Screenshot_20240105_104140_YouTube (resized).jpg
IMG_3597 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3598 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1238 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1241 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1242 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1240 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gkw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#134 6 years ago

Joined the club last month when i picked up a very rough BR at the Games Sales Auction. This is my second time owning a BR and I don't intend on letting this one go! I too need the usual: upper playfield glass, plastic set, main ramp, and new playfield. I think I read something recently, where CPR stated that they were going to be re-running the plastic set and upper playfield glass to coincide with the playfield release. I sure hope so!
My machine is missing the upper playfield glass barrier molding. I reached out to Kerry Stair to make me one. He said that if there was enough interest that he would make some. Unfortunately, only one other person responded. If anyone in the club would be so kind as to take theirs to a local fabrication shop and have some examples made, that would be fantastic! PinballTommy reached out to me recently and offered up a plastic set and a fully populated ramp, but we couldn't agree on a price. Unfortunately, I have way too many projects on the to-do list right now, so I have to budget for the pressing ones. I am just about finished with a Scared Stiff restoration, ground up total rebuild! To make matters worse, I added two more machines to the fold that are going to need attention: Catacomb and Strato-Flite.
I hope to locate the parts that I need, so that I can start on BR after the SS. Very thankful and happy to be back in the club!

#145 6 years ago

We need to make sure that everyone that needs this piece emails Kerry. You can contact him at: [email protected], or 630-653-8900.
I sure hope he makes this, as no BR owner that I know will go to a local fabricator and have some made. I know two owners personally and they are afraid that their piece will get damaged or lost.

#149 6 years ago

Here is what I borrowed from a thread, based upon Bryan Kelly's restoration of one.

134 (resized).JPG134 (resized).JPG

#150 6 years ago

The top piece is the one in question. I don't have a picture of the lower one. Also, there is quite a demand for side rails.

3 months later
#171 5 years ago

I just bought a new CPR Banzai Run backglass today! I don't know when these became available, but get yours while supplies last! I am not sure if it comes with the inner transparent sheet as the previous run did; I have sent an email to Kevin asking about it. I also asked him if the plastics were going to be available at some point in the near future. That sure would be nice, since I need a set and to combine shipping would be an added bonus!

4 weeks later
#178 5 years ago

Just in case everyone has not heard, CPR has backglasses and plastic sets available. According to Kevin Wayte, in the very near future, you will be able to order on-demand, anything that they have done from day one! That means that anytime you want, you will be able to order a glass, plastic set, or playfield, without having to wait for them to get enough people to say that they want something. Keep checking their website, as they will soon have a new website, which will have all of their items. Yes, the licensed stuff will be available too. If you do a search on Pinside, you will find the thread and it is quite long!

#182 5 years ago

Again, not to worry. Once CPR starts this new business, you will be able to get any playfield, any time. Keep in mind though, these will be digitally reprinted, as opposed to silkscreened. They will be doing limited runs of silk screen playfields, but don't hold your breath on a title that you are looking for (think, which ones will bring the most bucks).

#183 5 years ago

I am still hoping that someone will reproduce the upper playfield; mine is badly faded. I heard a few years ago that Mirco might be doing these, but probably not, since there is not a lot of demand for it.

5 months later
#222 5 years ago

I am still looking for a lift channel; anyone have an extra, or know of a good fabricator that can make one? Mantis is a no-go.

1 year later
#314 3 years ago

Seems as though I am always late for the party! I've been absent from Pinside for far too long and was hoping to bring back some good news with my return; no dice. I returned, only to find that everyone is still looking for the upper playfield metal bar, and to my dismay, that a few new great items became available while I have been out: carrier, motorcyclist decal, and a repro interconnect board!
I have been in contact with 3 individuals who are into manufacturing parts for pins and that they have BRs in their collections. All 3 expressed interest in reproducing the metal bar for the upper playfield glass. It's been years now and no one has stepped up. This is beyond frustrating.
I am IN for a metal bar, along with the new items that became available. I know about Swinky's website and I intend to place an order. I just hope that the other 2 items are available! I have just about given up hope on the metal bar. If someone could make this in a 3D printer, I would gladly take one; better than nothing, or something that looks like!
Glad to be back and I hope to get my restoration underway soon!

#316 3 years ago

Any chance you could run another set of decals? Someone may come looking for them in the future. I know of 3 BRs overseas, which will probably make their way home and will definitely need some work.

2 years later
#449 1 year ago

I am finally going to be restoring my project this year and I am slowly collecting parts that I need. My project is a basket case and most notably, it was missing the ramp. I've already bought a new one, but I don't know how to attach the lights, or are those flashers?
If you can provide any of the following information, I would greatly appreciate it!
- what does it look like under one of the domes on the ramp? Are those flashers and if so, what do they attach to? Are all of the domes connected and if so,
where do they attach under the playfield?
- did anyone ever have any luck finding someone to manufacture the lift channel/playfield glass metal bar?
- can a new rider decal on the magnet be obtained?
- does anyone know where I can get a decent System 11 coin door that won't break the bank?

That's all that I can think of for now. I have been sitting on a lot of great projects for many years now and I am determined to get them all done by the end of the year: BR, Centaur, GNR, Ice Cold Beer, KISS, Scared Stiff (x2!), Space Invaders, Strato-Flite, and Xenon. Most are in the works currently, such as Centaur, SS (both at the same time), and Xenon. I know that parts are out there, it's just a matter of time!
Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC
$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 279.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,490.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gkw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banzai-run-club-banzaiiiiiiiiiiii?tu=gkw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.