Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Laseriffic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball seat 212.JPG
    Bar Stools.jpg
    K4272-1079-5image.jpg
    WIN_20140115_193027.JPG
    0115141948.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Not sure if there is other topics started about this. I'm woundering what seats do u guys use for when playing pinball. I'm thinking a barstool also need it to be easy for my two girls use. Oldest is 7. Pictures would be great.

#2 10 years ago

A bar stool might be too tall. I have one of those wooden stools and it works out well.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Winsome-Square-Leg-Stool-Set-of-2/22063713

#3 10 years ago

My son is 7 and we use a stool that I bought at a local hardware store. It is meant for a workbench, but it works really well. He pushes it almost to the front of the cabinet to play. I prefer to stand, but I can understand why he likes to get closer and propped up.

#4 10 years ago

I always get better scores when standing, however, I rather sit back an enjoy just playing.
    I like to sit on the red cushion stools with a back on them. I can't nudge as well, but I'm comfortable.
    Also, a pin must have a beverage holder attached to it.

0115141948.jpg0115141948.jpg
    #5 10 years ago

I tried using a stool but i dont like having my knees jammed against the coin door.
    Anyone try one of those knee stools?

#6 10 years ago

My 4 year old uses the big stool, as do I on occasion. My 6yo uses the little foot stool when playing the EM since it is super tall.

WIN_20140115_193027.JPGWIN_20140115_193027.JPG
    #7 10 years ago

The only thing you will want to keep in mind is how easy it is for your kids to get on. I constantly have to watch my son as he climbs on top of the stool because I'm afraid he'll fall off or fall on the pin.

#8 10 years ago

Stand (if possible).

Turns out that prolonged sitting (more than a couple hours at a crack) is worse than smoking.

Even exercising daily is not enough to offset the detrimental effects of hours of sitting.....which I thought was really surprising.

I work at a computer or in the seat of my car. So besides the dog I use the pins as a way of getting up and taking a little break.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Stand (if possible).
    Turns out that prolonged sitting (more than a couple hours at a crack) is worse than smoking.
    Even exercising daily is not enough to offset the detrimental effects of hours of sitting.....which I thought was really surprising.
    I work at a computer or in the seat of my car. So besides the dog I use the pins as a way of getting up and taking a little break.

Truth!
    My graphics design professor has to smash back cortisone shots all the time for his hunch ass shoulders. The one thing he preached daily was posture and gettin up to move around!

#10 10 years ago

I have a couple of bar stools in my game room. They have a soft cushion swivel top and measure about 24 inches high. Here is a picture.

K4272-1079-5image.jpgK4272-1079-5image.jpg
    #11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

That's good to know because I rarely sit for any length of time. I have only played one game ever sitting on one of those stools, but I got one of my best games ever on a Shadow at my friends house. Not that I am going to make a habit of that.

#12 10 years ago

We are having Barstools made with Pinball artwork on the seat. Here is a pic of what they look like, we are going to use the double ring model.

Bar Stools.jpgBar Stools.jpg
    #13 10 years ago

I bought a few of these chairs from Walmart. I like to have support for my back. The were about $60 each plus tax.Pinball seat 212.JPGPinball seat 212.JPG

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from Laseriffic:

We are having Barstools made with Pinball artwork on the seat. Here is a pic of what they look like, we are going to use the double ring model.

Bar Stools.jpg 160 KB

Will you be able to do them with customer supplied art?

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Will you be able to do them with customer supplied art?

What type of supplied art do you mean?

#16 10 years ago

Non-licensed drawn art, like my own logo.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Non-licensed drawn art, like my own logo.

No problem.. Send me whatever you are looking to do and I will forward it over to the company for a quote for you.

[email protected]

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from Laseriffic:

No problem.. Send me whatever you are looking to do and I will forward it over to the company for a quote for you.
    [email protected]

I will as soon as it's done. Hopefully sometime next week. Thanks.

#19 10 years ago

Hey Joe,

Any idea what you will be selling the stools for once they are made?

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from loren3233:

Hey Joe,
    Any idea what you will be selling the stools for once they are made?

Not yet, I am still working on the pricing. I will know more on these soon once I get a sample in.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bar-stool-or-seat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.