Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wrekn ball#4.JPG
wrekn ball#3.JPG
wrekn ball#2.JPG
wrekn ball#6.JPG
wrekn ball#5.JPG
Wrecking Ball.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider detroit_pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Banzai >> Gofers, $ wise. Just the opposite, gameplay-wise, IMO. Banzai gets old in a hurry.

Whoooaa, Not so fast my friend!,

I strongly disagree with the gameplay comment. some neat side objectives and game play that follows what the story of the game is about. Never gets old..... but hey,I am a Banzai whore

Scott
Detroit Pinball

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

You are a Banzai whore, Scott!! You have my old one--which I desperately miss--and how many others??

Hey Greg, you know that is one of my holly grail pinball acquisitions of all time; I cant even figure out a magic number that would allow me to let your game go, $25 grand still no way. That baby gets plenty of love.

I had three at one time, sold one, and my original one that has been in the process of being restored for over 5 years, should be ready in a matter or weeks..... I also worked with Groni, and supplied most of the artwork and helped tweak the physics settings for the Banzai that you can download for Virtual Pinball.
I also had a chance to buy Pats original game that he built in his garage-- Banzai before it was Banzai-- Wreckn Ball, sadly I had to pass, that was a little to rich for my blood. I dont think most people know this is how Pat got discovered by Larry D. and that is ultimately how he got hired to work for Williams, one hell of a way to get discovered....
Wrecking Ball.JPGWrecking Ball.JPG

Quoted from pinlawyer:

Mark Pearson and I lost the 2012 Expobrawl on that pin--watching Adam Lefkoff and Keith Elwin chop wood by repeated cliff jumps for 45 mins. lulled us to sleep.

yep I have been there before, Koz and his partner did the same thing to our team in Expo Brawl a couple years ago on Korns BOP.... he kept hitting the left ramp for over an hour straight....... actually, If I remember, your team ended up taking his team down in the finals that year. Sometimes you have to seek revenge through the flipper skills of others

I will say, if someone can hold their own in the PAPPA A bracket, then maybe this game may not hold its legs.... But that probably includes you and about 5 others here on pinside. For the rest of the 99.9% on this forum, its plenty tough. I love the 2 ball multi-ball and trying to lock both of them for the Jackpot- that is a challenge in itself.
I hope all is well in AZ
Scott
Detroit Pinball

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Wow!! Wrecking Ball looks to have a few extra features, too! Pat himself offered to sell it?

Pat sold it a long time ago, the guy he sold it to, was having someone sell it, it was on the East Coast somewhere.
the upper playfield is significantly different, and their is a bull dozer on the bottom left playfield. If I remember, correctly the bulldozer rotates.... here are some more pics; I had my chance, but it was big money and very Raw Shape, old dirty wood, etc... but what can you expect, it was made in his garage from parts he could scavenge. Extremely unique idea for one person to complete in their garage. I would like to here Larry's side of the story one day.

wrekn ball#5.JPGwrekn ball#5.JPG
wrekn ball#6.JPGwrekn ball#6.JPG
wrekn ball#2.JPGwrekn ball#2.JPG
wrekn ball#3.JPGwrekn ball#3.JPG
wrekn ball#4.JPGwrekn ball#4.JPG

Scott
detroit Pinball

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Banzai Run was my holy grail pin as well and, ironically, NGG is the only PL WMS pin I don't own. I ended up with a nice factory diamondplated XR7 game that won't be leaving...

http://webpages.charter.net/schudel5/gameroom/dpbanzai/

Mike, I thought Banzai's were one of the most over rated pinball machines until I got a chance to put some time on yours...... Thanks

Quoted from pinballeric:

Banzai Run 1988 Williams
Class 1 - $3,400-Best
Class 2 - $2,250-Good
Class 3 - $1,200-OK

A lot of Banzai sales dont get listed, I have bought 3 and sold 1 and I can tell you that these prices are off--- your going to typically spend $2500 for rough to very average shape on up--- a restored one, will cost you more than twice your best price and a HUO even more; I know of one that went for $16k-confirmed.
Take in mind not a ton come up for sale to begin with.

Scott
Detroit Pinball

2 months later
#38 10 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Well for current market price we may know soon as one just popped up on ebay. It has a crappy looking, cheap replacement for the coin door (a roll of packing tape is included in the coin box) and from the pictures. especially the playfield, it looks to be a very expensive re-imported machine that will need a lot of work to get to a presentable level.

ebay.com link » 1988 Williams Banzai Run Electronic Pinball Machine Arcade Game Coin Operated

Started at $0.99 and at $4100 in less than 24 hours.

Rare and expensive, indeed.

Well it sold and was very average shape, it went for a lot higher than even I would of thought.
Jan 12, 2014 19:45:53 PST
Winning bid:US $5,200.00
[ 24 bids ]
Shipping: $375.00 Standard Shipping
Item location:Hales Corners, Wisconsin, United State

Scott
Detroit Pinball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 279.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 1,490.00
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider detroit_pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banzai-run-value-vs-no-good-gofers?tu=detroit_pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.