(Topic ID: 308462)

Banzai Run Pop Bumpers Out

By ercvacation

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I'm seeing if anyone can lead me in the right direction on my banzai. All 3 of the pop bumpers don't fire. I went into coil test and none of them fire. I then went into switch edge test and none of the switches activated when I pushed the bumper skirt, but I can activate the switches by pushing them under the playfield. Should they activate when the pop bumper skirt is pushed down? What would cause all of these to be out? I will point out that I was repinning a connector to fix a lamp issue, but the game was off and the lamp issues are fixed.

Upon review of the coils, the upper right bumper coil looks a little toasty and I can't move the mechanism that goes up and down on this bumper. The other two I am able to freely move the mechanism. Not sure if this has anything to do with my issue, but in switch edge test, it's flashing R. Flipper Button 34. In switch edge test, the right flipper doesn't register but both right flippers activate. I see in the manual that the transistors for these bumpers are Q73, 75, & 77. I tested continuity with my dmm for 69, 71, 73, 75, 77, and 79. I did get a beep for 73, 75, and 77 and did not get a beep for the other 3. I guess this means the 3 associated with the pop bumpers are junk. I assume I should change all 3 and also the predrive transistors as well. Guess I need a new coil for the top right bumper but the other two look fine. I won't have time to work on this for a few days so please let me know if I'm on the right track or if I am missing something else. Thanks in advance.

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I am missing something else.

Their common fuse under the mini playfield near them ?

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Their common fuse under the mini playfield near them ?

I'll look for that when I get home. Is that common for all 3 bumpers to go out at the same time? I did my normal Google searches and didn't find too many times where all bumpers went. I do recall on new years, I smelled a burning smell and I thought it was banzai but couldn't locate it. The machine was turned off after that and only recently played again. Guess now I know what it was!

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Is that common for all 3 bumpers to go out at the same time?

If their fuse blows. Yes.

#5 2 years ago

Banzai is back in business. Changed the transistors and predrive transistors for each of the pop bumpers. There was a blown fuse as well. Everything works great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Cumming, GA
$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,490.00
$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banzai-run-pop-bumpers-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.