Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

banzai trim.JPG
IMG_5489.JPG
IMG_5490.JPG
IMG_5491.JPG
#1 9 years ago

In a recent for sale thread of a Banzai Run game, one our pinsiders (Mike) noted that the trim that goes at the top of the lower playfield glass was missing.

Mine is also missing off of my Banzai Run. As I was about 8 years too late to get any leftover pieces that Mike had, I opted to buy the same stuff he did from McMaster Carr and give it a try.

I'm not going to lie, this stuff is a bit of a pain to get onto the glass as it has an internal metal channel that you need to spread apart to get the piece on. Once it's on, then you need to pinch it onto the glass so that it stays in place and so it clears the upper playfield flasher dome as this is slightly thicker than the original plastic piece that was there. I was able to do this by hand and I believe Mike used pliers to do it.

When I measured the distance between the rails, I came up with about 20.5 inches. I decided to cut the pieces into approximately 20 inch pieces. This way, when you put it on your glass, you'll have about a 1/4 inch on either side to allow the glass to slide without contacting the side rails.

One other thing I noted is that because you now have this thicker rubber piece on, your playfield glass won't slide in as far as it used to but will still go far enough for you to put your lockdown bar on.

I've included a couple of pictures of the piece in place and the extras that I have (5 in total). If you want one of these, let me know. I was thinking $10 shipped per piece.

Dave

IMG_5489.JPGIMG_5489.JPG IMG_5490.JPGIMG_5490.JPG IMG_5491.JPGIMG_5491.JPG
#2 9 years ago

I am interested in a piece. Also, I dug up one of Schudel's pics of it installed on his machine.

banzai trim.JPGbanzai trim.JPG
#3 9 years ago

Mike's looks very similar to how mine looks installed - which is good because we used the same solution. I've got one piece spoken for, which leaves 4 more pieces. If you're interested just PM your details and I'll drop it in the mail as soon as I can.

Dave

#4 9 years ago

I believe 3 of the 5 pieces I have are spoken for. Anyone else need one of these for their game?

Dave

1 month later
#5 9 years ago

All of the pieces have now been spoken for. Thanks everyone that bought one.

Dave

#6 9 years ago

I've got my calendar set for 6 years from now to ask you if you still have any more available.

#7 9 years ago

Ha, now that's funny! I honestly didn't think I'd sell all of the extra pieces that I had. I figured I'd still have one a few years from now. I was surprised that there were as many people as me with Banzai Run games without this piece.

Who knows? Maybe 6 years from now I'll buy another 10 foot piece of this stuff and make more replacements.

Dave

#8 9 years ago

I'm glad you sold them all. It's amazing that piece is missing on so many games, but I can see why. Hopefully McMaster Carr continues to carry it down the road. Not sure the actual use for that rubber trim but glad it works for Banzai.

#9 9 years ago

Thanks again Dave for the trim piece!

Yup it was missing on my BR too...Didn't even know it was supposed to be there...Crazy

#10 9 years ago

I too would be interested, if someone does another round of these.

#11 9 years ago

Mine has the original trim but I like this one more
put me down as a +1

3 weeks later
#12 9 years ago

I recieved my trims 2 weeks ago, I'm very satisfied with this product, it looks like it was made for Banzai Run.
I had tried ordering a 10 foot piece of this about a year ago, but the company selling them emailed me saying that they don't ship to Canada.
Amazing product.
Thanks.
Claude.

#13 9 years ago

Hi Claude,

I'm glad that I was able to provide the pieces to you in Canada. I guess I provided a service the big companies don't - shipping to Canada.

It's really pretty easy to order the stuff you need and cut it into strips to fit. Well, it's easy if you're not in Canada anyway

Dave

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 279.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banzai-run-trim-for-lower-playfield-glass-extra-pieces-available and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.