• Latest reply 3 years ago by DumbAss
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

boards_33.jpg
bzricb01b (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - wanted

Banzai Run Interconnect Board - Reproduction

Added: 2020-05-23 23:31:42 UTC • Ended: July 2nd, 2020

Price

Wanted

Great Lake Modular makes a replacement for the game-specific interconnect board for Banzai Run. The original part number is D-12112, the GLM part number is BZR-ICB. It seems like everyone is out of stock on this at the time, I would love to get my hands on one. Just started working on my BR and this board is quite toasty with lots of previous repairs. Looking for anyone with one they would part with, or a lead on someone that still has this in stock. TIA!

Item photos

bzricb01b (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are viper001's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to viper001's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Hamilton, OH, US

#2 3 years ago

I had thought about reproducing this board (my own reproduction not a GLM reproduction). I don't know what the demand for this board is. I don't see wanted posts for this very often. I have a friend who has one that I could use for a template but I've resisted working on it in favor of other boards that would have more demand and are more interesting to me.

I have reproduced the regular interconnect board but this board is specific to and only used by Banzai Run. Limited audience for sure.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

I had thought about reproducing this board (my own reproduction not a GLM reproduction). I don't know what the demand for this board is. I don't see wanted posts for this very often. I have a friend who has one that I could use for a template but I've resisted working on it in favor of other boards that would have more demand and are more interesting to me.
I have reproduced the regular interconnect board but this board is specific to and only used by Banzai Run. Limited audience for sure.

All I can say is pretty much every BR could use this board. It seemed to be poorly designed to handle the currents that go through it, all the pictures I have seen of other boards tend to look like mine (toasty, jumpers, questionable soldering jobs from previous owners, etc). Since Great Lakes already did theirs I would love to convince them to crank out another run, I sent an email but didn't hear anything back. Does anyone know of a better way to get a hold of them? I'm assuming they are still in the board business??

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

I'm assuming they are still in the board business??

They haven't been for quite some time.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

They haven't been for quite some time.

Bummer I wasn't aware of that fact. I guess the website is still up to move their old merchandise or something.

2 weeks later
#6 3 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

Make it and they will come... I'm in.

#7 3 years ago

Although mines in good shape.. I'm in for one

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Sheprd:

Make it and they will come... I'm in.

Well, I took my Interconnect board out and repaired it this weekend. It was in better shape than I expected. I had to replace the 4 GI 5A fuse holders and beef up some traces between the fuse holders and the edge connector, but that was it. After replacing the IDC connector plug with Trifurcon crimped connectors in a new 9-pin housing, everything is working perfectly. I'm going to replace most of the GI bulbs with LED to keep the current low. You can take me off the list.

Mac

#9 3 years ago

Teaser. Sorry for the poor lighting. The board needs testing and I am arranging the testing with a friend's machine. It's the same board but with different components (a budget version and a premium version).

Once I have this all ready (that is assuming the board works) I'll probably make a post in the Banzai Run club thread to measure any further interest. Right now I only have one private and one public (above) request. I only had five boards made (but can make more if there is demand beyond five).

boards_33.jpgboards_33.jpg
#10 3 years ago

Any idea on cost and have you given any thought to selling JUST the PCB for us DIY'ers ?

Mine works but was pretty badly hacked when I went through it in 2007.

#11 3 years ago

Following.. Waiting for pricing

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

Teaser. Sorry for the poor lighting. The board needs testing and I am arranging the testing with a friend's machine. It's the same board but with different components (a budget version and a premium version).
Once I have this all ready (that is assuming the board works) I'll probably make a post in the Banzai Run club thread to measure any further interest. Right now I only have one private and one public (above) request. I only had five boards made (but can make more if there is demand beyond five).
[quoted image]

I’m in when you get price and tentative lead time. Need to match that new led display

#13 3 years ago

I would like to purchase one also.

#14 3 years ago

Thanks everyone for the interest. Here's the (tentative) pricing. It's unlikely to change unless there's a good reason.

All prices do NOT include shipping. I'm not a business so I can only offer shipping at retail prices. Sorry. USPS Priority Mail medium flat rate box (board fits in either box shape) is $15. I can also go to a Fedex or UPS store if you prefer those carriers.

Bare (blank / unpopulated) board = $60
Basic (budget) complete board = $150
Deluxe (premium) complete board = $180

Basic components are the low profile relays, fuse clips and standard connectors. Deluxe components are cube relays, fuse holders and higher quality Molex connectors. The cube relays are more expensive and I installed sockets. There are five of them on this board so that difference adds up quickly.

Lead time is currently about one month. The reason is that I only have three bare boards left and not enough stock of components for assembling more than one or two boards. I need to have more boards made (typically about two weeks) and I need to acquire more components. Then I need to assemble the board. If you are interested and commit then I will commit to making a board for you.

On another side note (shameless plug) I also have an Auxiliary Power board that eliminates the flash when LED flashers are installed in 3C, 4C, 6C and 7C. Those are available but need assembly. I do not keep a stock of assembled boards at this time. More information is available in this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumbass-test-and-reproduction-pcbs

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

Thanks everyone for the interest. Here's the (tentative) pricing. It's unlikely to change unless there's a good reason.
All prices do NOT include shipping. I'm not a business so I can only offer shipping at retail prices. Sorry. USPS Priority Mail medium flat rate box (board fits in either box shape) is $15. I can also go to a Fedex or UPS store if you prefer those carriers.
Bare (blank / unpopulated) board = $60
Basic (budget) complete board = $150
Deluxe (premium) complete board = $180
Basic components are the low profile relays, fuse clips and standard connectors. Deluxe components are cube relays, fuse holders and higher quality Molex connectors. The cube relays are more expensive and I installed sockets. There are five of them on this board so that difference adds up quickly.
Lead time is currently about one month. The reason is that I only have three bare boards left and not enough stock of components for assembling more than one or two boards. I need to have more boards made (typically about two weeks) and I need to acquire more components. Then I need to assemble the board. If you are interested and commit then I will commit to making a board for you.
On another side note (shameless plug) I also have an Auxiliary Power board that eliminates the flash when LED flashers are installed in 3C, 4C, 6C and 7C. Those are available but need assembly. I do not keep a stock of assembled boards at this time. More information is available in this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumbass-test-and-reproduction-pcbs

DumbAss are you willing to sell an unassembled deluxe kit? I'd like one for my game if possible?

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

DumbAss are you willing to sell an unassembled deluxe kit? I'd like one for my game if possible?

A deluxe kit will be $120. There are not a lot of different components so components will not be individually bagged.

International shipping options in the US vary. For USPS:

Any form of priority shipment starts at $40 but more realistically $85 or even higher. This service includes tracking.

There is a "First Class Package International Service" starting at $28 but that lacks any form of tracking.

Quoted from DumbAss:

Lead time is currently about one month.

This lead time is an estimate and based on when I actually make an order for additional boards (if required). It's likely to be sooner than that.

I'm going to commit to ordering more boards by the end of this coming week (assuming the testing of the boards show they work - testing should be today and I have very high confidence that it will work). That should be enough time for interested people to decide. The boards are the rate limiting step. Any changes to the estimate I will update as needed.

#17 3 years ago

For those following who are interested ...

- the good news is that today's test showed both boards (different components) are electrically correct and switch (power) correctly.

- the bad news is that I installed an incorrect component (value) and will need to fix this and re-test to be 100% sure. The manual has an error. Why am I not surprised?

1 week later
#18 3 years ago

Sorry I didn't notice there had been interest on this thread that I started. I will take either of the complete boards when you have them done, preferred the one with original style relays but I would also take the budget complete one if that is easier to produce. Thanks for doing this!!

#19 3 years ago

Final test completed today. The board is good (with the corrected resistors).

Final call for anybody interested to send a PM (or post here).

I have enough boards to complete current requests without ordering any more. With no further requests in the next few days I will be able to fulfill them within the next two weeks. If more requests come in then more boards will need to be ordered (will increase lead time) and I will update everyone interested appropriately.

Thanks everyone for the interest!

#20 3 years ago

I pm ed you a while back that I was in for one.

#21 3 years ago

Sorry for any possible confusion. If you sent me a PM with confirmation or commitment (payment not necessary at this time) then you are on the list. If you posted in this thread about possible interest without any confirmation or commitment then you are NOT on the list.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banzai-run-interconnect-board-reproduction and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.