Screenshot_20240105_104140_YouTube (resized).jpg
IMG_3597 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3598 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1238 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1241 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1242 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1240 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcannan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

I'm not sure what the possibilities were, back in 1988. Maybe some were shipped with mylar and some without. But I've also heard stories that mylar was shipped seperately with the game, so operators could make their own decision to install it or not.
Either way, examples both with and without mylar exist (and the XR7 clearcoated sample games, of course). I actually sold my first BR fairly quickly after buying it, because that was a non-mylared game with damaged insert decals. This was before the time that insert decals became available.

Back then a distributer told me they sprayed the pfs with Windex and floated the mylar into position and then squeegeed it down, per buyers preference. I think they just came with the machines. Some of my early well used games that could have benefited from them, came with uninstalled sling shot mylars inside the game.

I'm very new to pin side, and had to ask another group how to join. As they welcomed me and explained the strict joining requirements, I could be a charter member of this group. I've owned mine over twenty years. Pf is mylared, BG excellent, cabinet nice except for (see pictures ). Now back when I was building my collection it wasn't hard to find games in great condition. Of course I was disappointed but bought it thinking, it will do until I find a better one. I never had another opportunity, except at pinball shows, where they were always priced beyond my means. I have now given up my quest for perfection. I really appreciate what others are doing to theirs. I look forward to setting it up again and playing it as is. I'll leave it to the person who pries it out of my dying hands to do a full restoration.

IMG_4310 (resized).JPGIMG_4310 (resized).JPG

IMG_4311 (resized).JPGIMG_4311 (resized).JPG

IMG_4312 (resized).JPGIMG_4312 (resized).JPG

#120 6 years ago

Just a quick added note for those looking for one. When set up in my basement, I could not open the head with out taking off the back legs and lowering the back. Certainly a pain but worth the effort for this game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC
$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 279.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1,490.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcannan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banzai-run-club-banzaiiiiiiiiiiii?tu=dcannan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.