• Latest reply 12 years ago by tomdotcom
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0002.jpg
#1 12 years ago

We found our old Banzai Run in the company shop and I finally got a chance to play it. It's pretty darn fun challenging the pros to a few rounds of motocross! Although I had no idea what I was doing I had a pretty decent game at 2.8 million! It's so strange to see a game for the first time that's seen its share of action on the route. The last time the machine was touched was probably some time in the mid to late nineties. But she still plays well despite the horribly bubbling inserts and wood wear in the jet bumper area! IMG_0002.jpgIMG_0002.jpg

#2 12 years ago

Played it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Thought it was a lot of fun.

#3 12 years ago

ahh, the vertical playfield backbox. haven't played one of those in a very long time.

#4 12 years ago

Haven't played it yet, but it definitely looks pretty cool.

#5 12 years ago

Out of all the pins at the PHOF, Banzai Run is by far the one that I was most disappointed that it was broken when I was there last year.

#6 12 years ago

I played this at the Pinball Wizard a few months ago. I really liked it for it's uniqueness. I left wanting to play more. It's a Lawlor pin isn't it? My first impression was Wow. But I've learned that after several games that could change so I have to play it more.

#7 12 years ago

I looked up a couple of times just as the ball was draining in the upper playfield. D'oh! I really need to read the rules.

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from wesperron:

I really liked it for it's uniqueness. I left wanting to play more

ya, it kind of catches you like that. the uniqueness..plus TONS of flippers, and the dirt bikes crack me up. its challenging for sure

#9 12 years ago

I finally played it this year @ Lost Ark in NC.
Neat theme and layout.
I enjoyed a few plays.

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from wesperron:

It's a Lawlor pin isn't it?

It's the FIRST Lawlor pin!

#11 12 years ago

Such a great game. Could not stop playing it Texas Pin Fest.

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from DrAzzy:

It's the FIRST Lawlor pin!

Talk about an ambitious first effort. The guy came out of the gate at full speed!

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

We found our old Banzai Run in the company shop

wtf...? You "found"?? Where do you work? Can I work there?

#14 12 years ago

My dad actually runs the route. I do all kinds of things in the shop with him.

#15 12 years ago

Aren't you near Nashville? What's on the route? I only know of two laundromats in Lebanon, the Grand Ole Opry, a few spots in Murfreesboro and the Arcade in Antioch. Where is this route you speak of so I may search out new pins?

#16 12 years ago

You visit Lebanon? Awesome mystic! We have 3 locations: Holiday Wash laundromat, Wash World laundromat, and the Jimmy Floyd Family Center. We have TAF, JP, and CBW at HW, Hook at WW, and JP:LW at JF. Lost World is down as we need to replace a shorted transistor. And JP at HW has switch matrix issues, we hope to replace the bad diode today and make it playable again.

#17 12 years ago

My company has a branch in Lebanon. Ill be there Thursday. Don't have any laundry to do but I do love pinball!

#18 12 years ago

If I get out east to Lebanon I'd love to play JP again. It's been many, many years since I've seen that pin.

#19 12 years ago

Jay JP is up and running again! Turns out a bad trough switch was shorting the entire matrix. And it's clean too, and FAST! I dare say it plays noticeably faster now that I've cleaned it. Have fun!

#20 12 years ago

Played this machine at Lost Ark in Greensboro, it was awesome....

#21 12 years ago

I like the game, I think the backbox game kinda sucks though, neat idea, but it just feels clunky.

I do love the looks/sounds of the machine, and it's somewhat rare...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,490.00
$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 279.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC
$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banzai-run-first-impressions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.