New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 70128)

Banzai Run price check

By newtoit

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by EEE
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Trying to see if this pinbis in my price range. Whats a price estimate for one.

#4 6 years ago

I was going to say $3,200 +/- depending on condition. I was just offered crazy, silly money recently for mine; but it's still in my line-up.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I was going to say $3,200 +/- depending on condition. I was just offered crazy, silly money recently for mine; but it's still in my line-up.

Right? Who in their right mind would give one up. Such a fun unique pin.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Right? Who in their right mind would give one up. Such a fun unique pin.

It's cool looking and a great piece of history, but that upper playfield is, IMO, useless. I did complete it at Dayhuff's party a few weeks ago, so that was cool.

#7 6 years ago

Just sold mine for 2500

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

It's cool looking and a great piece of history, but that upper playfield is, IMO, useless.

I agree the freestyle area is useless. The rest isn't IMHO. The second part of the game's objectives are all up there from advancing riders, to locking the ball to trying to hit that damn captive ball for King of the Hill. Then going for victory laps back down on the lower pf after all that with the sound and lights...damn fun. One of my favorite Sys11 games.

I love to watch people who have never played BR try to manage the upper pf. They try to play it like the lower pf and wonder why in the world they can't advance the ball up the pf. It's entertaining to watch.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

It's cool looking and a great piece of history, but that upper playfield is, IMO, useless. I did complete it at Dayhuff's party a few weeks ago, so that was cool.

I havent been able to spend enough time with it to finish the upper playfield...only gotten to like the second part with the single flipper.

Although it wouldnt be my ONLY pin, I would still consider it for my collection if the price was right.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

You made every shot in that upper playfield? ABC, lock, 1st place, extra ball, yellow, red , blue, green, freestyle....??

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#11 6 years ago

I agree with Mike, $3200 is a good starting point adding/subtracting more money depending on condition. Keep in mind, any unshopped Banzai Run will probably need new ramps, possibly plastics and the backglass can be a problem too, so factor that in on your purchase.

Mine is on location, a factory clearcoated prototype, and it regularly outearns the newest pins

#12 6 years ago

I thought nice ones were in the $5000 range these days.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

You made every shot in that upper playfield? ABC, lock, 1st place, extra ball, yellow, red , blue, green, freestyle....??
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

ABC and Lock for sure. Yellow Red Blue and Green is the extra useless stuff on the upper right, correct?

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

ABC and Lock for sure. Yellow Red Blue and Green is the extra useless stuff on the upper right, correct?

Unless you locked two balls, hit the upper pf captive ball and did at least one victory lap, you didn't complete the game. All that useless stuff in the upper right is the freestyle area.

#15 6 years ago

thank you all. ive never seen one for sale in my area but im looking.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

I thought nice ones were in the $5000 range these days.

well ive seen people asking $5k-$8k but nobody buying at them prices either. i passed on one @2700 and another @3500.

#17 6 years ago

I have one for sale but it's in Australia at $4500

#18 6 years ago

Sold my first XR-7 about 3 years ago for $6k. Current XR-7 will be around for awhile.

For a non XR-7 I would think $4k for a nice one and deduct for condition issues. To pull one from a collection that is not for sale, $5k+.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

Sold my first XR-7 about 3 years ago for $6k. Current XR-7 will be around for awhile.
For a non XR-7 I would think $4k for a nice one and deduct for condition issues. To pull one from a collection that is not for sale, $5k+.

I totally agree with Marc. He has a good sense of market values.

The difficult part will be finding one that you can actually buy.

Btw Marc, it was nice to meet you in Houston.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 289.00
$ 149.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 1,400.00
$ 45.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside