Screenshot_20240105_104140_YouTube (resized).jpg
IMG_3597 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3598 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1238 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1241 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1242 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1240 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider orlandu81.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#389 2 years ago

New member just joined the club yesterday! I haven't read anything yet, spent the first day just cleaning and inspecting. A few things I learned within the first few hours:

- Needed to adjust the inlane kickout, it now goes directly to Banzai Hill 95% of the time
- My ball elevator was getting stuck on the cables going up and down, with some strategically placed zip ties I seem to have fixed it but if anyone has a picture of a clean fix I would be highly appreciative of the photo share. I don't want it pulling too tight, but also if too loose it gets stuck easily.
- Had to adjust the ball guide on the "1 lap" section, it now will fall on the ideal flipper spot upon exit.

I was going to splurge on the CPR mirrored backglass and bezel but mine are in really nice shape so I will hold off for now.

To me this game drives like a longboard skateboard on smooth blacktop (on the main playfield) and like mayhem on the backbox. I don't find the backbox too challenging, as I was a little worried after reading reviews that the backbox section was impossible. It is not...I am already getting good at defeating Yellow, Blue and Green...and can often make my way up to the top to try to defeat Red. It's only been a day, but I have yet to finish first in the race. This will happen this weekend for sure!

BR1 (resized).jpegBR1 (resized).jpegBR2 (resized).jpegBR2 (resized).jpegBR3 (resized).jpegBR3 (resized).jpegBR4 (resized).jpegBR4 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#390 2 years ago

Let's get some life into this owner's thread! (am I in the right thread?)

Not sure about other BR owners but my "spot" saucer had some wear when I got it, so I rebuilt around it with some Quikwood but when I ordered my Cliffys I was bummed to see that there was no carbon fiber Cliffy for that saucer. Having an Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure I noticed the scoop was similar so I figured I would give it a try and ordered another IJ one just to see if it would work. All 3 holes don't line up, but I was able to get 1 hole lined up and two of the three screws back in and it will do the job just fine. This machine is not ultra fast so I'm not worried.

This machine is a BLAST and a nice change up from the rest of my lineup.

cliffy 1 (resized).jpegcliffy 1 (resized).jpegcliffy 2 (resized).jpegcliffy 2 (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#413 2 years ago

Hello BR owners! I have a quick question, not a big deal and it doesn't bother me much but I am wondering what metal part is supposed to go here and utilize this small hole. I imagine it is not a necessary part, since I have been playing my machine for many months without it. I thought at first it was from a prior owner but notice in a few pics there is some sort of thin metal post that is in some pics.

image0 (5) (resized).jpegimage0 (5) (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpeg
#415 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Looks like a bent wire form. I don't know exact size. [quoted image]

Thanks, that makes sense. I thought there was only one hole but it seems this wireform wraps towards to the top of the in lane. My other "hole" seems to be filled, by what I'm guessing is a piece of said wireform. I now think the wireform snapped at some point and the previous owner took out the piece but left the small nub in the other hole at the break.

I'll see if I can find one of these, thanks again!

#417 2 years ago

Wow chad and EEE you both have really nice PFs -- both look clear-coated.

To represent the owners with routed machines and OG playfields, here is mine. While I can't turn back time on it without doing a restore, I was able to stop the bleeding with the basics like Cliffys, keeping it waxed and changing the balls often. I do love this game very much, just when I think it starts to get old I win a few races, hear that victory lap music and I'm sucked right back in.

IMG_7270.jpgIMG_7270.jpg
#419 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Thank you , but it is not mine. I found the picture on page 2 of this thread. Yours is looking good.

Thanks! It has it's minor flaws but nothing noticeable unless you are trying to find issues with it.

With that in mind, I was considering getting a spare playfield and looked at both CPR and Mirco. Does anyone have any input or comparison between the two? I thought I would go CPR but when zooming in on the photos there seem to be more inconsistencies on the PF artwork vs. Mirco.

3 months later
#424 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Hello BR owners! I have a quick question, not a big deal and it doesn't bother me much but I am wondering what metal part is supposed to go here and utilize this small hole. I imagine it is not a necessary part, since I have been playing my machine for many months without it. I thought at first it was from a prior owner but notice in a few pics there is some sort of thin metal post that is in some pics.[quoted image][quoted image]

As a follow up, I wanted to thank chad and EEE again for helping me identify the missing bent wire form. Of course Marco's was sold out so I bought a longer one, re-bent it, and cut off the excess. Looks great and feels smoother.

wireform (resized).jpegwireform (resized).jpeg
#426 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

That new playfield sure looks good. !!

Ah if only...this is the OG playfield. It is in B+ condition so I will keep it OG.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,490.00
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC
$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 279.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider orlandu81.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banzai-run-club-banzaiiiiiiiiiiii?tu=orlandu81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.