Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230205_114514 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

Hey everyone!

I recently picked up my first SS game, Barb Wire. I know it's not a super desirable pin but I love the movie and couldn't resist.

Everything seems to work, but I have a couple questions -

1. The kickers feel very weak and somewhat inconsistent, I am thinking I'll replace the sleeves on them but I wasn't sure if this was a known issue with this era of game

2. The outhole kicker for saved ball doesn't get the ball completely onto the playfield, it kicks up and comes out the Mind Read hole - again not sure if this is intentional. It does this consistently and it always makes it all the way out of the outhole so I am leaning towards intentional

3. Big Fatso. If you own this game I'm sure you're familiar with the ball getting stuck behind him. (see pic) How have you fixed this? I have noticed a lip on the back of the dozer scoop that catches on the ball if you get it stuck while it is up. I've had this happen a few times where it cant get it free.
My thought is to file this lip off so big fatso can slide past the ball and set it free. If anyone has resolved in another way please let me know, I'd also like to keep it looking as nice as possible so if anyone has any tips to filing this I would appreciate it

20230205_114514 (resized).jpg20230205_114514 (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

I have had a few air balls, where the ball has been stuck behind Big Fatso, but in the 4 years I have owned this game it has only happened a handful of times. Which post is sending it up there? Maybe check your post sleeves or any other possible culprit, because it should not happen that often. Before filing the lip off, I would search for other solutions first.

The kickers on mine are not weak, but not amazingly strong either. New sleeves sure won't hurt. PM me if you need any help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/barb-wire-gottleib-system-3-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.