machine....would be pretty cool.

#6 9 years ago

Thanks for the response...let me mull this over and if I decide to move forward, i will PM you!!

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from 82Trooper:

Thanks for the response...let me mull this over and if I decide to move forward, i will PM you!!

Sounds good, if you decide to make one your self I be happy to help troubleshoot. You could make this all out of balsa wood "home depot/lowes" if you coat balsa with a hardening sealer it gets pretty hard and durable. Should hold up to kids play. You may be able to find some artwork, but will be hard to find the complete package.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/barbie-dollhouse-sized-games-source and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.