Screenshot_20240105_104140_YouTube (resized).jpg
IMG_3597 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3598 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1238 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1241 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1242 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1240 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#129 6 years ago

Looks great and huge improvement over what looks like a playfield that was wrapped in packing tape? Some people just get to creative in repairing pinball machines.....

1 month later
#139 6 years ago
Quoted from GKW:

Joined the club last month when i picked up a very rough BR at the Games Sales Auction. This is my second time owning a BR and I don't intend on letting this one go! I too need the usual: upper playfield glass, plastic set, main ramp, and new playfield. I think I read something recently, where CPR stated that they were going to be re-running the plastic set and upper playfield glass to coincide with the playfield release. I sure hope so!
My machine is missing the upper playfield glass barrier molding. I reached out to Kerry Stair to make me one. He said that if there was enough interest that he would make some. Unfortunately, only one other person responded. If anyone in the club would be so kind as to take theirs to a local fabrication shop and have some examples made, that would be fantastic! PinballTommy reached out to me recently and offered up a plastic set and a fully populated ramp, but we couldn't agree on a price. Unfortunately, I have way too many projects on the to-do list right now, so I have to budget for the pressing ones. I am just about finished with a Scared Stiff restoration, ground up total rebuild! To make matters worse, I added two more machines to the fold that are going to need attention: Catacomb and Strato-Flite.
I hope to locate the parts that I need, so that I can start on BR after the SS. Very thankful and happy to be back in the club!

Well I emailed Kerry also so one more to the list on the glass rail barrier. Needs More hands up to make it. This title Needs this often lost part. Please reach out and show an interest.

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from codered9394:

I'm in on the glass rail barrier so add me to the list. I need some side rails if we can figure a way to get some made.

For the List, you need to email Kerry at Mantispinball. Do Not assume I am correct but I thought the stainless rails at Pinball Life say 1988 Williams? The pictures for his rails are not correct but you can check. I think they are $89 Good Luck

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Is this glass rail barrier of which you speak, the piece that goes between the playfield and upper playfield glass? Mine just has a gap there

Thats the one! This specific game had a custom dual direction stainless steel glass rail to accommodate both the upper and lower playfield glass. Most operators threw it away as it is a bit of a pain to take it off every time. I had seen many rubber door strip variations but I was Really hoping Kerry or other could recreate the real deal.

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from GKW:

We need to make sure that everyone that needs this piece emails Kerry. You can contact him at: [email protected], or 630-653-8900.
I sure hope he makes this, as no BR owner that I know will go to a local fabricator and have some made. I know two owners personally and they are afraid that their piece will get damaged or lost.

If I had a sample or good detail I could easily fabricate this. As I am a stones throw away from Kerry I would even assist him on the project with the fabrication part if that swayed him to make even a small run.

1 week later
#152 6 years ago

This is a bit of a long shot but I am in the final stages of restoring my Banzai and noticed how ick my factory cabinet decals were during the cabinet restore. Was hoping someone might have a scan or good picture of one of these? I have a laminating and decal machine so I could make it but the graphic on mine is to far gone. Hoping someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks

IMG_0839 (resized).jpgIMG_0839 (resized).jpg

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

McMaster Carr saves the day!

Care to share the part number please?

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from djh00000:

Contact Treasure Cove. They reproduce complete decal sets for restorations.

I will So do that thank you!! Not sure if they have these but worth a shot. I know I have their shop out decal kit but I am more looking for the Large BR decal on the top.

#159 6 years ago

I appreciate it. I had already sent him several PMs but he seems to no longer be around. I'll keep hunting but Any good image or help is Greatly appreciated.

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from kimber:

I will check mine tonight and PM you with a photo if it looks good enough.

Wow, Thank you!! Its such a small non important detail but with a full cabinet restoration I would hate to skimp on trying to make it original. Even if the scale is off anything would look better than the one I sanded off! Thank you!

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I’ll check mine too when I get home

Thanks for checking. Any help would be appreciated.

#165 6 years ago

Thank you! I will see if I can recreate that. Can't imagine a non OEM font will make my game play any better. Thanks again!

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from kimber:

Mines not the best condition but hopefully you can use this.
Have you thought about recreating it in word using the same font?
Would sure look tidy.
Good luck with the restore.

Thank you both very much! With these 2 examples I am going to do my best to recreate the image and font. Mine was so blown out I could barely read it. When I do create it I will upload for anyone else in future need for free. Need to keep these BR’s looking pretty! Thanks again.

5 months later
#202 5 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

looking for a little a little clarification. My game arrived yesterday and after booting up my Balllifter began to recalibrate itself. I tried to follow the procedure for this action but there is no info in the owner's manual for this?
Any assistance is appreciated!

Depends on what proceedure your looking for. After boot the ball lifter cycles to the upper switch then back down to the bottom and complete.

#209 5 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

sure there are going to be several posts from me due to my new acquisition. Has anybody pulled the Mylar from their game? what were the results?

From every Playfield restorer I talked to they said Don’t do it unless you have a serious problem! This era game is known to loose most of the art and inserts. I personally used the Treasure Cove polishing kit on the Playfield and Mylar and it shines like new. Unless you have some terrible wear I would leave it alone.

4 months later
#227 5 years ago
Quoted from kimber:

Just received my silver playfield from CPR - I was a bit slow to order.
I am very pleased, the clearcoat is thick and like glass.
I have a German TAF and i would say this is a superior finish.
Very pleased after waiting all these years.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great but look how many miles are already on it! Congrats looks like you have a fun project ahead of you now.

4 months later
#238 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Just join the club with a project Banzai that needs a lot of work and plus this just happen.
[quoted image]

Ouch! I think you'll need Novus 9 to clean that up. Take your time she will be playing again in no time. Congrats.

5 months later
#264 4 years ago

Was hoping the Banzai smarter then I club could help with some guidance. Finished my Banzai restoration (Long procrastination...) and have some insert lights out in a common row. Diagnosed to J7 on the interconnect board (pin 3 I believe?) and the signal goes To the interconnect board on that wire but does not leave? Solder looks good my Guess is its one of the Omron relays not switching over?? Any thoughts or things anyone could suggest would be Greatly appreciated. Game turned out amazing (only took me 9 years....) but this last minute glitch has me puzzled. Thanks.

#265 4 years ago

Any thoughts? I’m still stuck on the relay being the issue but as I’m not certain what there purpose it’s still a guess.

11 months later
#327 3 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

Hey friends,
I am about to be the proud owner of a banzai. Ive read on a post or two that mentions removing the back glass prior to shipping, is this necessary? I surely will remove the baby ball up there so it cant damage it, but if the head was shrink wrapped would it be enough to make the machine good to go?
Also, should the legs be removed on this machine? Ive been told by a shipper that ships 5k+ machines a year that they dont see significant damage from shipping machines with the legs on, and im just wondering if this is special. I mean, its a totally special game in my heart

Personally see no reason to take the glass out only the ball for sure. As for shipping with the legs on Heck no in my view. This game is Dam heavy and the only way to move it on and off trucks will be a fork truck which you can Gauruntee will result in damage. Plus Hand carrying this game off the truck with the legs on will be a fun chore.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1,490.00
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Cumming, GA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC
$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banzai-run-club-banzaiiiiiiiiiiii?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.