Topic Stats

• 337 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by dung
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 132 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Image from iOS (3) (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (1) (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (2) (resized).jpg
358BCC16-E0C5-4AB9-9465-CA70B03312BB (resized).jpeg
20200816_105348 (resized).jpg
20200816_105352 (resized).jpg
20200816_105359 (resized).jpg
20200816_105404 (resized).jpg
20200816_111126 (resized).jpg
20200816_105415 (resized).jpg
20200816_111119 (resized).jpg
20200816_111135 (resized).jpg
IMG_7226 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1484 (resized).JPG
detail (resized).jpg

There are 337 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 5 months ago

viper001 this is how mine looks.
IMG_7226 (resized).jpeg

I don't have any problems with the game in this area other than I'm totally crap at getting the skill shot, lucky to get it once in ten games!

#302 5 months ago
Quoted from razoraustralia:

viper001 this is how mine looks.
[quoted image]
I don't have any problems with the game in this area other than I'm totally crap at getting the skill shot, lucky to get it once in ten games!

So with these pictures I was able to figure it out (I think). On the stacked plastic that is in that corner it is held on with a lock nut near the saucer, and 2 wood screws that slot into the plastic on the edge. For whatever reason I had mounted the small black spacers above the plastic instead of underneath it where I believe they go. By doing that I was able to get my plastic to pitch toward the saucer so that every time a ball ends up on it it gets dumped off like it should. Thanks to everyone that posted to help me figure this out!

2 weeks later
#303 5 months ago

Little help please , could someone take a pic of the B target from the back of the playfield ? Please!
Looks like mine is wired incorrectly I have 2 green wires attached to my C target and none to the B .. The A target is also wired with a green wire

#304 5 months ago

Joining the club tomorrow. Excited, but not looking forward to the 18.5 day of driving.

#305 5 months ago
Quoted from dung:

Joining the club tomorrow. Excited, but not looking forward to the 18.5 day of driving

Worth it!
Drive Safe

#306 5 months ago

18.5 day of driving?

BANZAIIIIIII!!!!

#307 5 months ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

18.5 day of driving?
BANZAIIIIIII!!!!

Yeah, did it about a month ago. Same drive. Leave at 2am. Get the game around 10:30 am. Turn around and drive home. Last time I was there I asked about the game. MPU was out of it. Game needs to be gone through. Its been sitting. Gave them their asking.

#308 5 months ago

So, has proto roms but not an x serial number. Trying to figure out if the pf is cleared. The lower is smooth to the touch. The inserts that aren't mylared look chipped. Comparing to my f14 next to it. Feels different but can't find any markings. *Edit* After doing research serial puts it in the 200 range. PF is marked 566. It has three date stamps and a marking that I cannot make out. Something that is circled. My best guess on this is it has a thick lacquer. Yellowing on the non mylared parts is what leads me to believe this.

20200816_105348 (resized).jpg20200816_105404 (resized).jpg20200816_105352 (resized).jpg20200816_105359 (resized).jpg20200816_105415 (resized).jpg20200816_111119 (resized).jpg20200816_111126 (resized).jpg20200816_111135 (resized).jpg

#309 5 months ago
Quoted from dung:

Yeah, did it about a month ago. Same drive. Leave at 2am. Get the game around 10:30 am. Turn around and drive home. Last time I was there I asked about the game. MPU was out of it. Game needs to be gone through. Its been sitting. Gave them their asking.

Great buyer! We sold him Checkpoint, F-14, and Banzai Run. Looking forward to see what can be done with BR.

#310 5 months ago
Quoted from Crash:

Great buyer! We sold him Checkpoint, F-14, and Banzai Run. Looking forward to see what can be done with BR.

So far, cleaned up the battery holder area, socketed the pia below it (corrosion), and installed nvram. Game boots and works minus GI and speech. It is sitting for the time being while I work on that checkpoint I got from you.

1 month later
#311 3 months ago

2 Banzai’s in the gamesroom. One mint, other not so much.

358BCC16-E0C5-4AB9-9465-CA70B03312BB (resized).jpeg
#312 3 months ago

What the plans for the second incomplete one?

#313 3 months ago

Second one is complete but stripped to refurbish.
It has already been sold. I’m just fixing it for the new owner.

2 weeks later
#314 80 days ago

Seems as though I am always late for the party! I've been absent from Pinside for far too long and was hoping to bring back some good news with my return; no dice. I returned, only to find that everyone is still looking for the upper playfield metal bar, and to my dismay, that a few new great items became available while I have been out: carrier, motorcyclist decal, and a repro interconnect board!
I have been in contact with 3 individuals who are into manufacturing parts for pins and that they have BRs in their collections. All 3 expressed interest in reproducing the metal bar for the upper playfield glass. It's been years now and no one has stepped up. This is beyond frustrating.
I am IN for a metal bar, along with the new items that became available. I know about Swinky's website and I intend to place an order. I just hope that the other 2 items are available! I have just about given up hope on the metal bar. If someone could make this in a 3D printer, I would gladly take one; better than nothing, or something that looks like!
Glad to be back and I hope to get my restoration underway soon!

#315 80 days ago
Quoted from GKW:

I've been absent from Pinside for far too long and was hoping to bring back some good news with my return; no dice. I

Sadly sold my game , and I'm out of this club! However I saw the need for this part to be remade as well. I had the rider decal remade and sent to many BR owners , #Swinks was amazing at duplicating the ball lifter that I sent him for reproduction.
I have the measurements for the metal divider and never thought about swinks doing the reproduction.
I will try to find the measurements if someone will step to reproduce .
Regards
Rob

#316 80 days ago

Any chance you could run another set of decals? Someone may come looking for them in the future. I know of 3 BRs overseas, which will probably make their way home and will definitely need some work.

#317 80 days ago
Quoted from GKW:

Any chance you could run another set

Kept the master file , so I could do more. The last of them went to the new owner.

If there is enough demand can have some done, but I didn't charge anyone that was in need including including postage on the last run.

#318 80 days ago

I could use a decal.

#319 80 days ago

thanks for the kind words

if you send me the dimensions and depending on the size of the bar (not sure what that is) I can reproduce it I am sure to help the cause, just send me a PM

#320 80 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

not sure what that is

Hope you are well , the piece is the playfield glass trum , but due to the 2 playfields it holds the bottom glass and top backglass
Essentially a piece of trim

#321 80 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Hope you are well , the piece is the playfield glass trum , but due to the 2 playfields it holds the bottom glass and top backglass
Essentially a piece of trim

all good here thanks, yes that sounds like it is fairly long part which will probably not fit in the professional shapeways printers

#322 80 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

fairly long part

About 12 to fourteen inches

#323 80 days ago

Best if someone that has the original part would take a picture and post it.

#324 80 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

About 12 to fourteen inches

shapeways can print up to 14.5 inches so it is doable if under that.

just pm me if you want me to design this part

#325 80 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

shapeways can print up to 14.5 inches so it is doable if under that.

just pm me if you want me to design this part

Hoping someone can follow up with #Swinks, I have sent him a part (ball lifter) to reproduce. He did a great job, was very communicative, part was back in my machine in no time , plus we now have "obtainium" ball lifter. He's done so much for the hobby I'm sure he will be able to complete this as well!

1 month later
#326 43 days ago

Hey friends,

I am about to be the proud owner of a banzai. Ive read on a post or two that mentions removing the back glass prior to shipping, is this necessary? I surely will remove the baby ball up there so it cant damage it, but if the head was shrink wrapped would it be enough to make the machine good to go?

Also, should the legs be removed on this machine? Ive been told by a shipper that ships 5k+ machines a year that they dont see significant damage from shipping machines with the legs on, and im just wondering if this is special. I mean, its a totally special game in my heart

#327 43 days ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

Hey friends,
I am about to be the proud owner of a banzai. Ive read on a post or two that mentions removing the back glass prior to shipping, is this necessary? I surely will remove the baby ball up there so it cant damage it, but if the head was shrink wrapped would it be enough to make the machine good to go?
Also, should the legs be removed on this machine? Ive been told by a shipper that ships 5k+ machines a year that they dont see significant damage from shipping machines with the legs on, and im just wondering if this is special. I mean, its a totally special game in my heart

Personally see no reason to take the glass out only the ball for sure. As for shipping with the legs on Heck no in my view. This game is Dam heavy and the only way to move it on and off trucks will be a fork truck which you can Gauruntee will result in damage. Plus Hand carrying this game off the truck with the legs on will be a fun chore.

#328 43 days ago

I disagree with Yelobird and I can all but guarantee that with the legs off on its back end the machine will probably tip over at some point. The head makes it unable to stand upright without additional prep work and padding underneath the head when standing.

It’s a three person job, or two with arm forklift straps because of the backbox shape.

I’d leave the legs on if I had to ship it. I’d also ask the seller to raise the magnet, pull the extra carriage bolts needed to fold the head down and put pillows between the playfield glass and backglass when prepping it for shipping. You could possibly leave the captive balls in, but pull the other three in the trough as well as the Freestyle ball.

Put no moving blanket between the head and machine as the width of the cabinet is almost identical to the width of the backglass. What this translates to is that the additional thickness of the moving blanket along the sides of the cabinet will stretch the sides of the backbox which could cause some damage.

#329 43 days ago
Quoted from EEE:with the legs off on its back end the machine will probably tip over at some point.

True.-- that point is shortly after you stand it on it's back end.

I am not 100% sure as I don't move the game very often, but I think the back glass has to come out before folding. The lower molding goes under the PF glass. So first the PF glass needs to be pulled forward some. Then the back glass glass can be removed.

#330 43 days ago
Quoted from dozer1:

True.-- that point is shortly after you stand it on it's back end.
I am not 100% sure as I don't move the game very often, but I think the back glass has to come out before folding. The lower molding goes under the PF glass. So first the PF glass needs to be pulled forward some. Then the back glass glass can be removed.

Apparently the head is already folded down. They are going to prop it up to remove the mini ball, and then put something between the head and the cabinet as they lower it, just to make sure its safe and sound. Then i guess if its all broken and such ill get a CPR repro w/ mirror glass and cry myself to sleep. Then the shippers will be responsible for physically moving it out of its location after fixing it up w/ blankets and plastic wrap

2 weeks later
#331 26 days ago

I just posted a write-up on do-it-yourself ramp protectors for Banzai Run in the Pinball Whisperer's thread. Check it out! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-whisperers#post-6034292

#332 20 days ago

So, I got my banzai, it was sent legs on head down, from pittsburgh to the austin area, and the feet had near 90 degree bends in them by the time it arrived. BUT, it arrived in great condition. I honestly have no idea how to "grade" these, and the PF looks pretty damn good in my opinion. Very happy to officially be an owner of a replay foundation machine.

#333 20 days ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

it arrived in great condition

Great to hear! Happy it worked out. Some pics please when you get it all set up.

#334 20 days ago

picsssssss of the machines (and shameless pic of a bk2k i also picked up!)

Image from iOS (1) (resized).jpgImage from iOS (2) (resized).jpgImage from iOS (resized).jpg

Image from iOS (3) (resized).jpg
#335 20 days ago

Both games look real nice!

#336 20 days ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Both games look real nice!

can confirm!

2 weeks later
#337 4 days ago

My banzai run didn't have the marquee. They had a super thick piece of clear glass in it instead. I got a cpr marquee and slid it in, but feels like it needs trim? Does anyone know what sizes if it does?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 149.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 337 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside