Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

this is my 3rd post - 1st was excited to get it - 2nd was setting it up and wondering if it was a sample - and now i played it about 20 times yesterday and i just found it too easy and repetitive - i do have the back legs very high and front low. it just seems to easy - i love taxi, diner and other system 11 - am i missing something here - the top becomes easy once you play it a few times and the lower is very easy. i paid a lot for this game and i will keep trying to like it - i will say it's on 5 balls - but i am getting crazy scores and doing everything on 3 or less.

is it just loved because it's so cool looking and great to play the first time. just looking for opinions

thanks ed

#2 5 years ago

It happens. Every game is diff'rent and not for everyone. Don't over think it, play it some more and if you don't like it sell it and grab another.

5 ball though, ouch.

#3 5 years ago

ur missing nothing.

#4 5 years ago

Same. Ultimately you just get the ball to the top, flip it around, falls back down. Rinse repeat...

#5 5 years ago

SUper fun game really, and one of the few novelties in pinball that actually works.

Set it up steep if the lower pf is "too easy."

And 5 balls?! all post 1978 games are dumb on 5 ball.

#6 5 years ago

I guess for me the game really shines in multiplayer. My buddy and i always play several matches of BR whenever we go to the Silverball Museum. We always seem to have exciting matches on that game. Just curious, what kind of scores are you putting up?

#7 5 years ago

I agree! Nobody wants that game! You need to cut your losses and sell it to me for $1500!

(fwiw I think it's really fun and a blast with friends and for casual players. I love sys11s and don't mind simplicity or repetitiveness if the overall game mechanics are gratifying. Don't feel that the lower PF is too exciting on BR. Never gotten the hang of the upper PF but it might be because of the condition of the machines I've played. But overall I think it is still really fun and it would have a place in my lineup if I was building a larger collection, but for my space and funds it's one I'll enjoy in the wild rather than bring home).

#8 5 years ago

So how many victory laps have you completed?

You need to come over and play mine if you want to see what it's like to have BR hand you your ass.

#9 5 years ago

Great news is that you'll have no problem selling it.

#10 5 years ago

ive owned several and its real fun for casual players, its good in a collection but not a stand alone.

#11 5 years ago

You might not be missing anything and just not feeling it! I'm the same way with some games everyone seems to love and hey, that's cool! You like what you like! Plenty of other games out there to try!

#12 5 years ago

You honestly are not missing much. I want a Banzaii someday but that is for the novelty and I have a large collection.

It is one of the weaker games form this era, but fun.

I think you see them changes hands more frequently for good reason.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I think you see them changes hands more frequently for good reason.

You see almost every single pin change hands frequently.

That's what the hobby is. A bunch of people buying and selling the same games over and over again.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banzai-run-not-feeling-it-what-am-i-missing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.