(Topic ID: 220024)

Bar bans hats...LOL...Chicago Arcade Bar

By elcolonel

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Boycott the place?”

• yes 15 votes
      43%
    • no 14 votes
      40%
    • too far for me to go anyway 6 votes
      17%

(35 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0C3D509F-06B7-435B-8259-3DE1E8CBDC99 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

#2 5 years ago

IBTL

#4 5 years ago

I own a business and work with 100% of anyone that can pay me. Your shirt could say “Tacshose can go fuck himself” and as long as your check clears I’ll smile the whole time we work together.

These business owners lately make no sense to me at all. Aren’t they in “BUSINESS”. Plus a bar for gods sake yeah take the moral high ground. Whatever.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

I own a business and work with 100% of anyone that can pay me. Your shirt could say “Tacshose can go fuck himself” and as long as your check clears I’ll smile the whole time we work together.

If we ever do business together I’m totally writing that on the check/receipt

#6 5 years ago

Great, somebody lowered the bar again.

#7 5 years ago

It always shocks me how people willingly throw away half their business by offending the other side. And it goes both ways so I’m being apolitical here. People need to shut up in public and go about their business. Save the whining for your spouse and best friends. Growing up people hated talking about two things in public, religion and politics. I miss those days...

#8 5 years ago

Funny how the same people on my Facebook who are whining about stuff like this and the Red Hen thing were also cheering on the Supreme Court banning people like me from being able to buy cakes. Odd, that. A mystery for the ages.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

If we ever do business together I’m totally writing that on the check/receipt

Haha PW79 that would be EPIC, if your business ever needs anything technology related chances are one of my three business’s can handle it and we’ll make it real and post it here or better yet link it to that bar owner LMFAO

#10 5 years ago

This used to be Headquarters, didn’t it?

I’m in Chicago twice a year and have always stopped by headquarters when I’ve been there for dinner, a few beers and some pinball.

Let’s just say, they won’t be getting any of my money anymore.

I’m sick of businesses trying to make political statements.

#11 5 years ago

0C3D509F-06B7-435B-8259-3DE1E8CBDC99 (resized).jpeg0C3D509F-06B7-435B-8259-3DE1E8CBDC99 (resized).jpeg

#12 5 years ago

I agree too that I never, ever mention politics on my business sites. I will say this. And I won't pick sides. But, I am getting really tired of people chanting usa to people protesting or making a point, or anything in that area. We all are Americans regardless of our political views. I personally think the hats are tacky. And tasteless... Probably not made in the usa to begin with, and most of his products sure as hell are not.
    But, you can wear what you want to wear, believe what you want to believe. Just let me do the same. All I ask. I respect you, you respect me. And lets respect people who are different. If we all did that, we all would be in a better place. I think there are too many real important issues like kids going to bed hungry, then to worry about who we vote for once every year, or for some people every other year, and for even others once every four years... And some idiots never, and yet they shout the loudest.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

Funny how the same people on my Facebook who are whining about stuff like this and the Red Hen thing were also cheering on the Supreme Court banning people like me from being able to buy cakes. Odd, that. A mystery for the ages.

That is odd, did the Canadian Supreme Court ban you from buying a cake? I think the world media would have picked up on that. You can come over here to the US and buy a cake at any of 15 to 20 thousand bakeries, not to mention about 100 thousand grocery stores. Come on over and buy a cake!

#14 5 years ago

As a young balding man, whom dislikes my premature chrome dome.

I would not give you my money.

#15 5 years ago

Edited comment as I didn’t realize it was ONLY the maga hats.

#16 5 years ago

But can I wear my "Make America OK again" hat?

#17 5 years ago

I’m wearing a “IBTL” hat and I’m staying classy.

#18 5 years ago

HOLD UP!?

You go to aol.com? IDK those guys still existed

MAGA = Make AOL Great Again!

#19 5 years ago

Make America Gaming Again!

Wanted to see if I could edit after a lock.....yes.

So is Gaslighting happening?

#20 5 years ago

From the article...

"Notably, MAGA hats aren’t the only dress-code violation listed. The bar has also placed a prohibition on gang-related face tattoos."

Nice to see they place gangbangers in the same category as Trump supporters. What a dumb business move!

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Nice to see they place gangbangers in the same category as Trump supporters

That seems accurate to me

Thought i should be the catalyst to the thread lock

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Growing up people hated talking about two things in public, religion and politics. I miss those days...

Remember when air was clean and sex was dirty?

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

These business owners lately make no sense to me at all. Aren’t they in “BUSINESS”. Plus a bar for gods sake yeah take the moral high ground. Whatever.

Some of the dumbest Mfers on earth obviously!

Media and other dopes are stoking it, then these dip shits take the bait, react and subsequently watch their business go down the toilet. i.e. Red Hen

It will be interesting when one of these snowflake coward groups come across some redneck and/or biker boys.

#24 5 years ago

To be fair, Replay is in Boystown in Chicago. They have good reason to dislike anyone who would stroll in a LGBTQ-positive bar with that hat on. Deal with it if it bothers you and go somewhere else.

#25 5 years ago

Biggest part of this story is that AOL is still around.
    Who knew???

#26 5 years ago

I like it. smart business move to get free publicity by a bsuiness that was not being supported by moron MAGA hat wearers to begin with and their likely customer base will love this statement also. Causes some news to happen abput them and will bring in more business.

#27 5 years ago

They have already "thought it through" and pulled their heads out of their asses.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/ct-food-replay-bans-face-tattoos-trump-hats-20180625-story.html

Funny how he is so worried about protecting border crossings and doesn't seem to care about the murder rate in his own back yard of Chicago.

Typical and pathetic.

Btw, I was just down in McAllen, the local people there and all over south Texas don't want the "illegal border crossings" to go unchecked. They like their jobs and respect the community!

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I like it. smart business move to get free publicity by a bsuiness that was not being supported by moron MAGA hat wearers to begin with and their likely customer base will love this statement also. Causes some news to happen abput them and will bring in more business.

Yea, genius level move. Business’ alienating customers is always the best play. Those dumb Maga hat wearers, can’t they find something cool like that pink pussy knit cap? Nothing looks as awesome as that ridiculous mess while you’re hitting the streets taking down nazis and #resist -ing.

Watching so many people still losing their minds 18 months later is so incredible to me...I absolutely love it.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bar-bans-hatslolchicago-arcade-bar?hl=lovelycoconuts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.