(Topic ID: 260241)

Banzai Run Nvram install

By Anothertoy

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Could someone please confirm the position on the MPU for the 6116 Nvram is the socket at U25.The existing chip is Does it need a jumper and where do i add said jumper if needed. The chip at U25 is a MB8416A-15L

Thankyou

#2 4 years ago

Yes, U25 is correct. If the MB8416A-15L is 24 pins, then no jumper is needed to be changed and 6116 NVRAM can be installed.

https://www.pinitech.com/products/6116_nvram.php

#3 4 years ago

Ok, that's what i thought. When I plug in the nvram and start the game, I get the factory settings message and can't move on until I re-install the batteries. Is there a boot up time for the new chip to be written to?

#4 4 years ago

NVRAM means batteries are no longer needed. Cut or remove the battery holder as it is not needed anymore. You need to go into the adjustment menu and change any settings you want, such as free play, and keep on scrolling until the game resets. Only then, will it remember your changes. Then you can turn the game off and on and check to see that it kept the changes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Cumming, GA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC
$ 279.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banzai-run-nvram-install and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.