lord mod.jpg
DSC02713.JPG
palantir (1)_taille_reelle.jpg
palantir (2)_taille_reelle.jpg
DSC02719.JPG
DSC02715.JPG
sauron eye.jpg
barad dur_taille_reelle.jpg

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 years ago

Hi all.
I present to you my latest mods for the LOTR.
work that I started a little over a year ago.
I created 3 mods and I started with what seemed to me the easiest, the ring fire that some people know to have bought it on my site or at Mezels mods.
I then started the "Barad Dur" project at the start, I wanted to integrate a half sphere with a mini screen between the two points of the tower, I finally gave up because although the effect was terrible, the installation was pretty complex.
so I decided to put an oval lens in the panel decor which holds the sticker of the eye of sauron flasher.
it took several tests for the alignment to give the impression that the eye is between the points of the tower.
so I cut some panels and modified the drawings of the original panel, because the eye of the flasher was badly centered.
once the concerns of centering settled, I added an interactivity so that with each action on the tower acts on the eye and especially so that during the destruction of the ring there is a longer animation which looks a little in the film, it was a bit complicated because the image file is very heavy but for an excellent definition.
in the control cards that I use, there is only little storage space
here is a photo of the panel ready to be installed, it only takes 5 minutes
barad dur_taille_reelle.jpgbarad dur_taille_reelle.jpg
sauron eye.jpgsauron eye.jpg

#2 4 years ago

I then worked on the palantir orb.
the diameter was my first concern, it was necessary to find a good compromise of the diameter compared to the size of the screen.
the first tests were mediocre, a bit the same problem as in the wizard of oz's magic ball, the sphere doing its magnifying glass work we could see all the pixels on the screen.
I had to find high definition screens to minimize this visual problem.
this research work was stressful because I had to buy several formats and the delivery time each time long.
finally i found the right screen but i had to change the diameter of my sphere.
then it was necessary to cogitate a fixing system to have a good visual centering of the pupil of the eye.
if we are tall like Mickael Jordan we will not have the same vision as Arold Ramis.
I had to make 5 different prototypes with an opening of the sphere different in size until I found the right compromise.
I have nightmares about it.
I started this project with the computer program and each time I tested a new screen, I had to modify a lot of parameters.
then fixing the screen gave me other concerns and finally, I opted for the bonding solution.
it is perfect, it does not alter the visual, I was afraid that a white veil would form but this did not happen and the fixation is extremely solid.
I pass other worries that I met otherwise it will be a real novel, it was of course the most complicated of mods to achieve
here are photos of the sphere before assembly to see the beautiful transparency and the finished prototypeDSC02715.JPGDSC02715.JPGDSC02719.JPGDSC02719.JPGpalantir (2)_taille_reelle.jpgpalantir (2)_taille_reelle.jpgpalantir (1)_taille_reelle.jpgpalantir (1)_taille_reelle.jpgI asked two beta testers to check in their games if everything is going well, I'm waiting for the feedback.
this is what we can see in the sphere when it is activatedDSC02713.JPGDSC02713.JPG

I made a short video to see the mods in action

#3 4 years ago

Cool Barad Dur mod! I keep forgetting that Eye of Sauron effect is even there.

#4 4 years ago

Cool mod! I'd buy one!

#5 4 years ago

Looking good - they were worth the effort!

#6 4 years ago

I already have your fire ring (very impressive) and would like to order at least the Sauron eye, possibly together with the palantir mod.

I do not see the Sauron eye and the palantir on your website. How can I order?

BR

Eckhard

#7 4 years ago

I also want to know how to order? I would like both mods.

#8 4 years ago

I await the findings of my two testers, they received the mods yesterday, I think I have feedback by 2/3 days.
I am waiting for supplies / board to make the first ones and I will have some available in about 10 days.
the price will be 130 € for the mod eye tower barad dur and 170 € for palantir.
I would make a reduction of 10% in case of purchases of the 3 mods and 5% for 2.
Free shipping for the first 10 pre orders.
will soon be available on my website, also at Mezels mods if interested and on the pinside shop

#9 4 years ago

hi
I put here the list of members who made me a pre order
1/Zora Palantir and Barad dur sauron eye
2/Robertstone0407 Barad dur sauron eye
3/paynemic Palantir and Barad dur sauron eye

#10 4 years ago

Any chance I can get a fire ring mod from you? Please message me if this is possible

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from stuckey_t:

Any chance I can get a fire ring mod from you? Please message me if this is possible

I got mine from Mezelmods.

Edit: Looks like they’re out of stock.

#12 4 years ago

I'm interested in the fire ring and Barad Dur mods.

#13 4 years ago

Sign me up for all 3 mods.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from stuckey_t:

Hello stuckey, Mezel ordered me from 10 ring fire, they are ready but I also have to prepare a lightsaber run and eyes for bony beast, I expect to send it in 10 days and will be available on their site soon

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I'm interested in the fire ring and Barad Dur mods.

hello jarbyjibbo,as said above, the ring fire will soon be ready at mezel but as you take me another mod, you can take advantage of the 5% for a double order, I put you on the list

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Sign me up for all 3 mods.

hello troz
same thing for you with the ring,
i put you ion the list for the 3 with 10% and free ship of course

#17 4 years ago

update list

4/dgposter Barad dur sauron eye

5/ jarbijibbo Barad dur sauron eye fire ring

6/ troz Barad dur sauron eye fire ring and palantir

7/ Bernardspop Barad dur sauron eye fire ring

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

update list

Can you put me down for: Fire ring mod and the Barad dur sauron eye.

Thanks!

#19 4 years ago

I installed the fire ring a couple of months ago. This is one of the best mods for Lotr. The effect is excellent. Keep in mind that if you have a Lotr le, the mod has an add’l wire. I’m sure F-2NIRO or Mezel will steer you in the right direction. Great mod Niro.

#20 4 years ago

Can you please put me down for all 3? Thanks!

#21 4 years ago

Can you also put me down for: Fire ring mod and the Barad dur sauron eye.
Thanks, Joe

#22 4 years ago

Put me down for all three? Thanks, great mods!

#23 4 years ago

I'll take the Fire ring mod and the Barad dur sauron eye

#24 4 years ago

thanks all,
the list has exceeded 10 to benefit from free shipping.
I take into account the eleventh but I end the list here,
you can still continue to register for a pre-order but without benefiting from free shipping costs, thank you for your understanding

update list

8/jakeroons9 Barad dur sauron eye fire ring and palantir

9/jflynn ring fire and Barad dur sauron eye

10/ jcoble Barad dur sauron eye fire ring and palantir

11/ randmix ring fire and Barad dur sauron eye

please let me know if there is an error in your order

#25 4 years ago

please put me down for palantir and barad dur

#26 4 years ago

What is the price of the fire ring mod? I don't see it mentioned anywhere.

Cheers!

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

What is the price of the fire ring mod? I don't see it mentioned anywhere.
Cheers!

Check his website and mezelmods

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Check his website and mezelmods

Thanks. It's not mentioned on his site but mezel has it at $99. I live in the UK so will ping him a note.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from heartbrand:

please put me down for palantir and barad dur

ok heartbrand
i add you

update list

now with shipping cost

12/Palantir barad dur

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Thanks. It's not mentioned on his site but mezel has it at $99. I live in the UK so will ping him a note.

the price are on my web site.

https://www.2niro-pinball.com/boutique/Pinball-mods-c27074105

#31 4 years ago

I keep you informed of the feedback from my testers, everything is ok except for Palantir for Lord LE.
there is a bug and the screen freezes quickly, I asked the tester to send the palantir kit back to check if there was a problem with it.
after testing with me, it works perfectly there is therefore an incompatibility problem.
I worked there all weekend, Monday and today to find a solution to this problem.
do not have the pinball machine on hand, I decided to pick up the signal for interaction outside of the pinball machine.
I modified my program to have an electric photo detection with the bulb that lights the sphere from the back, I just finished, I now need to send the new prototype back for testing, but I am 100% sure of the positive result, unless the way of behaving of the bulb is different between the LE and the standard, but I don't think so.
the principle of operation will differ like that.
my first program only triggered the sphere each time we hit the target.
the new program triggers the sphere each time the bulb is activated, that is, as soon as a ball arrives in the launch lane, when the ball enters the ejector of the army of the dead, from that the ball enters the hole baraddur, (to light the palantir insert) and of course each time we touch the palantir target.
with a slight latency when the palantir insert is on (about half of second) and immediately if the insert is off, in fact, it follows the original light sequence. in attrack mode, activation is also done., this program is therefore compatible for both versions and the first program is compatible only for standart.
the activation delay of the sauron eye is 5 seconds in my video, but I will decrease to 2.5 seconds, I find it more coherent, that said, I'm asking you, what do you think?
also, if some prefer that the sphere activates only as my first program, so just when the target is hit, I could program on demand, but of course, this program is reserved for owners of lord standard.
but later, I plan to make only one program with compatibility for both models.
In front of the success met, I placed orders for equipment urgently, because on the French side, it pleases a lot, I will be a little late for the first shipments but I do my best to send the first ones on the list as quickly as possible, tomorrow I will operate the cnc machine to cut the plates for baradur
as we say back home, i'am broken.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

I keep you informed of the feedback from my testers, everything is ok except for Palantir for Lord LE.
there is a bug and the screen freezes quickly, I asked the tester to send the palantir kit back to check if there was a problem with it.
after testing with me, it works perfectly there is therefore an incompatibility problem.
I worked there all weekend, Monday and today to find a solution to this problem.
do not have the pinball machine on hand, I decided to pick up the signal for interaction outside of the pinball machine.
I modified my program to have an electric photo detection with the bulb that lights the sphere from the back, I just finished, I now need to send the new prototype back for testing, but I am 100% sure of the positive result, unless the way of behaving of the bulb is different between the LE and the standard, but I don't think so.
the principle of operation will differ like that.
my first program only triggered the sphere each time we hit the target.
the new program triggers the sphere each time the bulb is activated, that is, as soon as a ball arrives in the launch lane, when the ball enters the ejector of the army of the dead, from that the ball enters the hole baraddur, (to light the palantir insert) and of course each time we touch the palantir target.
with a slight latency when the palantir insert is on (about half of second) and immediately if the insert is off, in fact, it follows the original light sequence. in attrack mode, activation is also done., this program is therefore compatible for both versions and the first program is compatible only for standart.
the activation delay of the sauron eye is 5 seconds in my video, but I will decrease to 2.5 seconds, I find it more coherent, that said, I'm asking you, what do you think?
also, if some prefer that the sphere activates only as my first program, so just when the target is hit, I could program on demand, but of course, this program is reserved for owners of lord standard.
but later, I plan to make only one program with compatibility for both models.
In front of the success met, I placed orders for equipment urgently, because on the French side, it pleases a lot, I will be a little late for the first shipments but I do my best to send the first ones on the list as quickly as possible, tomorrow I will operate the cnc machine to cut the plates for baradur
as we say back home, i'am broken.

Put me on your list . All mods once you get the Palantir for Lord LE sorted out. Thanks , Rob Knapp

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Put me on your list . All mods once you get the Palantir for Lord LE sorted out. Thanks , Rob Knapp

Ok Robknapp, i add you, thanks

update list

now with shipping cost

12/Palantir barad dur
13/ Robknap /Barad dur sauron eye fire ring and palantir

#34 4 years ago

Please sign me up for all three!!!!!

Thx
Sully

#35 4 years ago

Please sign me up for all three! Excellent work so far

#36 4 years ago

Thanks sulli10 and doghouse, i add you .

I give you news, I spent a lot of time for a different version of palantir, the first version works perfectly with the standard lord.
I created a new program for Lord LE which is also compatible with the two versions, the operating mode is different, more animation, in fact, each time the bulb is activated.
I send it for test tomorrow but I'm sure of the result, but it is more prudent to test on an LE.
suddenly I lost time for the first orders and I also spent a lot of time to find suppliers able to send me the material to assemble the mods because of the restrictions that we currently undergo with the coronavirus.
I had to place orders with fast transport like UPS, and I hope that packages will not be blocked at customs.
now that all of these details are settled, i'm going to manufacture everything i can with my stock.
not yet had time to make a montage video, but I'm doing my best.
do not hesitate to ask me questions if you wish.

#37 4 years ago

update list

now with shipping cost

12/Palantir barad dur
14/ sulli10 / Barad dur sauron eye fire ring and palantir
15/ doghouse /Barad dur sauron eye fire ring and palantir

#38 4 years ago

Hi, yes mine need to work on an LE

1 week later
#39 4 years ago

How much are the mods direct from you?

#40 4 years ago

Hello all
I come to give you news.
I had to write a new Palantir program for Lord LE.
it was difficult because the bulb of palantir which will serve as detection has a pulsation mixed with a fade.
  I had to create a fairly difficult algorithm to prevent the activation from being permanent when the palantir insert is on.
I just got positive feedback of my lord LE testor.
mail shipments are delayed and it took longer than expected.
a lot of domestic worries to settle due to quarantine but I will have the first loan mods soon.
I hope to receive my order ofscreens to make them all.
courage and health to all

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from LucidLight:

How much are the mods direct from you?

Hello lucidlight
I set the prices with promotions in response #8

1 week later
#42 3 years ago

Hello
with this quarantine, I took a crazy delay, the fab lab in my town is closed, I had to order a CNC machine to cut the sets myself for the barad dur mod, time to learn how to handle the software and I am autonomous for it.
I made a video of the process.

I finished a few copies of each.
lord mod.jpglord mod.jpg
I will contact the first of the list by PM

#43 3 years ago

Nice work. I love it when I have an excuse to buy a new tool/toy

I'm excited to get the new mods for my LOTR!

#44 3 years ago

update list
1/Zora Palantir and Barad dur sauron eye ............................................... SENT

2/Robertstone0407 Barad dur sauron eye................................................ waiting

3/paynemic Palantir and Barad dur sauron eye ....................................... SENT

4/dgposter Barad dur sauron eye .......................................................... SENT

now with shipping cost

12/Palantir barad dur

#45 3 years ago

Perfect Eastern ahead!

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

update list
1/Zora Palantir and Barad dur sauron eye ............................................... SENT
2/Robertstone0407 Barad dur sauron eye................................................ waiting
3/paynemic Palantir and Barad dur sauron eye ....................................... SENT
4/dgposter Barad dur sauron eye .......................................................... SENT
now with shipping cost
12/Palantir barad dur

Sweet, I'm next! Let's get this party started

I'm waiting for these to arrive to install the back log of mods I have ready to put in all at once.

#47 3 years ago

Add me for all 3 please.

1 week later
#48 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Add me for all 3 please.

i add you, thanks

I will contact the next on the list, thank you for your patience

#49 3 years ago

update list

now with shipping cost

12/Palantir barad dur
cle Ellison 3 mods

#50 3 years ago

I got mine but haven’t had time to install yet!!! Tomorrow maybe

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/barad-dur-sauron-eye-and-palantir-interactive-orb-mods-lotr/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.