Screenshot_20240105_104140_YouTube (resized).jpg
IMG_3597 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3598 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1238 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1241 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1242 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1240 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#267 4 years ago

Hey guys, a generous pinsider loaned me his carrier bracket so I could measure up and make this part available once again.

Here is the repro version (though a little bit of guess work around the ball as the one sent to me has been fixed - sort of) and I also want to do a upgraded beefed up version of this bracket near the ball to fill that section up to the notched section near the ball - Is this doable or does something fill this channel like part of the assembly, wires etc. I want to beef it up as I have seen many failing around there and this upgrade should ensure the part will last for a long time.

Please share any feedback

banzai-9thJan-1 (resized).pngbanzai-9thJan-1 (resized).pngbanzai-9thJan-2 (resized).pngbanzai-9thJan-2 (resized).png
#276 4 years ago

Thanks for the info guys that helps alot and a big thanks to transprtr4u for risking sending the part to me (as always scary that a part may go missing in the mail) and trusting me to do this. But as others know I do this to help the hobby guys out and if lucky break even with a couple of sales in which I only make a small 20% commission on any units sold.

The colour in the images is just the colour I am using for the modelling because if I use black you would not see all the details. It will be available in black and a few other colours.

check out my website and the pinball drop down for the various pinball parts made available
https://swinks.com.au/

Shapeways uses solid nylon and bonds the particulars together with a laser and much much better than home printed which have a honeycomb filling. Marco Specialities often buys various parts from my store and stocks them in their store so things like the Goldeneye Sat Dish, 80's ball launcher and recently the Doctor Who MPF opto carrier have been performing well and saved people's games and allowed them to use their games as intended and avoiding dodgy hacks.

Here is an image of the 2 types that I will make available - regular and upgraded where I have beefed up the section around the ball but not extending higher than the ball to make the part stronger.

upgraded section (resized).pngupgraded section (resized).png

Check out the cross section image to see the area thickened up will still allow for cables to pass through. I put a 2mm radius on these corners so remove any chance of cable wearing.

upgraded section cut (resized).pngupgraded section cut (resized).png

From here I will order one and check the sizing and then return original and new part to transprtr4u to install the new one in his game and check that it is fully functional so allow about a month for all this to happen.

cheers

Jady

#277 4 years ago

I finished a few partial print tests and good to go and ordered one and heading straight to transprtr4u for a install check as payment for covering the postage to send his installed one to me.

we should have some reports on fit and use in about 3 weeks

3 weeks later
#285 4 years ago

Thanks so much Rob for the review and testing, BUT also for trusting me and taking the risk to send me your part, so a big thanks to you allowing this to happen.

Also for everyone's awareness, Rob was sent the upgraded, beefed up section version and hopefully will last a long long time.

These are available here at Shapeways at the moment and you can choose a different coloured version.

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=swinksbanzai

5 months later
#295 3 years ago

not sure if this is part of what the issue is but if you need the ball lift bracket you can find it here
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=swinksbanzai

3 months later
#319 3 years ago

thanks for the kind words

if you send me the dimensions and depending on the size of the bar (not sure what that is) I can reproduce it I am sure to help the cause, just send me a PM

#321 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Hope you are well , the piece is the playfield glass trum , but due to the 2 playfields it holds the bottom glass and top backglass
Essentially a piece of trim

all good here thanks, yes that sounds like it is fairly long part which will probably not fit in the professional shapeways printers

#324 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

About 12 to fourteen inches

shapeways can print up to 14.5 inches so it is doable if under that.

just pm me if you want me to design this part

1 year later
#436 1 year ago
Quoted from Myers4NU:

Does anyone have any pictures of the carrier tube assembly? Our game came with the carrier body(that swinks remade) but does not have the carrier tube assembly at all. No magnet core or any hardware. I have the part numbers listed below but have found nothing anywhere online. I appreciate any help!!!
Coil & Connector Assembly - A-12158
Magnet Core - 02-4340
Carrier Tube - 03-8167
Thanks,
Shane M

use pinball search to find the parts - is a good search site for parts globally

A-12158
https://www.pinballsearch.com/#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=A-12158

02-4340 - no luck
https://www.pinballsearch.com/#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=02-4340

03-8167
https://www.pinballsearch.com/#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=03-8167

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 279.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,490.00
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Cumming, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banzai-run-club-banzaiiiiiiiiiiii?tu=swinks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.