IMG_3597 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3598 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1238 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1241 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1242 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1240 (resized).jpeg
VideoCapture_20231215-220405 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dozer1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#84 6 years ago

Anybody know how to light the extra ball on the upper PF? It may be common knowledge, but I had this game for a year and 1/2 now and finally figured it out. Just had a game of over 9,000,000 pts. My best be far. BR is really a great game.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

It is a long time since I owned a BR but I think you light it by getting A, B, C before you go for King Of The Hill.

You got it!

#90 6 years ago

That goes under the left slingshot plastic. It is a guide for the ball cannon (I think it's called)

#91 6 years ago

You can see those 3 locknuts sticking up in this pic.

br (resized).jpgbr (resized).jpg

5 months later
#108 6 years ago

I really like my Banzai Run. One of a handfull of games that I would be very hard pressed to part with.

1 month later
#117 6 years ago

If you could borrow a friends mini van or pickup for that trip, it might save you a lot of grief. Taking the back box off of this one should be a LAST resort.

8 months later
#188 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

For transport how easy is it to remove the backbox?

It's all do-able, but personally I would look to friends that I could borrow a van from or even rent one, before I would want to screw with BB removal of a BR.

9 months later
#240 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

plus this just happen

Don't matter too much I guess since you are restoring this Banzai. Just curious though, how did it happen? Something back box folding related? Having owned one for a few years, I just know they are a different animal, and take some getting used to.

1 month later
#246 4 years ago

Yep, looks like it just needs to be bent at a nice 90 degree angle and you will be good to go. Here is mine through the glass. Not sure how, but yours might have gotten tweaked while folding the head. They are a bit finicky to fold the head down on.

DSCF7038 (resized).JPGDSCF7038 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#248 4 years ago

Maybe grind a bevel on the bottom edge of the new ramp. See if that lowers it enough?

3 months later
#257 4 years ago
Quoted from alansarcade:

or know the dimensions I would be very interested

Here is mine. I could do some measuring for you. Kind of a tricky piece. 2 pieces of stainless, each with 3 bends in it, then spot welded together. If you are in a shop that is equipped to do that type of thing, it might be a snap. In the last pic, the PF glass sits on that decal and the BG fits in the channel above it.
DSCF7074 (resized).JPGDSCF7074 (resized).JPGDSCF7075 (resized).JPGDSCF7075 (resized).JPGDSCF7079 (resized).JPGDSCF7079 (resized).JPGDSCF7081 (resized).JPGDSCF7081 (resized).JPG

#259 4 years ago

This should pretty well do it. As far as the angles go, the "actual traced" part should get you real close. (most likely right on) Fine tune with your BG and PFG as needed.

Banzai trim (resized).jpgBanzai trim (resized).jpg
#261 4 years ago
Quoted from alansarcade:

would love to have an original to hand the metal worker

No doubt that would be best. You should be fine though with the pics and measurements.

1 month later
#268 4 years ago

I was looking at mine which is installed, so I cannot see the underside by the magnet. My guess is there would have to be a couple of wires there to energize the magnet. My feedback would be as long as the material you are using is as strong as the original material, I wouldn't change anything. That piece gets damaged when you fold the head and don't realize you should run the magnet up a ways on the upper PF. I know this because I did this on my game before, but caught it before it broke.

#270 4 years ago

The best I can do is this pic, hope it's helpful. As @transprtr4u said, thanks a bunch swinks for making this part. I believe quite a few Banzais can use one.

DSCF7147 (resized).JPGDSCF7147 (resized).JPG
2 months later
#291 4 years ago
Quoted from antinea:

I have to wiggle J8 on the interconnect board until it's lit again

If you can wiggle and change something (turn it on when it is off) that's gotta be fixed obviously. One time I had a diode that was cold soldered right by J-8 or J-7 can't remember which one. I was sure it was the connector or secondly, re-flowing the pins on the board. Those 2 things didn't do it. Started to gently push on things around the area and presto. 1 diode was the culprit. Try and target in on the problem, making sure you are not accidentally wiggling the next connector too. The problem could be there, throwing you off.

Other thing to consider. Not trying to be offensive, but is your re-pinning of J-8 done well? Are the crimp connectors done in a quality manner? Just asking because I have seen some shit ones on games that I have bought. You might want to check and / or re-pin J-7 as well. If there is any visible corrosion on the pins of it anywhere, it would need to be done for sure.

8 months later
#329 3 years ago
Quoted from EEE:with the legs off on its back end the machine will probably tip over at some point.

True.-- that point is shortly after you stand it on it's back end.

I am not 100% sure as I don't move the game very often, but I think the back glass has to come out before folding. The lower molding goes under the PF glass. So first the PF glass needs to be pulled forward some. Then the back glass glass can be removed.

3 weeks later
#333 3 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

it arrived in great condition

Great to hear! Happy it worked out. Some pics please when you get it all set up.

#335 3 years ago

Both games look real nice!

5 months later
#360 2 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Finished up the playfield swap.

Great looking work!

7 months later
#421 2 years ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:33 million and holy shit did I have to piss.

I imagine you did. You rolled it 3 times? How many King of the Hill beatings approximately?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dozer1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banzai-run-club-banzaiiiiiiiiiiii?tu=dozer1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.