Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Blackbeard
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I have a lead on a deal that includes a Banzai. Described as working, slight cabinet damage but no wear on pf. What are people's thoughts on value? I have asked for pictures but nothing other than this to go by so far.

#2 11 years ago

They come up for sale so rarely, I'm not really sure what a fair price for one is. It's probably the most collectible of the System 11s, though, and it definitely commands a premium over most other games from that era.

#3 11 years ago

i dont know about the price for this one. i can assure you the machine is one of the most fun ever. really adictive play. a frind of mine has it and i often play it.
the music is so cool.. the art... the gamplay... it is a blast.
it is very rare so i say go for it.

#4 11 years ago

Tough one to put a price on, as they are rare and normally do not age well. Suprisingly though I saw one on my local CL about a month ago for $5k, but don't know if it sold.

#5 11 years ago

very rarelly see these up for sale. Id place it in the high $4k area. But condition is definitely king!

#6 11 years ago

Banzai is one of the top 3 or 4 System 11's out there. Whirlwind, Diner, Black Knight 2000 and Banzai Run are the top contenders for "the best system 11", generally. I would put it between #2 & #3 as I think WW is the best machine of that era and designed by the same guy.

There are cabinet decals and plastic sets available. Also made recently, but harder to find are upper playfield glasses. Playfields are also in the works. I suggest evaluating these things as you proceed, as finding any other game specfic parts could really hurt your enjoyment and sale-ability down the road.

Wear is almost a given, but with your comment about "no wear on pf" that would have to mean that it is a XR-7 sample diamond-plate-like playfield. I have a hard time believing that as there were so few made and only one other person I know found one (think Charlie and the Choc Factory and the Golden Ticket...)

The playfield probably has bubbling mylar, wear in the white rings around the pop bumpers, left outlane kickback wear, etc. That is alright, in my view. As long as it plays well, you can enjoy it and consider a playfield swap if/when CPR puts those into production.

Price wise I would think anything under $2500 is pretty good, but if you have been looking for one as most of us have, expect to pay closer to $3,000. Add $1,000 on top of that for an XR-7 playfield.

Good luck.

#7 11 years ago

http://www.flickr.com/photos/detroitpinball/sets/72157626098337032/

I currently own 2, and last year I owned 3. If you have specific questions about this game, feel free to PM me. Send me pics, I can get you a good ball park figure.
There is definately going to be wear at least on the inserts and at least some grazing on the cabinet.
They made 1000 of these games, most shipped over sea. Its the game that put Pat Lawlor into pinball/ Williams and brought Pat and Larry together. Not only do I feel BR is a top game, but a unique piece that I feel is in a place in itself as part of pinball history.

Scott
Detroit Pinball
"Mr King of the Hill"

#8 11 years ago

I just missed out on one about 2 months ago on craigslist in wisconsin was selling for $2700 I tried trading my Xenon for it but the guy already had one but someday i will own one of these.
it is a strange thing with this machine Ive seen one sell on ebay for $9500 but then one not sell for $1800 so the price is a bit hard to pin down on BR But i would suspect the machine is worth $2k give or take depending how trashed or prestine it is.
But a little love and most machines can be made to be like new again just depends on how much time a guy is willing to invest into the machine Vs. skill level...

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

I just missed out on one about 2 months ago on craigslist in wisconsin was selling for $2700

I saw that one too. I thought he was crazy, now I realize he may not have been.

#10 11 years ago

A great machine ! Starting from "Welcome Race fans to Banzai Run" to the cliff jump - souvenirs from my youth... I am looking for one too, but as I am living in France I won't compete for that one...

Just in case you would like a new PF, I noted this: http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html as they have Banzai run on preorder (no idea if worth the price)

#11 11 years ago

It is part of a small package deal that I am checking out this weekend. I think the deal it waying on condition of all the machines right now. Thanks to all that have posted...never played one and hope I can make a deal and own this rare cool machine.

jlm33...thanks for the info. I have a few restorations in the works and a couple in line but it is nice to know it could be restored if needed.

#12 11 years ago

Personaly if it is complete and salvageable and you can get a decent deal on it i would jump on it, especialy if it is around the $2k range...

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

It is part of a small package deal that I am checking out this weekend.

Good luck, sir!

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from detroit_pinball:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/detroitpinball/sets/72157626098337032/
I currently own 2, and last year I owned 3. If you have specific questions about this game, feel free to PM me. Send me pics, I can get you a good ball park figure.
There is definately going to be wear at least on the inserts and at least some grazing on the cabinet.
They made 1000 of these games, most shipped over sea. Its the game that put Pat Lawlor into pinball/ Williams and brought Pat and Larry together. Not only do I feel BR is a top game, but a unique piece that I feel is in a place in itself as part of pinball history.
Scott
Detroit Pinball
"Mr King of the Hill"

Scott is definitely "the guy" to talk to about a Banzai Run. At one point, he had a few of them all torn apart around his house. The one he currently has playing is the nicest one you will ever see.

#15 11 years ago

I am hoping the deal goes through and I can get a nice example to make perfect. The other machines will hopefully help reduce the cost of the BR.

#16 11 years ago

Weird...There was one on CL in my area recently too....It was right at the 2K mark if memory serves me (which it doesn't always lately).

#17 11 years ago

Well...took a look over the weekend and definitely proves people have different opinions on condition. Played with a few minor switch issues but no display. Cabinet was ok but one pretty good size damage area that would need fixed. Ramp needs replaced. PF has alot of wear on inserts. Top glass by displays was nice but appears to be starting to bubble. Didn't end up buying but still working on maybe landing it if the deal makes sense as I will have to throw in alot of money.

TBC for now

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

people have different opinions on condition.

+1,000,111,222,333,444,555,666,777,888,999.2

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Well...took a look over the weekend and definitely proves people have different opinions on condition. Played with a few minor switch issues but no display. Cabinet was ok but one pretty good size damage area that would need fixed. Ramp needs replaced. PF has alot of wear on inserts. Top glass by displays was nice but appears to be starting to bubble. Didn't end up buying but still working on maybe landing it if the deal makes sense as I will have to throw in alot of money.
TBC for now

Bummer! Sorry it didn't turn out as well as you hoped.

Hopefully it all pans out in the end!

#20 11 years ago

banzai run : best pin of the eighties !!!!

#21 11 years ago

I think I am officially going to turn down the deal. His finally offer was BR and Taxi delievered for $2500. Both had similar issues...play but need alot and neither have working displays. Might regret this one down the road just not sure it would be worth all the hours of labor.

#22 11 years ago

Hard to disagree. You could have run into serious expense.

#23 11 years ago

It's really hard to say no but it can be rewarding. Something else good will come along. I want a BR really bad but I'm going to have to wait also.

I had my eye on a whirlwind in trade at the TPF. It didn't work out. Someone walked up and bought my trade game a few minutes later, at my asking price. Before I left the show I had placed an order n ACDC. Go figure.

#24 11 years ago

I saw one up on OC CL for $4500. I'd love to have one, but not for that price.

#25 11 years ago

Some jerk already stuck you with a pin with a non working DMD. You didn't need more. I need to see the party schedule for tonight. Thanks for the invite. Probability is low, though.

#26 11 years ago

With that much work needing done to each, i'd pass. Especially at $2500. That's almost laughable I feel.

No displays, switch errors, bubbling.. ugh.

How was the taxi?

#27 11 years ago

Taxi is ok. lola version but probably a 6/7 out of 10.

Change in plans I have agreed to a price which included delivery. Unfortunately I have multiple other games in front of these and they will probably sit for awhile. Decided I really do want to own a BR sometime and even though this one needs work it will be hard to find another one this close to me. Plan is to restore in to new condition.................someday

TG.....hope you can make it as it has been a long time since we got to play some pinball!

Quoted from Nevus:

Something else good will come along.

My problem is I had myself talked into passing but then decided I would let go of a couple other titles to get the chance to take on these projects.

#28 11 years ago

Post pics when they come in.

#29 11 years ago

Will do....sent lots of emails out today looking for BR stuff to help make this one perfect. Just need CPR to get that pf done and during that time work on getting the cabinet perfect and everything else replaced should be a nice machine once finished if I ended up restoring it....four in line right now though: AFM(less the 15 hrs left), IJ, MB, STTNG, BR??

#30 11 years ago

I'd like to see how he folds down the bb of br. That is if it folds.

It's totally a bonus that you don't have to go pick up.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banzai-runthoughts-and-value and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.