(Topic ID: 300451)

Banzai Run issues

By Guidotorpedo

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Tinkering around with my banzai run I just picked up. Have a couple issues that I wanted to see if there were quick fixes for.

First one is the ball lifter. Most times, it will drop the ball to upper playfield as normal. Sometimes, it will hold the ball at the top, and then move all the way down, all way up again, then back down and drop the ball back on other lower playfield... so the magnet never lets it go. Wondering if this is a software issue (it has proto ROMS in it) or something else)?

Second issue is also upper playfield related. When the up kicker served the ball to the
Mini flipper, it often bounces before the mini flipper and rejects back down to the kicker. This happens very frequently, and sometimes takes 10 or so kicks to serve properly. The kicker has plenty of strength, but it rejects after the bend way too frequently. Any advice on that adjustment to make it reliably serve to the mini flipper?

Thanks!
Mike

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Wondering if this is a software issue

Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

or something else)?

Like the switch at the top that lets the game know to drop the ball has an issue ?

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Like the switch at the top that lets the game know to drop the ball has an issue ?
LTG : )

Maybe.... but it hits each time in switch test. Wish I knew maybe it needs to actuate the switch for a longer period of time?

#4 2 years ago

mine has had issues with switch 51 lower ball lifter switch in test mode it would work everytime but in game mode it will get confused like this in the end i just bended the blade slightly on switch 51 and now it works everytime that could be the issue with the ball lifter does it come up switch 51 and magnet in test report

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from gypsycat:

mine has had issues with switch 51 lower ball lifter switch in test mode it would work everytime but in game mode it will get confused like this in the end i just bended the blade slightly on switch 51 and now it works everytime that could be the issue with the ball lifter does it come up switch 51 and magnet in test report

No issues in test report. I upgraded the ROMS to L3 so let’s see if that fixes the switch logic. So far zero malfunction

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 279.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Cumming, GA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,490.00
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banzai-run-issues-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.