(Topic ID: 167243)

Barad-Dur tower not resetting in up position

By drummermike

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drummermike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I have been working on my latest edition, Lord of the Rings. The one thing still not working is the Barad-Dur tower in the right corner. It comes down but will not go back up unless the pin is shaken hard. I replaced the old Williams coil with a new Stern. The spring is not available. I got a couple from Marco that are not a good substitute as stated. They are a bit longer but are weaker. I used the old spring. I set the game so the tower will not fall early. I took the tower out to replace the coil. Should the sleeve stick out the bottom more to prevent the tower from going down as far?

#3 7 years ago

Shortening the spring will not make it stronger. The coil wire would have to be thicker and the number of turns greater and closer together. So the problem is the spring.

#6 7 years ago

Thanks. I am using 2 of 10-326 springs inside each other to make it stronger. The original is a bit shorter and stronger than a single 10-326. This spring may not be original. The coil had been replaced. The tower now falls down and comes back up part way to a resting position. It will return upright if the ball hits the hole behind the tower. Better! I put the setting back to no early fall.
If the coil sleeve is left long to come out of the coil it would stop the tower from coming down as far. Is this how it should work?

#7 7 years ago

Just looked at the manual. It shows the coil sleeve does not come out of the coil.

1 week later
#8 7 years ago

I have now replaced the double spring setup with one spring. I used a new heavy duty Balrog spring. Part 266-5076-00. It is a bit shorter but stronger. It works great. The tower comes down and goes back up on its own.

8 months later
#9 6 years ago

Balrog spring still working. Tower is set to fall early and works flawlessly multiple times a game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.50
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 18.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drummermike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/barad-dur-tower-not-resetting-in-up-position?tu=drummermike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.